Notices
Sport General sport discussion

Martin Jol rumours farce

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2007, 11:23 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Martin Jol rumours farce

I can't believe the rumours of the past several days and the secret meetings the Spurs board are having with other managers. We're 3 games into the new season, after the first two stuttering performaces and the backbiting from the board strated.

FFS Jol is the best manager Spurs have had for a long time, we've finished 5th for the past 2 seasons and had a long run in the UEFA cup. yet 2 poor games and a barnstormer of a win and Jol's on the verge of being pushed out. What on earth are the Spurs board on?

I doubt the Man U board are actively thinking of replacing Ferguson so soon into the season and they are lower in the table than Spurs.

Get a bloody backbone and support the manager Spurs board!
Old 21 August 2007, 12:51 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree Sours should support him or make a statement at the very least backing him.

Strangely enough I was chatting to my Spurs supporting mates just before the season started and I doubted they would be top four because I didn't think Jol could take them to that level, BUT he has a great eye for the young players and has made some great signings in his time there as well as a few dodgy ones, but show me a manger who hasn't bought the odd mutt, Spurs should be very greatful to Jol for what he has achieved in 3 years and if they think they need a new manager he must be kept on as a director of football or even manager and bring in a coach to work alongside, but clearly that would not suit Jol.

Spurs, Jol and the fans really don't need the speculation and the longer Spurs board keep quiet the worse it will get, but the way it's going I think he will leave probably of his own volition siting unreasonable working conditions.

Personally I like him and hope he stays, anyone that offers Arsene Wenger out is good in my book
Old 21 August 2007, 01:31 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I think it's more a case of what's gone on behind the scenes. Jol not responsible for buying the players, players calling the shots and fallings out with the 'director of football'
Old 21 August 2007, 01:40 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
Personally I like him and hope he stays, anyone that offers Arsene Wenger out is good in my book

My money was on Jol - he looks like he can handle himself - would snap arsole whinger in half
Old 21 August 2007, 03:21 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jasey

My money was on Jol - he looks like he can handle himself - would snap arsole whinger in half
OK who kidnapped Jasey

arsole whinger ?? you're a gooner who's gone off AW Jasey ??

I didn't know Jol wasn't responsible for buying the players, so was it Andersen in the past and now Commolli (sp?)
Old 21 August 2007, 03:24 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
OK who kidnapped Jasey

arsole whinger ?? you're a gooner who's gone off AW Jasey ??

I didn't know Jol wasn't responsible for buying the players, so was it Andersen in the past and now Commolli (sp?)
Never let footie allegiencies get in the way of an insult .

Arsene's still fine in my books - but he does whine on a bit
Old 21 August 2007, 06:42 PM
cdfracing
Scooby Regular

I know ..... what a load of B@ll@x!! Getting rid of him will be the worst mistake ever! Bringing in a new manager and just expecting them to get us into the top four just doesn't happen.. He is the best manager we have had in the last 20 years!
I reackon this will pi$$ the boys off Sunday and well end up stuffing United!
Old 21 August 2007, 07:06 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Talking

I think its a total disgrace how the board are treating Martin Jol, as previously said, either have the back bone to say your intentions or come out and put the romours to bed for good !!

I think we (The fans) showed our support for Jol on Saturday against Derby, and yeah we were very poor away at Sunderland and in my opinion a bit unlucky against Everton but we had the same bad start last season and look what we went on to ?? Jol has been our best manager by far for 20 years and its about time Levy took note !!

If he goes then I will loose all respect for Levy !!

We want Martin Jol to stay

C.O.Y.S