Sport General sport discussion

Mourinho?

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2012, 10:15 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Mourinho?

I've just seen Jose board a private jet at Heathrow which has a flight plan for Boston.

Stunned.
Old 16 May 2012, 10:48 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Maureen the ho?

Don't want that cheat anywhere near English football, thanks v. much.
Old 16 May 2012, 10:54 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

If thats true and its not just a Hol the been a Liverpool fan I would be more than happy, But still not happy bout the king going !!
Old 16 May 2012, 11:19 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
I've just seen Jose board a private jet at Heathrow which has a flight plan for Boston.

Stunned.
You liar?
Old 16 May 2012, 11:21 PM
Big Pete
Scooby Regular

'hope not...
Old 17 May 2012, 09:56 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobywrxwagon
If thats true and its not just a Hol the been a Liverpool fan I would be more than happy, But still not happy bout the king going !!
"The king" has done exactly waht many on here and elsewhere said he would: taken Liverpool DOWNwards and then run away.
Old 17 May 2012, 10:56 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Of course he's bull5hitting, dont get sucked in

The truth is Rafa Benitez was spotted sitting on the No 12 bus, licking the window on his way to Melwood.
Old 17 May 2012, 12:32 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Mourinho in your sticky wet dreams!

AVB is on his way
Old 17 May 2012, 01:09 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

I think Tango Man from Hull was also seen approaching Liverpool......best of luck!
Old 17 May 2012, 02:31 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

If Liverpool fans think the club is currently big enough to attract Mourinho, then

I wonder what he'd prefer; a Carling cup or a title challenging team?
Old 17 May 2012, 07:40 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Jose Mourinho has reportedly distanced himself from the vacant Liverpool managers job by saying "I'm not that f**king special"
Old 17 May 2012, 08:13 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37

AVB is on his way
Is this the same AVB who has a better points per game record than DiMatteo?
Old 17 May 2012, 09:15 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
"The king" has done exactly waht many on here and elsewhere said he would: taken Liverpool DOWNwards and then run away.
I dont agree, The league position wasnt good enough I have to agree but we were entered in to 2 cup comps and got into the final of both and won 1 of them taking us into Europe. I personally think concidering the crap that was left behind by Rafa, Hodgeson and the previous owners he has done pretty well to stablise the club and bring them there 1st piece of silverware in 6yrs. What have any of the others above Liverpool actually won this year other than Man City...... Nothing !
I would have given him another season or at leasted reviewed the situation midway through next season.
How long did it take SAF to win anything..... 8 yrs !
1 full season is nothing to build a team and support network needed to win leagues and challange for top 4.
Unless we can get a manager in of mourinho's standard or even Kennys for that matter we wont do as well next season as we did this season.

Question is if a new manager comes in and we dont reach a final or get in the champs league do the sack another manager............ ???

Success takes time, a foundation needs to be built then you build from there. Sacking him means we start from the very begining again with a new manager with new coaching staff and new ideas that the team have to get used to.

King kenny ynwa

Rich
Old 17 May 2012, 10:05 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I dont agree, The league position wasnt good enough I have to agree but we were entered in to 2 cup comps and got into the final of both and won 1 of them taking us into Europe. I personally think concidering the crap that was left behind by Rafa, Hodgeson and the previous owners he has done pretty well to stablise the club and bring them there 1st piece of silverware in 6yrs. What have any of the others above Liverpool actually won this year other than Man City...... Nothing !
I would have given him another season or at leasted reviewed the situation midway through next season.
How long did it take SAF to win anything..... 8 yrs !
1 full season is nothing to build a team and support network needed to win leagues and challange for top 4.
Unless we can get a manager in of mourinho's standard or even Kennys for that matter we wont do as well next season as we did this season.

Question is if a new manager comes in and we dont reach a final or get in the champs league do the sack another manager............ ???

Success takes time, a foundation needs to be built then you build from there. Sacking him means we start from the very begining again with a new manager with new coaching staff and new ideas that the team have to get used to.

King kenny ynwa

Rich
2 points...

1. Chelsea won the FA cup and they finished above Liverpool.
3. Inheriting the previous mangers mess. What like the £35m KK spent on Carroll you mean? Or the £20m he spent on Downing you mean? Or the £20m he spent on Henderson you mean?

Old 18 May 2012, 02:18 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
2 points...

1. Chelsea won the FA cup and they finished above Liverpool.
3. Inheriting the previous mangers mess. What like the £35m KK spent on Carroll you mean? Or the £20m he spent on Downing you mean? Or the £20m he spent on Henderson you mean?

The signings werent the best player for pounds I agree but thats the new owners tranfer policy to blame for that, young home grown players they wanted and thats what D Comolli bought, you know as well as I British players are more expensive than anywhere in the world but that was what they asked for and thats what they got.
Ye I agree with ya on the Chelski front I cant not as they beat us in the final but only just.... and did Carroll score....

YNWA

p.s what has D Moyes or the other managers on that level won this season or ever for that fact and they still have Jobs.

Rich
Old 18 May 2012, 02:22 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37

AVB is on his way
My mate said he would like to see AVB in. I did reply that he would remove the dead wood, which would render the first team changing room empty.

For what its worth, AVB was shabbily treated by Chelsea. He did however attempt a battle of egos with the team, which unsurprisingly he lost!
Old 18 May 2012, 04:54 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Myles
For what its worth, AVB was shabbily treated by Chelsea. He did however attempt a battle of egos with the team, which unsurprisingly he lost!
+1
Old 18 May 2012, 05:19 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

The signings werent the best player for pounds I agree but thats the new owners tranfer policy to blame for that, young home grown players they wanted and thats what D Comolli bought, you know as well as I British players are more expensive than anywhere in the world but that was what they asked for and thats what they got.
Ye I agree with ya on the Chelski front I cant not as they beat us in the final but only just.... and did Carroll score....

YNWA

p.s what has D Moyes or the other managers on that level won this season or ever for that fact and they still have Jobs.

Rich
Everton didn't spend nearly £100m and Everton are a smaller club. I'd say given their and other clubs finances and fan bars in comparison to liverpools...
Old 18 May 2012, 05:23 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Is this the same AVB who has a better points per game record than DiMatteo?
As long as you're happy