pauld37
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You did
Old 30 August 2008, 05:24 PM
oli_w
Scooby Regular

yes finally! best start in 9 years which isnt bad, glad it was incy wincy's boys , makes the victory even sweeter
Old 30 August 2008, 09:46 PM
EVOVI
Scooby Regular

I wonder how much abuse the judas got today..I will not be suprised if the majority of it gets edited on MOTD.
Glad they beat them but I wont be reading much into it cause they were worse than a pub team last week.Shame we cant play Blackburn everyweek.
Old 30 August 2008, 11:00 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

blackburn didnt play that badly, west ham got lucky
bring on spurs tomoro!!!!
come on you blues!!!!!!!!!!
wiley
Old 31 August 2008, 09:48 AM
oli_w
Scooby Regular

watched motd but there was no special incy welcome
tbh we didnt play that great either altho why robby green hasnt been picked for england yet is beyond me need to play bellamy more too
wiley ur boys should walk it today, the yids aint lookin that hot
Old 01 September 2008, 09:59 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EVOVI
I wonder how much abuse the judas got today..I will not be suprised if the majority of it gets edited on MOTD.
Glad they beat them but I wont be reading much into it cause they were worse than a pub team last week.Shame we cant play Blackburn everyweek.

How many people who actually call him Judas and all of the other stuff actually saw him play for West Ham?, I mean that was nearly 18 years ago and you've got young lads c*nting him off as he walks down the touch line before the match, FFS they probably weren't even born when he was playing for the Hammers this is the idiocy of the football supporter at it's best.
Old 01 September 2008, 11:38 AM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
How many people who actually call him Judas and all of the other stuff actually saw him play for West Ham?, I mean that was nearly 18 years ago and you've got young lads c*nting him off as he walks down the touch line before the match, FFS they probably weren't even born when he was playing for the Hammers this is the idiocy of the football supporter at it's best.
Isnt it called Banter?
Old 01 September 2008, 11:55 AM
oli_w
Scooby Regular

its what a true supporter would do surely? most supporters are born n bred hammers, unlike most of the fans of the 'bigger clubs' everyone who has left on bad terms will never be welcomed back at upton park, thats fact.
i know im going to get slated but the westham support is one of, if not, THE best in the whole footy league, whenever we play all u can here is bubbles, even if we win or lose we are always loud and proud.
watching the premier league on tv there is hardly any atmosphere at games, i can only really think of liverpool and newcastle who have this same support, compare the fa cup finals, borin borin borin, but watch us and liverpool, best atmosphere ever, chanting singing jeering, thats the way it should be.

now i wait for the slaughter from u guys
ps come on u irons!!
Old 01 September 2008, 12:48 PM
Mad Hammer
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oli_w
its what a true supporter would do surely? most supporters are born n bred hammers, unlike most of the fans of the 'bigger clubs' everyone who has left on bad terms will never be welcomed back at upton park, thats fact.
i know im going to get slated but the westham support is one of, if not, THE best in the whole footy league, whenever we play all u can here is bubbles, even if we win or lose we are always loud and proud.
watching the premier league on tv there is hardly any atmosphere at games, i can only really think of liverpool and newcastle who have this same support, compare the fa cup finals, borin borin borin, but watch us and liverpool, best atmosphere ever, chanting singing jeering, thats the way it should be.

now i wait for the slaughter from u guys
ps come on u irons!!
You tell um mate
Old 01 September 2008, 12:55 PM
oli_w
Scooby Regular

Old 01 September 2008, 01:37 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I was refering to those supporters who never saw him play who think it's OK to spit some real nasty venom his way, I agree those of you that were around during his time will have feelings that wont die, nothing wrong with that, I would have felt the same after he'd signed the Utd shirt.

When he was at United he orchestrated his move to Inter so I know exactly what the guy is like, as Fergie said "Big time Charlie"

So to reiterate I can't understand why those that weren't even born when he was playing for WHam feel the need to be so vicious, they're just sheep.

Or am I missing the point and this is a part of W Ham folklore and the older supporters pass this down to the new breed and make sure they know how much he is hated ? Surely you'd spend more time telling them about the great players you have produced down the years for club and country ?
Old 01 September 2008, 02:07 PM
oli_w
Scooby Regular

i guess its the history of the club, exactly like praising the players and hating the players, and i guess a sense of pride maybe too? i dont really know.
iknow what ur saying at to a certain degree u are right but its a kind of 'family tradition passed down the years' .
i feel like some clubs are liked just because they are great, like man u, chelsea ( no disrespect to supporters or clubs ) , but with us most of the supporters are born, bred n bought up on westham.
i dont want to be saying i agree with abuse/violence , just traitors arent welcome ( fatty lampard too )