Drugs Test - FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2010, 04:06 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Drugs Test - FAIL

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/8638727.stm

Funniest excuse yet for failing 3 drug tests.
Old 29 April 2010, 03:31 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

always 1 poor guy gets caught

take the chance, you accept the media frenzy of bullsh*t that goes with it unfortunatley.
Old 29 April 2010, 10:51 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Cheating is cheating is it not ?

No unfortunately about it, the bullsh*t is the lame excuse he used.

Poor guy only in the respect he has a tiny *****, probably brought on by roid abuse in the first place.
Old 30 April 2010, 06:01 AM
jef
Scooby Regular

pmsl your lack of education is laughable, and the reason this countries health is in such a fcking mess.

anyhow your right he got caught - he takes the punishment, the unfortunate thing is hes the only one, that did, there isnt 1 single sport at top level where performance enhancers are not used from snooker to athletics all and in between - he just didnt have a good enough plan to avoid detection.
Old 30 April 2010, 06:25 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by jef
pmsl your lack of education is laughable, and the reason this countries health is in such a fcking mess.

So you just stumbled into the Sport section came across this amusing thread and decided to advocate the use of banned substances within sport on the off chance then ?

Seriously are you for real ? I'm responsible for the state of the nations health ? Not bad considering I'm in Australia I must be Scoobynets very own Dr Evil

As for an Education, keep taking the roids dude, it seems you already have the paranoia and good luck with your small *****. although I must say you do look very impressive if that's you in the avatar, but very vain to have a picture of yourself as an avatar.

Last edited by Funkii Munkii; 30 April 2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 30 April 2010, 07:31 AM
jef
Scooby Regular

what has a small ***** got to do with anything mate?

given the fact that your very own body produces in the region of 10mg of "roids" per day, going by your rationale, you must there fore have a tiny *****. infact your thought train must mean that females have the biggest penises.

considering the size of your ***** id dictated by genetics, lets hope your mum had a massive one, or shower time must be very embarassing.

you are responsible for your own health and as a collective that is a nation, and in the uk certainly that education comes from a media based on income generation rather than actual fact. - maybe doesnt apply so much in oz, but to spout utter nonesense shows to me your lack of understanding of how a body works full stop.

to me the thread isnt amusing as the guy has now to live with the media created stigma and all his years of hard work and effort and commitment are belittled, because he got caught, whilst others wallow free in there high and mighty "natural" status.
Old 30 April 2010, 09:21 AM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Old 30 April 2010, 09:46 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Jef

P1ss taking aside, you still advocate that the taking of performance enhancing banned substances is fine as long as you dont get caught ?

And we should feel pity for Merritt as he was caught, not once but three times ?

Maybe it's Merritt that has a lack of education, surely the link is evidence of that.

Originally Posted by Jef
to me the thread isnt amusing as the guy has now to live with the media created stigma and all his years of hard work and effort and commitment are belittled, because he got caught, whilst others wallow free in there high and mighty "natural" status.
lets put this in perspective, he has to live with the fact he cheated to gain an unfair advantage in his choosen discipline, nothing else, the hard work effort and commitment stopped the day he started cheating he blew it and flushed his career down the toilet. The "stigma" was not created by the media at all there are rules set by the governing bodies of every sport on this planet.

Do I gather from your comments that you believe every athlete in any given sport takes something to help them along the way ? and that performance enhancing drugs would sort the health issues out in the UK ? I cant see what you're getting at unless of course you take a little something to el you along the way to whatever your goal is .

Lets not forget this thread was started because of the ridiculous excuse he used
Old 30 April 2010, 12:17 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

mate your putting various words and statements in my mouth-which ive not said

at no pint did i advocate taking any banned substances, and in my origional statment , i said he broke, rules got caught, therfore takes the punishment.

im sure the vast majority of athletes at top of there sports, will do what it takes to get the edge-thats human nature. to be the best some people go further than others.

but there are so so so mnay ways to dupe testing for performance enhancers its unreal,

if you look at fact over media frenzy - these governing bodies make there decisions in relation to public perception which is largley guided by the medias over-reactions.

imagine the outcry if a federation was to accept any kind of enhabcers, there would be an outcry, due to lack of understanding by the general public, who really dont understand anything about hormones, ect.

the only way for there to be a fiar playing feild for all is to have open federaations, which just wont happen, unfortunatley.

merrits a young guy, we all make mistakes, he is just seems absolutley desperate to be the best at his sport.

yes hes maybe should have learned by now, but your just seem intent on taking the **** out of a guy who has probably busted his *** most of his life to be as good as he can
Old 01 May 2010, 12:30 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Only took the **** n regards to his excuse, and yeah irrespective of my misunderstanding of hormones he broke the rules in my and many others eyes so he gets no pity and if you asked him he wouldn't want anyones pity.
Old 01 May 2010, 09:24 AM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

i had a friend at college who was in the england trap shooting team for the olympics and other tournaments, he had to be so careful what he could take and was so he didn't get done. this bloke took the chance and has been caught and i'm sorry if you can only be good with drugs then your not the person you think you are. might as well admit your not as good as the runners who are a second behind and are doing it properly.
Old 01 May 2010, 09:36 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

The ones you've got to feel really sorry for are the ones who use performance enhancing drugs and STILL arent at the top of their game!
Old 01 May 2010, 10:22 AM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Top athletes are constantly advised what they should and shouldn't take so i have zero sympathy for him, or for your lenient view of what he did, jef. All the other clean ones have also been busting thier asses all their lives to try to be the best. He cheated and he would have known the consequences.He doesn't deserve any sympathy - he made his bed and he can lie in it. end of.
Old 01 May 2010, 05:26 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

my general point here being, at the start of the thread, it looks like the o.p was slating a young guy today for taking P.E.D's end of. im sorry but to me, hes an athlete, he choose sports, hes trained hard, no doubt made countless sacrafices to get where he was, more than likey took time to understand the importance of nutrition,trainig ect ect.

while the rest of the country drinks, smokes, takes reccy drugs, fails to educate themselves enough to feed there children correctly, to the point where they say this generation will be the one where there children will die before parents, the obesity epidemic, childhood diabetes ect ect

to me he shouold be idolised as a person in this day and age - instead (it seemed) the o.p was ridicouling the guy.

he took banned susbtances, there are banned substances in a lot of foods/otc medicines - from hayfever medcine to certain fat burning aids. he should have been more carfeul, no doubting that.

its also the context in which the terms are used, caffine is a performance enhacing drug, there seems to be a lot of naivety here with regards to P.E.D'S in top level sports also.

i felt a bit for the guy as i know just how wide spread use really is -

but at end of the day, everyone here is right, you know the rules, you play by them