Sport General sport discussion

ARSENAL WAKE UP ???

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2008, 10:01 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ARSENAL WAKE UP ???

Watched the Arsenal V liverpool tonight, and surely arsene wenger needs to WAKE UP, to the fact that you cant let the likes of Pires/henry/berkamp/peteit/vierrea/overmars/ etc..etc... and replace them with 6 million quids worth of Ade buy your ****, type of players. The players he has bought to replace those that left are shocking. I'm a BCFC fan but i love Arsenal for the way they play .....but you cant win anything TODAY with LAZY/CLUMSEY/CRAP centre forwards and sorry GOONERS but thats what youv'e got. Your better footballers than MAN UTD, but they will always win more because your manager is too blinkered on his ATTITUDE TO BUYING PLAYERS, EBOUYE for example is a joke as is sendgross.
Old 02 April 2008, 10:09 PM
WR 1mposter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would'nt mid being in 2nd place of the prem and last 8 of the CL

sorry BCFC fan your talking
Old 02 April 2008, 10:16 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

I bet you would'nt mind being in second place, but whatever apart from idiots came out of cornwall. Jeez dude, you cornys might be happy never actually winning or BEING ANYTHING, but i bet those Gooners like my old man , whose had a season ticket since 1972 might. Before you make typicall HOLE IN THE WALL COMMENTS, that come out of that barren shi*hole you live in, Go to a home game or buy a ticket, with your dole money. Sorry Corn hole boy, but you sounding like FOREST GUMP aint ya

Last edited by webby v7 slipperwagon; 02 April 2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02 April 2008, 10:16 PM
WR 1mposter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Thank god i'm not the only one that thinks this then. I know what Arsenal are trying to do in building a young team into a team of future stars and a very consistent and stable team but its not going to work with 100% youngsters. You have to have experience in the team.
Remember Alan Hanson saying you'll never win the league with kids after Manure losing 3-1 to Villa......
Old 02 April 2008, 10:23 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WR 1mposter
Remember Alan Hanson saying you'll never win the league with kids after Manure losing 3-1 to Villa......
..................Whats actually funny Mate spend your English scroungecd cornish dole money, and turn up at a game instead of going on the net in your local cornhole chippy.
Old 02 April 2008, 10:27 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

i agree being a gooner we need experiance. eboue isnt a favourite off mine but i cant see how adebayor is ****e how mant goals has he put away for us this season? granted he needs a few atempts unlike say torres but he's far from ****.
you cant just build a youth squad as you need experiance to guide them.going on what i was saying i think it was to bravo2zero in another thread about letting vieira go at right time, i was wrong as we need his experience.

FFS we have lost twice all season and still sit in 3rd. that to me says we lose our bottle to much.

can we beat them at anfield??? i think so. its whether they think so.
Old 02 April 2008, 10:49 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaveBeck
i agree being a gooner we need experiance. eboue isnt a favourite off mine but i cant see how adebayor is ****e how mant goals has he put away for us this season? granted he needs a few atempts unlike say torres but he's far from ****.
you cant just build a youth squad as you need experiance to guide them.going on what i was saying i think it was to bravo2zero in another thread about letting vieira go at right time, i was wrong as we need his experience.

FFS we have lost twice all season and still sit in 3rd. that to me says we lose our bottle to much.

can we beat them at anfield??? i think so. its whether they think so.
First things first Davey B, and that is that your spelling is on par with mine.FANTASTIC LOL, mate i love the Arsenal and i love the footy they play and i have spent hundreds of pounds paying for tickets home and away the old man has got for me, but i'm not blinkered, they need quality pkayers or the likes of Fabby will walk. We need a proven centre forward/goal scoring mid fielder and two proper defenders.........JUST LIKE THE ARSENAL HE FIRST STARTED WITH. I go to watch Blues (Brum) when i cant get to the emirates, and thats depressing enough. Especially without some CORNISH 99 FLAKE WHIPPY, whos never ewven seen the colour of sky over the emirates let alone HIGHBURY Going on about the ****,

Last edited by webby v7 slipperwagon; 02 April 2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02 April 2008, 10:55 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Our one reliable/proven and experienced defensive midfielder has been majorly p!ssed off by Wenger this season and he will leave in the Summer. Losing Gilberto will be a big loss and I think we needed him in tonight's game and in the next two games but its too late now he wont be interested.

Gilberto should have been made captain of the team not Gallas but no surprises there that Wenger chose a Frenchman who has just walked in the door rather than a long serving loyal player like Gilberto who isn't French.
His legs have gone and Wenger knows it. His passing isn't up to the standard of the others either. As you say a bit more experience in the squad is required to form the blend. Chelsea have too much as they all want to be 1 choice picks and the teddies are out if they don't play.
Old 02 April 2008, 10:57 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

[quote=**************;7781157]Our one reliable/proven and experienced defensive midfielder has been majorly p!ssed off by Wenger this season and he will leave in the Summer. Losing Gilberto will be a big loss and I think we needed him in tonight's game and in the next two games but its too late now he wont be interested.

Gilberto should have been made captain of the team not Gallas but no surprises there that Wenger chose a Frenchman who has just walked in the door rather than a long serving loyal player like Gilberto who isn't French.[/Exactly right mate, all gallas seems to do is **** everyone off.....Henry type cast attitude. Get shot of him, make Toure captain and get three proven players in, admit this team need guidance not spitefull rantintings from a player whos about expired.
Old 02 April 2008, 11:01 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Gallas looked superb to me tonight. He's French so not going to be balanced, just face it.
Old 02 April 2008, 11:04 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

Originally Posted by webby v7 slipperwagon
First things first Davey B, and that is that your spelling is on par with mine.FANTASTIC LOL, mate i love the Arsenal and i love the footy they play and i have spent hundreds of pounds paying for tickets home and away the old man has got for me, but i'm not blinkered, they need quality pkayers or the likes of Fabby will walk. We need a proven centre forward/goal scoring mid fielder and two proper defenders.........JUST LIKE THE ARSENAL HE FIRST STARTED WITH. I go to watch Blues (Brum) when i cant get to the emirates, and thats depressing enough. Especially without some CORNISH 99 FLAKE WHIPPY, whos never ewven seen the colour of sky over the emirates let alone HIGHBURY Going on about the ****,
whats up with my seplling? a world class midfielder would be nice. torres was the signing of the season for me. like said gilberto has lost interest.
not sure if its me but i dont think gallas and toure can play together at the back. either one with senderos works.
been to a few games this season home and away and its been annoying to say the least. aston villa at home
Old 02 April 2008, 11:07 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

I know what Arsenal are trying to do in building a young team into a team of future stars and a very consistent and stable team but its not going to work with 100% youngsters. You have to have experience in the team.
agree totally Me being a LFC fan pain to say that manu have it spot on with their blend of youth and experience, next year or two the younger ones will be more experienced (rooney, ronaldo, evra - if they keep him, carrick etc) they will help the likes of nani and anderson develop more and then the next batch will come in.
On their day, I still say Arsenal play the best football, but playing pretty doesnt always win prizes
Old 02 April 2008, 11:08 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

to add, i am glad united or arsenal didnt get Torress as you give him a chance and he puts it away, just hope liverpools signings this summer can bring us closer to those above us
Old 02 April 2008, 11:11 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

i know you liverpool boys have been saying it for years, next season but i think if you get the right players in you have a chance. agger and skirtel are class. alonso and mascherano play well together. torres and gerard. you get a good winger and your away
Old 03 April 2008, 12:54 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

[quote=webby v7 slipperwagon;7780924]Your better footballers than MAN UTD, quote]

Have you been drinking?

You are joking aren't you?

i know what i'm talking about i support Oldham Althetic
Old 03 April 2008, 10:05 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

[QUOTE=The Chief;7781424]
Your better footballers than MAN UTD, quote]

Have you been drinking?

You are joking aren't you?

i know what i'm talking about i support Oldham Althetic
The man is high on the list with footballing knowledge so dont disregard his comments

Seriously though WTF are you talking about?

you cant let the likes of Pires/henry/berkamp/peteit/vierrea/overmars/ etc..etc... and replace them with 6 million quids worth of Ade buy your ****, type of players.
Henry was ready to leave, think that was pretty obvious, Pires probably had 1 more year left him in. The rest were getting old and had lost it. Adebayor is quality and Arsenal are going places, on their day they play the best football of any team in the land, on that simple sentance alone tells me whatever you have to say on the matter is complete tosh
Old 03 April 2008, 10:13 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Talking

Watched the Arsenal V liverpool tonight, and surely arsene wenger needs to WAKE UP, to the fact that you cant let the likes of Pires/henry/berkamp/peteit/vierrea/overmars/ etc..etc... and replace them with 6 million quids worth of Ade buy your ****, type of players. The players he has bought to replace those that left are shocking. I'm a BCFC fan but i love Arsenal for the way they play .....but you cant win anything TODAY with LAZY/CLUMSEY/CRAP centre forwards and sorry GOONERS but thats what youv'e got. Your better footballers than MAN UTD, but they will always win more because your manager is too blinkered on his ATTITUDE TO BUYING PLAYERS, EBOUYE for example is a joke as is sendgross.
If I've read that correctly (which, admittedly I may not have done given, the quality of the writing) that may just be the biggest load of bollox I've read in a long time

I bet there are a fair few supporters of other clubs - Newcastle immediately spring to mind - who wish their managers were as "blinkered" as Wenger
With the exceptions of Bergkamp (signed by Bruce Rioch anyway) and Overmars (still a considerable risk given his knee injury) none of the players you listed were big expensive stars when they arrived at Highbury, and none of them have amounted to much since leaving either

Much as it pains me to say it even with their current "lazy/clumsey(sic)/crap" players Arsenal still somehow had us outclassed last night for long periods It was pure luck that kept it at 1-1
Old 03 April 2008, 10:49 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
It was pure luck that kept it at 1-1
That which we call a rose; By any other name would smell as sweet
Old 03 April 2008, 11:33 PM
WR 1mposter
Scooby Regular

I bet you would'nt mind being in second place, but whatever apart from idiots came out of cornwall. Jeez dude, you cornys might be happy never actually winning or BEING ANYTHING, but i bet those Gooners like my old man , whose had a season ticket since 1972 might. Before you make typicall HOLE IN THE WALL COMMENTS, that come out of that barren shi*hole you live in, Go to a home game or buy a ticket, with your dole money. Sorry Corn hole boy, but you sounding like FOREST GUMP aint ya
If I could understand it I'd probably find it funny
Old 03 April 2008, 11:37 PM
WR 1mposter
Scooby Regular

..................Whats actually funny Mate spend your English scroungecd cornish dole money, and turn up at a game instead of going on the net in your local cornhole chippy.
Surely you mean the pasty internet cafe

By the way I was a season ticket holder travelling 4/5 hours from dole county to watch, it's amazing how far your dole cheque can go