Sport General sport discussion

Prem Relegation Battle

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2008, 12:36 AM
Craigo86
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prem Relegation Battle

Well guys whos going down to the Championship with Derby this season? - It looks like Fulham, Reading or Birmingham - Mathematically Bolton can go down but with their goal difference compared to Fulham and Reading i just dont see it happening.

My guess is Fulham and Birmingham - Portsmouth players will want to have a good game so they get picked for the Final and at home they can be difficult to beat, i think they've only lost 3 games at home all season - Birmingham should beat Blackburn at home as Blackburn really have nothing except pride left to play for and finally Reading, Away at Derby it doesnt really get much easier for Coppells men so they should beat Derby even if its only 1 - 0 i think that will see them through..............Although i could be wrong what do you guys think?
Old 09 May 2008, 08:17 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Hopefully this smiling "none dirty" tosser will not be playing in the Premiership next season !
Old 09 May 2008, 09:44 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

As I live nr and work in Reading for the last 4 years Ive adopted them as 2nd team. Been to 3 matches this yr inc Birmingham and Bolton. Obviously I want Reading to stay up - especially so I have a chance to see them play Man Utd at home next season

Based on the way they played to a Spurs side that already on holiday last saturday I wouldnt be that confident. No passion, no urgency even in final quarter of game when only 0-1 down. You wouldnt have thought they were close to being relegated - entire team should be crowding the Spurs box looking for that equaliser. Even afterwards only Hannemann walked around and clapped the fans for last home game - then again the rest were probably embarassed after that performance.

Madjeski is in the press saying the club will spend big in the summer if they stay up - bit late for that now isnt it John?

That said you couldnt ask for a better last gasp match than playing Derby (ok Derby at home .

On a side note I found out last week that Leroy Lita lives just down the road from me. Fairly big pad and nice big black hummer on the drive with Lita on the plate. Not in the same league (no pun intended ) as the prem top dogs but still nice to know.

Simon

Last edited by P1Fanatic; 09 May 2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09 May 2008, 10:19 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Good thread Personally Ive never been a fan of Birmingham so hope they go down, expect Bolton to survive and hope they do being a NW club.

Fulham play good stuff at times but so do Reading, dont want either to go down tbh, would prefer the plastic Latics to get relegated but thats not an option anymore
Old 09 May 2008, 07:44 PM
WR 1mposter
Scooby Regular

For me I'd take great pleasure seeing B'ham go down, being a Villa fan,

I'd be sorry to see Fulham or Reading go but one will !
Old 10 May 2008, 08:14 AM
WRX #1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Craigo86
Well guys whos going down to the Championship with Derby this season? - It looks like Fulham, Reading or Birmingham - Mathematically Bolton can go down but with their goal difference compared to Fulham and Reading i just dont see it happening.

My guess is Fulham and Birmingham - Portsmouth players will want to have a good game so they get picked for the Final and at home they can be difficult to beat, i think they've only lost 3 games at home all season - Birmingham should beat Blackburn at home as Blackburn really have nothing except pride left to play for and finally Reading, Away at Derby it doesnt really get much easier for Coppells men so they should beat Derby even if its only 1 - 0 i think that will see them through..............Although i could be wrong what do you guys think?
I think i'm going to put some of my hard earned cash on this Craigy boy, Only the Portsmouth v Fulham game will be a tough one to call as Fulham have been playing well recently and the Portsmouth players will be looking not to get injured incase they miss the final Should be entertaining though.
Old 10 May 2008, 04:57 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

I'd like to see Fulham survive.
Old 11 May 2008, 09:05 AM
Craigo86
Scooby Regular

Looks like today is the big day good luck to anyone who supports the relegation boys i hope your team stays up
Old 12 May 2008, 07:23 AM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

What a relief

I enjoyed todays game even less than any other until the full time whistle