Sport General sport discussion

Cocky Khan .....

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2008, 06:50 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Cocky Khan .....

... put firmly on his backside ... he spent longer getting to the ring than he did IN IT!!

Proves that he has been fighting 'no hopers' up until now.
Old 07 September 2008, 06:54 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

yep
Old 07 September 2008, 06:56 PM
spireite
BANNED

Welcome to the Frank Warren circus featuring the UK's 2 biggest laughing stocks Amir on the canvas Khan and Audrey fights no hopers harrison .
Old 07 September 2008, 07:06 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

The hype around Khan before this weekends debacle was a master class... A young lad gets a silver medal in boxing, signs up with FW and is never out of the news... He fights 3 - 10 round fights against boxers milling about at that level for years and wins comfortably... Then gets onto Sky against a decent and only decent chap and gets a right royal pasting...

Hopefully, like Audrey, the media will leave him well alone now and we can concentrate more on our other British world class boxers like Benn, Eubanks et al... Oh hang on, they're retired arent they... Oh Poo...
Old 07 September 2008, 07:09 PM
spireite
BANNED

Originally Posted by Abdabz
The hype around Khan before this weekends debacle was a master class... A young lad gets a silver medal in boxing, signs up with FW and is never out of the news... He fights 3 - 10 round fights against boxers milling about at that level for years and wins comfortably... Then gets onto Sky against a decent and only decent chap and gets a right royal pasting...

Hopefully, like Audrey, the media will leave him well alone now and we can concentrate more on our other British world class boxers like Benn, Eubanks et al... Oh hang on, they're retired arent they... Oh Poo...

The only true fighters we have are hatton and calzaghe
Old 07 September 2008, 07:10 PM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

calzaghe
Old 07 September 2008, 07:19 PM
djliveasy
Scooby Regular

i missed it, is there anywhere i can watch now
Old 07 September 2008, 07:25 PM
scoobydavid3463
Scooby Regular

Default khan

any one hit with those shots would of hit the deck unlike khan whos trained for the fight best u lot do are slag him off u should get in a ring and see how well u do against him no contest there i think
Old 07 September 2008, 07:26 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by djliveasy
YouTube - Amir Khan KO'd by Breidis Prescott - Knockout Video

LOL. Taught a lesson.
Old 07 September 2008, 07:27 PM
AdamNI
Scooby Regular

It'll be interesting to see how he comes back, this should humble him a bit i think. Everybody needs a wake up call now and again.
Old 07 September 2008, 07:31 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

A lot of people (media type) are suggesting that he is finished and this has confirmed their suspicions that he cannot take a punch. Bit too soon for that kind of talk in my opinion.
Old 07 September 2008, 07:33 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by djliveasy

There are some little vids here, with the mighty punches that called it a day just under a minute>

https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/7...-prescott.html

Sky box office did announce the repeats for the paying ones, but they have been shown now. And, I don't think anyone would have payed to see the repeat after knowing the results. They might have done, to see Amazing Alex beaten by Cooks. Their fight was more neck to neck in compare to the Khan-Prescott one.
Old 07 September 2008, 07:35 PM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default Ha ha

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
God thats just made my day been in bed all day im on nights and the frank warren puppet that is khan has donkey wobbly legs and gets snotted in the first 60 seconds.
Another hamed my **** both arrogant fuggers in my book.
This is my own opinion and I gotta say im on top of the world at this result come on
Old 07 September 2008, 07:38 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

glad that mouthy **** got his *** beat the **** up . if he stopped bragging he might be a little less embarrased today .

goin along the same route as nasseed hamed . good fighter but cant take a punch the glass jawwed **** !

will end up running people off the road so he can get bummed in prison !
Old 07 September 2008, 07:49 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobydavid3463
any one hit with those shots would of hit the deck unlike khan whos trained for the fight best u lot do are slag him off u should get in a ring and see how well u do against him no contest there i think
LOL the lad must have shown some talent to be put on the pedestal. Only the popular ones face unbelievable criticism, especially after some shameful defeats as well. Boxing is a show-off sport. All boxers are encouraged to bear a euphoric attitude, and act like the owner of this planet LOL They have to have that mindset to get into the ring. Amir was doing nothing different. Yes, he has shown himself to be a bit too relaxed in the ring against weaker opponents in past e.g. dropping gloves, messing about a bit, bobbing up-n-down too much etc. That has surely labelled him as cheeky. But I don't think he has ever shown serious attitude problems. He has never misbehaved in the ring, he has always been respectful to the referee, to is opponents, he has never given overbearing interviews like some poser, he has never acted like some God among his fans. His profile was lifted and glamourised by his promoters, not by himself. I don't know why he is so disliked by some, like some comments on Youtube video suggest. I don't get it.

Ok, he was far too overrated by his promoters, media and the fans. He did show a lot of talent at a very young age, let's face it. He lost yesterday. So what! it's only a sport. Yes, big setback for him. Hopefully, he will live and learn. Still, he has done well as a young British boxer. he will always have that on his record, like this defeat.

Last edited by Turbohot; 07 September 2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07 September 2008, 08:27 PM
scoobydavid3463
Scooby Regular

Default khan

how can people say he has a glass chin did any one see the punch it would of knocked any body out was a peach
Old 07 September 2008, 08:33 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Peach??

He got knocked out by a PEACH??

Sounds about right
Old 07 September 2008, 08:39 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobydavid3463
how can people say he has a glass chin did any one see the punch it would of knocked any body out was a peach

LOL we are talking professional boxers here, not anyone or everyone from the colony People are ridiculing him for taking punches as birthday gifts on his chin, because as a high profile well-trained boxer, he should have been able to defend himself. That's what I think too. But some people bear very strong and apparent anti-Amir feelings. They must have their reasons that we are not aware of.
Old 07 September 2008, 08:46 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

hes a goner now anyways . frank warran has no
one left
Old 07 September 2008, 08:48 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by rickya
calzaghe
int that a pizza?
Old 07 September 2008, 09:02 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

In all fairness Prescott has some left hook on him,watch the fight and see the speed the hooks thrown at and right on the Button too.
Think it will do Kahn good,just proves he's not as good as he thinks.Plus its made my week!
Old 07 September 2008, 10:04 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
... put firmly on his backside ... he spent longer getting to the ring than he did IN IT!!

Proves that he has been fighting 'no hopers' up until now.

I wouldn't go as far to say that, he did get up too early after the 1st knock down and pride made him run straight into the fight instead of backing off to recover. He will learn from this defeat and hopefully he will not be as stupid ashe was in his last fight
Old 07 September 2008, 10:14 PM
shustir
Scooby Regular

British boxer vs Columbian boxer, the Brit loses and all these lot are over the moon.
Old 07 September 2008, 10:26 PM
Herbie.
Scooby Regular

haha

YouTube - YOU GOT KNOCKED THA FUGGG OUT!!!
Old 07 September 2008, 10:49 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well like what Rocky said,It's not about how hard you can hit,but how hard you can get hit,and still keep moving forward.
Old 07 September 2008, 10:56 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Boxing is Khan's job remember .... not being able to take a punch is the same as your Subaru Mechanic not being able to replace a Spark Plug on a Boxer Engine - it's a pig of a job but it's a simple pass/fail test!!
Old 07 September 2008, 11:08 PM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

He got too cocky for sure. Maybe he noticed the odds the bookies placed in his favour didn't help.

IIRC he was 8-1 on, whereas Prescott was 10-1 for a knock out. That's a bit of a difference.

If he comes back, I hope he'll not take someone for a mug so quickly....
Old 07 September 2008, 11:10 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

So he had a fall, whoopee bloody do. He has entertained me for months. Long may he reign, he's a damn good fighter. I like him
Old 07 September 2008, 11:11 PM
kylejennings05
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
Boxing is Khan's job remember .... not being able to take a punch is the same as your Subaru Mechanic not being able to replace a Spark Plug on a Boxer Engine - it's a pig of a job but it's a simple pass/fail test!!
100% true imho they should never go into a fight thinking they are going to win.
Old 07 September 2008, 11:34 PM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

At the end of the day, the writing was on the wall when Michael Gomez gave him a fright last time out. Gomez is a decent boxer but unlikely to ever make it to world champion, which has been talked about RE:Khan as if he just neede to turn up!

TBH, the boy Khan MAY learn from this that fast hands won't always win you the fight. I like the lad for the way he tries his best to embrace cultures (British/Muslim/Pakistani heritage) BUT he hasn't done himself any favours with some of the tricks he's pulled outside the ring (Car accidents/multiple speeding offence/Court appearances calling the police"liars") but at the end of the day, Hatton looks gone TBH (I don't think he'll beat Malignanni and Calzaghe is one fight from retirement so who else have we got to cheer on?

Quick Reply: Cocky Khan .....