Sport General sport discussion

BERBATOV

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2008, 02:25 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BERBATOV

rumours doing the rounds he will be at carrington this afternoon.
Old 12 August 2008, 02:28 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Hope so. Would love him at United.
Old 12 August 2008, 02:33 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

club photo delayed till friday as well ive heard
Old 12 August 2008, 02:34 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

where's the info coming from? not J4cko?!
Old 12 August 2008, 03:01 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

mmm that little Henry rumour worried spurs then although i suspect not as much as it worried arsenal fans
Old 12 August 2008, 03:17 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by azz250478
mmm that little Henry rumour worried spurs then although i suspect not as much as it worried arsenal fans
It worried Utd fans

I thought this little snippet was rather amusing considering Mr Levy's stance of late
Originally Posted by The Independant
Spurs have dismissed talk of Manchester United moving for Thierry Henry and expect them to renew their interest in Berbatov.
Quite clearly if that was verbatim they really want to sell Berbatov and need the money to fund **** Shaving. Makes Levy look really silly imo, he will probably retract his complaint to the FA about Utd as they are about to sit and discuss on Weds morning.

I'd still prefer Huntelaar but nowt wrong with Berba
Old 12 August 2008, 03:26 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

yes i would prefer him as well, but looks like berba
Old 12 August 2008, 03:41 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

huntelaar for me too, though you know berba can perform in this league. get saha fit flog him at the end of the season or even jan when he's not playing much, when some teams are begging for a striker you'd maybe get 7-8 million for him. then put in a bid for around 17-19 million for huntelaar. jobs a good un. god it must be so easy being a manager ( well it is on football manager anyway )
Old 13 August 2008, 03:21 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

done deal
Fergie banks on Berbatov: United seal the deal for £25m Spurs striker| Sport | This is London
stick with my sources you will be ok
Old 13 August 2008, 03:35 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

The papers are your sources?
Old 13 August 2008, 03:54 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

No, higher
Old 13 August 2008, 04:14 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Aaah, Spurs forums Not exactly breaking news is it?
Old 13 August 2008, 04:23 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

actually if you look on them it says he was training with them this morning, so i might be left with egg on my face
Old 13 August 2008, 04:32 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Really? I heard that the so-called Spurs ITK's were saying its done and to be completed by the end of the week.
Old 13 August 2008, 06:50 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

i'm sure this deal will go through in this window so unless modric hits the ground running we've got to depend on bent for goals oh dear christ i hope the midfield is full of goals as good pre season form or not, i don't rate this guy as a consistent goal machine. (would really, really love to be proved wrong though)
Old 14 August 2008, 11:02 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Doesn't look like he'll be making that photo shoot...........
Old 14 August 2008, 11:43 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Photoshop is a wonderful thing! I just hope they remember to whiten Saha's hands
Old 15 August 2008, 10:06 AM
chris1scouser
Scooby Regular

Default DB

i think Darren Bent could surprise a few people this season.
he has shown good finishing, ariel ability and pace. he hasn't done it consistently as yet. he has never had a great run in a side though.
Ramos must have seen something in him.
Old 15 August 2008, 11:13 AM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

I see Spurs are trying their hand at the mind games, allegedly stating that they'd rather flog Berbatov to Barca for a cut-price.
Old 15 August 2008, 11:22 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

a Jew losing out on money for principles? give me a break!
Old 15 August 2008, 12:22 PM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
a Jew losing out on money for principles? give me a break!
I shouldn't...but !

Sentanta are reporting that Arshavin could be on his way to WHL, as early as this evening.

Premier League: Arshavin close to Spurs switch - Setanta Sports

Last edited by G-STAR; 15 August 2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 15 August 2008, 07:03 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by G-STAR
I see Spurs are trying their hand at the mind games, allegedly stating that they'd rather flog Berbatov to Barca for a cut-price.
Levy did the same thing 2 weeks ago, Fergie is right Levy is a little "strange", an idiot imo, Utd should tell him to F off and buy Huntelaar, as soon as the stories surfaced about Henry, Levy was poo pooing them saying it's rubbish Utd are still in for Berba, but he still insists he wants £30m + or he can go to Barca for £24m, ********

it's obvious they want to sell him so just Fookin get on with it.
Old 16 August 2008, 10:14 AM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
Levy did the same thing 2 weeks ago, Fergie is right Levy is a little "strange", an idiot imo, Utd should tell him to F off and buy Huntelaar, as soon as the stories surfaced about Henry, Levy was poo pooing them saying it's rubbish Utd are still in for Berba, but he still insists he wants £30m + or he can go to Barca for £24m, ********

Agree 100% with the Huntelaar comment.

Fergie stated yesterday, however, that the next few days will hold a surprise, but I assume he'll end up bringing someone else in alongside Berba - much like we did with Anderson last year, as we all knew we were in Portugal for Nani - rather than a complete shift in focus.

It's a shame our move for Silva didn't come off, but you'd assume that's an area he's also still looking at.

Levy is easily excited and opens his mouth before engaging his brain. All the business about Fergie being a hypocrite stemmed from a quote in The Sun attributed to, but not actually made by, Ferguson. Plus, the man certainly has no moral high ground, especially so considering the Ramos/Jol and Bostock affairs.

On the pitch, though, I'm genuinely excited to see how they do this year - they've signed some fantastic talent this summer (especially Modric), and with Arshavin and/or Pavlyuchenko possibly to come, I still think they'll have enough going forward. Much depends on whether Bent can carry on his good form and hit the ground running this year. I've always liked him, a hard worker that deserves a break to really build his confidence and push on.
Old 16 August 2008, 11:22 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

I agree, Spurs will step it up this year, I work with a few Spurs fans and they are very pleased with who they've brought in, Bentley and Modric will improve their midfield 100% imo, Bale is back from injury, Jenas has been a revelation under Ramos, and getting £2.5m for Gardner was a work of genius
Old 16 August 2008, 12:26 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

lol, ferguson does the same and gets called a genius at mind games, someone else does it and they're a ****

they don't want him to go, it's just he wants to step up to a bigger club. big difference.
Old 16 August 2008, 12:59 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by hoskib
lol, ferguson does the same and gets called a genius at mind games, someone else does it and they're a ****

they don't want him to go, it's just he wants to step up to a bigger club. big difference.
Never called him a ****, just a ******** and an idiot , he's no better than anyone else in football, so don't get sucked in by his posturing, as already mentioned, his approaches for Ramos hardly make him whiter than white, if they didn't want to sell why would they invite Barcelona to make a bid and stop United buying him, I think it's Levy who thinks he's one of the big boys.
Old 16 August 2008, 01:25 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

you're mis-understanding what i mean, levy is no different to anyone else i just don't see why ferguson is put up on podium for his antics and everyone else is accused of underhand tactics.

i'd never stand up and say levy doesn't act like a child at times though, but to be fair he's but up a hell of a lot more money for players than i thought he ever would!
Old 16 August 2008, 02:10 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by hoskib
you're mis-understanding what i mean, levy is no different to anyone else i just don't see why ferguson is put up on podium for his antics and everyone else is accused of underhand tactics.

i'd never stand up and say levy doesn't act like a child at times though, but to be fair he's but up a hell of a lot more money for players than i thought he ever would!
Apologies for misunderstanding, I know what you are saying about Fergie he does have this legend of the mind games thing about him, famously going back how he made Keegan lose the plot, but I wouldn't say he's on a podium, he has been crucified on a few occassions for his under hand work

I think with Fergie being in the job 22 years he has this whole "Don" thing going on and if you mess with him he will cut you off at the knees, a kind of do you know who I am ? respect me, and by and large the media don't like to get on the wrong side of him, purely because he's Mr Man Utd and the media will always want access to Utd, if you mess with Fergie he will make sure you don't get anywhere near him or his players, the media wouldn't want that. Not that I condone that, he should be treated the same as anyone else, irrespective of what he's done, every one should be accountable for their actions.

I see one of the rags has resported Berba has handed in a transfer request, that isn't going to get him to Utd any faster !

Last edited by Funkii Munkii; 16 August 2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 16 August 2008, 02:25 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Apologies for misunderstanding, I know what you are saying about Fergie he does have this legend of the mind games thing about him, famously going back how he made Keegan lose the plot, but I wouldn't say he's on a podium, he has been crucified on a few occassions for his under hand work

I think with Fergie being in the job 22 years he has this whole "Don" thing going on and if you mess with him he will cut you off at the knees, a kind of do you know who I am ? respect me, and by and large the media don't like to get on the wrong side of him, purely because he's Mr Man Utd and the media will always want access to Utd, if you mess with Fergie he will make sure you don't get anywhere near him or his players, the media wouldn't want that. Not that I condone that, he should be treated the same as anyone else, irrespective of what he's done, every one should be accountable for their actions.

I see one of the rags has resported Berba has handed in a transfer request, that isn't going to get him to Utd any faster !
very well put across keegan losing it was funny as ****