Styling Exterior styling

New age bumper on classic

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2020, 09:35 AM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New age bumper on classic

Morning guys,I’ve recently returned to the Subaru scene,I purchased a v6 sti a few months back and while it’s allready fairly sorted I’d like to put some of my own touches on it. While it may not be to everyone’s taste I’ve seen a few pictures of what I believe to be a blob sti front bumper on a GC8. I’m wondering if anyone here has done this/doing this? Or know how much it would cost to get one made up. I’m not really willing to try this myself as I’d have no clue where to start. Personally I think it modernises the front end in a really subtle way. Again I know it’s not going to be everyone’s cup of tea,but I’d like to hear some feedback. This is a picture a found off the internet!
Old 08 April 2020, 09:39 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

I think it looks good mate, have no idea how to get one to fit as I’m not an expert but that car in particular look nice
The following users liked this post:
Old 08 April 2020, 09:43 AM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johno01
I think it looks good mate, have no idea how to get one to fit as I’m not an expert but that car in particular look nice

ive seen a few people have had it done,just no real definitive answer of how it’s done or how much it’s costs. I really like it but if it was mega money to do I’d give it a miss.
Old 08 April 2020, 09:56 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

I don't know how to reply to this..........

For once.
Old 08 April 2020, 10:01 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
I don't know how to reply to this..........

For once.
try....
Old 08 April 2020, 08:11 PM
96sti
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Ime sure that the new age bumper is slightly wider than a classic. You'll have to take a section out of the centre of the new age. That's what I was told when I enquired about doing this it's not to everyone's taste but I actually like it 👍
Old 08 April 2020, 08:17 PM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 96sti
Ime sure that the new age bumper is slightly wider than a classic. You'll have to take a section out of the centre of the new age. That's what I was told when I enquired about doing this it's not to everyone's taste but I actually like it 👍

yeh I like it aswell,I’ve actually found one for sale but it’s £500 ish. Me personally think that amount of money for a bumper is a bit much. Plus I’d have to have it painted to match my car. What I’ve been told so far from a couple people is you won’t get much change from £1000 to make one(including labour) If that’s the case surely a company should jump on this and start producing a limited amount?
Old 08 April 2020, 08:46 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Exactly mate, not to everyones taste but if you like it then go for it...there will always be haters regardless of what the mod...I think that classic in the picture looks great
Old 09 April 2020, 08:08 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Dont forget guys that the classic in the picture also has the wide arch kit. I think if it were just to have the newage bumper without the wide arch kit it would look daft.
the bumper looks ok but I'm not a fan of wide arch kits on impreza's, looks like somebody has riveted 4 toilet seats to the car.
it also has a blobeye scoop which looks miles too big on a classic
Old 09 April 2020, 09:54 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by johno01
try....
It would be a dull world if everyone was the same, so I have no issue with taste at all. After all, I have a bright yellow car!
But it's called a classic for a reason, and if it's in good condition it shouldn't really lose any money from now on, in fact quite the opposite; I just think the OP would be dog barking crazy to alter a classic at some expense, for zero performance or handling gains, and make it largely un sellable to the type of impreza buyer looking for safe money classics .
It would certainly turn heads, and the op can drop his money where he wants. Shreksta is bang on though, and it would be interesting to ask the question on Type ra forum, where there are more purists.
Old 09 April 2020, 02:15 PM
HarryB
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by the shreksta
looks like somebody has riveted 4 toilet seats to the car

😂😂