Sport General sport discussion

Mourinho Bemoans the cost of transfers shocker

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2007, 07:43 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking Mourinho Bemoans the cost of transfers shocker

FPMSL at this guy, I wonder why Jose you tard !! Chelsea made their bed.........

Mourinho is short of central defensive cover

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has hit out at the inflated transfer prices the champions are being asked to pay.
Short of central defenders, Mourinho is expected to sign a centre-back during the January transfer window.

But Mourinho insisted he would rather play his 55-year-old assistant Baltemar Brito - a former defender - rather than pay over the odds for a centre-back.

"Just because of the smell that Chelsea needs a central defender has people thinking we are stupid," said Mourinho.

The Chelsea manager added: "With the reality of the English market I prefer to play with Brito than pay the crazy money.

"I would love an Aston Martin but if you ask me for £1m for an Aston Martin, I tell you, you are crazy because they cost £250,000."

Chelsea have been linked with a move with Manchester City's England defender Micah Richards, though Mourinho insisted the champions have yet to speak to any club.
Old 03 January 2007, 08:05 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be fair it is you lot that started paying over inflated prices for defenders .

Moronio is losing it big time.

Maybe he's been transfer listed.

Happy New Year - and don't let Chelsea catch you
Old 03 January 2007, 09:19 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jasey
Happy New Year - and don't let Chelsea catch you

And to you Jasey
Old 03 January 2007, 09:27 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does he care? It's not his money. He's just trying to cover the fact he sold two established centre backs without bringing anybody else in. He cant complain he had no time to do so as he tried to tap Cole up long before the transfer window and it was clear for all to see what the deal would be.

The prices Chelski have to pay are down in most to their own doing. Any cash rich club will tend to have to pay over the odds for players; even more so British players. They have been paying well over the odds for the past 2 years so how he expects it to change now is beyond me. SWP started last night and was subbed. He's yet to play a full game for Chelski yet they paid £21 million for him. laughable! RVN for £10 mil or shevchenko for £30 mil. Very similar records at the same level of the game.

Fact is he's feeling the pressure and starting to crack. Quite amusing.