Notices
Sport General sport discussion

anyone going to the carling cup final tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2007, 09:45 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone going to the carling cup final tomorrow?

a mate has managed to get some free tickets so i'll be there

being a spurs supporter i guess at the best i'll be rooting for chelsea, hoping for a good game. it had better be worth it, i'm off at 7.30 to see a 3.00 kick off

heard it's a **** getting out of the millenium stadium so could be a late one back aswell

better be some bloody goals!!
Old 24 February 2007, 09:52 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

come on Arsenal
Old 24 February 2007, 10:02 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Yep, leaving Horsham in Sussex at 7am. I'm in the Chelsea end in block U16.

As for the traffic, I've been to one cup final, one league cup final and two charity shields there. Best I've managed is 4 hours back to Sussex. You don't want to know the worst!
Old 24 February 2007, 10:06 PM
DLP
Scooby Regular

cracking stadium mate,there with wolves in the play offs two seasons ago enjoy the day.
Old 24 February 2007, 10:17 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

would say look out for my car somewhere, but i don't know if i've drawn the short straw yet!

have a good day anyone who's going
Old 24 February 2007, 11:08 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON THE MIGHTY BLUES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24 February 2007, 11:48 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Been loads of times being a liverpool fan and i,ve got to say cardiff and the people who live there are bloody fantastic. The city is great and really well laid out, it handles the football traffic no probs i:e the people i ,mean not the car traffic. It still amazes me how they built such a fantastic stadium in what seems such a small area
Old 25 February 2007, 01:05 AM
pete higham
Scooby Regular

Location: Salford & SMACS,,,,,,,,, and in the smacs muppets and numpty thread

Originally Posted by moneys
Been loads of times being a liverpool fan and i,ve got to say cardiff and the people who live there are bloody fantastic. The city is great and really well laid out, it handles the football traffic no probs i:e the people i ,mean not the car traffic. It still amazes me how they built such a fantastic stadium in what seems such a small area

bang on
Old 25 February 2007, 06:56 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richie001
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON THE MIGHTY BLUES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What Richie said
Old 25 February 2007, 06:59 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LUCKO
come on Chelsea
Cheers Rich
Old 25 February 2007, 10:05 AM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
Cheers Rich
i knew he was a chelsea fan really because no one would really be a wolves fan west brom maybe but not wolves
Old 25 February 2007, 07:41 PM
DLP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richie001
i knew he was a chelsea fan really because no one would really be a wolves fan west brom maybe but not wolves
Old 25 February 2007, 08:51 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Excellent final for United fans as it will have taken a lot out of Chelski I feel but it was horrible to see Terry like that. Wish the guy all the best for a speedy and full recovery.
Old 25 February 2007, 08:59 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Excellent final for United fans as it will have taken a lot out of Chelski I feel but it was horrible to see Terry like that. Wish the guy all the best for a speedy and full recovery.
cannot believe you beat Fulham yesterday, league is all over
Old 25 February 2007, 09:07 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Excellent final for United fans as it will have taken a lot out of Chelski

In what way? Haven't Man USA got an FA Cup replay this week?
Old 25 February 2007, 09:09 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

In what way? Haven't Man USA got an FA Cup replay this week?
and liverpool at the weekend
Old 27 February 2007, 05:57 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

old news, but what a great day well until it was time to try and get home got back to milton keynes at 1.00am and back home at 2.15 would have had a good run home except some spanner broke down in the single lane of the road works! stuck in a traffic jam at 1.30 in the morning FFS!!!

anyway enough moaning thought it was a good game with a fair result. cracking stadium really impressed and i think you'd struggle to get a crap view no matter where you were.
staff, area, locals, atmosphere, the whole thing was superb, fingers crossed wembley is half as good.

good seats, had a great view of terry getting a mouthfull of boot good to see the arsenal players looking out for a fellow player in signaling the medics on when they could see he was in trouble, think the keeper was signaling before he hit the ground! also nice touch of drogba in the celebration aswell.

pi55ed myself when the arsenal corner taker got pelted by celery! he really didn't have a clue what the hell was going on!!

really enjoyed it and as i don't suppose i'll see spurs in a final therewill have to make do with that just have to try to book a chopper to get home in next time
Old 27 February 2007, 06:19 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Good read. Glad you had a good time. A bit of a **** up with the trains getting there, I heard on the radio
Old 27 February 2007, 06:34 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Good read. Glad you had a good time. A bit of a **** up with the trains getting there, I heard on the radio
yeah, there was a quite large block of seats empty for a while that i could see. we nearly went for the train option aswell, would have been a bit gutted there!

bet the train driver was popular
Old 27 February 2007, 09:19 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hoskib
got back to milton keynes at 1.00am and back home at 2.15
Christ ! What time did you leave Cardiff? We parked in Roath, (about 15 mins walk from the ground and free on Sundays too) and were back at the car about 6.15pm. From there we made our escape up City Road and headed up to Caerphilly, Pontypool, and onto Gloucester. Hardly any traffic compared to the typical M4 stop-start and was a damn sight more fun . Then the A40 to Oxford, and M40/M25 back to West Sussex. Got back home in Horsham at 10pm.

All in all a great day, and a pretty entertaining final. It certainly seems to have been all people at work wanted to talk to me about.

We'd started the day by leaving home at 7am. Past experiences have taught us to get the drive down to Cardiff out of the way as early as possible. From West Sussex we headed across country towards Guildford / Aldershot / Newbury and joined the M4 at J13. Traffic was ok, and by the time we stopped at Membury a highways agency chap was marshalling the entrance to the parking at the services.... red and blue everywhere all mixing with no hassle.

A quick pit stop and we were on route to the bridge. £5.10 to get into Wales , and the scamera crew were on their usual bridge doing anyone that broke the 50mph limit approaching the tolls. Into Cardiff on the A48 at about 9.45am, anyone with a scoob knows that its never likely to manage a near 400 mile round trip on a single tank so first visit was to the local Shell dealer.

Having got that sorted, we parked up in Roath, secured the car and walked down to the stadium. Already the city centre was awash with fans, the police and street traders. A brief wander around the stadium was followed by a much needed coffee and some brekkie. Then onto the pub to get into the spirit of things ( just orange juice for me ).

Arrived in the stadium before the teams came out. Had great seats in row 2 of the upper tier. Fantastic match which we started very poorly. Diaby looked impressive for them. Three great goals. There was nothing better than that explosion of excitement and sheer delight as I realised Drogba's header was going in. At that late stage of the game I'd been dreading extra time, but having taken the lead was sure we'd hang on. Hadn't quite expected the drama that happened in the last few minutes but it certainly cranked up the atmosphere. When it all calmed down I loved the way Jose sent out Ashley Cole to warm up, a move guaranteed to wind up the Gooners and get us singing his name!

So five visits to the Millenium stadium, three wins, but can't wait for Wembley to open!!

A couple of pics with the mobile phone.....

The Special One

Old 27 February 2007, 10:52 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 555 Markus
Christ ! What time did you leave Cardiff? We parked in Roath, (about 15 mins walk from the ground and free on Sundays too) and were back at the car about 6.15pm. From there we made our escape up City Road and headed up to Caerphilly, Pontypool, and onto Gloucester. Hardly any traffic compared to the typical M4 stop-start and was a damn sight more fun . Then the A40 to Oxford, and M40/M25 back to West Sussex. Got back home in Horsham at 10pm.
i guess we set off soon after 7, used a park and ride which worked out ok. i'll remember your route out of the place though mate, we were on the stop start route my mate zeroed his trip and we did 5.7 miles in 1hr45mins not what you wanted to hear sitting next to a sign that said 'London 157 miles'
Originally Posted by 555 Markus
i must have been about 100 yards to your right block U15, row 2. seat no.1 right on the line of schevchenkos(sp) thunderbolt onto the post!

great day with alot of good memories to look back on
Old 27 February 2007, 11:08 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

my mate zeroed his trip and we did 5.7 miles in 1hr45mins not what you wanted to hear sitting next to a sign that said 'London 157 miles'
Don't envy you that at all.

i must have been about 100 yards to your right block U15, row 2. seat no.1 right on the line of schevchenkos(sp) thunderbolt onto the post!
Blimey, we were in U16 row 2 seats 5 and 6. Good seats and a great view. I climbed to the top (row33) and its still a cracking view from there.

Glad you enjoyed the day and a Chelsea win .
Old 28 February 2007, 04:42 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Just got round to watching the highlights of the game, and I'm confused How on earth did such an innocuous challenge manage to erupt into an all out brawl
Also if Lamplard can move that quickly when he's wanting to stick his oar into something that isn't his concern, why can't he do it in an England shirt when the ball is in play

BTW Gary Lewin