ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Finish bottom of the Premiership and earn £30 Million (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/575503-finish-bottom-of-the-premiership-and-earn-30-million.html)

Funkii Munkii 19 January 2007 07:21 AM

Finish bottom of the Premiership and earn £30 Million

Well football at the highest level (in this country) continues to whore itself.

The Premier League announced they have sighned a new TV deal for £625 mill, meaning the prize money for coming bottom of the Prem will be £30 mill next season, when Sunderland finished with their handful of points last season they still probably collected £10-15 million, not exactly earned was it ! if someone does the same next season they can expect £30 million for failure :wonder:

That is ridiculous, its the Premier League flicking two fingers up to the League teams beneath them, when there is that much money in the pot some of it must be handed down the Leagues otherwise they just wont survive, the void between the Championship,1,2 and the Premiership is getting bigger and bigger and the pressure to get to the Prem and stay there could mean we will see a lot more clubs doing a Leeds. I understand that the Premiership is the FA's baby and the League is the Football Leagues, two seperate organisations, but if you allow promotion/relegation from one organisations league to another then the money should be shared out a little more fairly IMHO.

Football is just becoming a big fat whore, well it is already isn't it and the Premiership chiefs are the feeders.

STi wanna Subaru 19 January 2007 09:08 AM

It's the same ammount Chelski got last year for winning it. this is the reason every club at the bottom of the Prem now is taking a gamble with players. They HAVE to stay in this year more so than any other as the gulf next year will be the biggest it's ever been.

davegtt 22 January 2007 10:13 AM

Its rediculous. always has been, ever since the prem started in '92 its all been about money. :mad:

scoobynutta555 22 January 2007 10:35 AM

There's too much money in the game. How can you justify paying blokes 100,000 quid a week for kicking a ball about. Who I feel sorry for are the mugs earning that in 5 years going to watch them.

pete higham 22 January 2007 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555 (Post 6575149)
There's too much money in the game. How can you justify paying blokes 100,000 quid a week for kicking a ball about. Who I feel sorry for are the mugs earning that in 5 years going to watch them.

im sorry for wanting to go and watch live (good) football :(

plus id be more inclined to look at the people who buy the sports package on sky instead (there are a lot more of them) that is where the money comes from not the normal fan who sits in the stand, oh and the private box buyers :thumb:

scoobynutta555 23 January 2007 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by pete higham (Post 6576814)
im sorry for wanting to go and watch live (good) football :(

As long as you feel comfortable that you get value for money and you're happy paying the price, why should you be apologetic? I do not wish to contribute to the greed and the corruption in the game (think Cole and Allardyce), hence why I do not go to Premiership games or have SKY subscriptions.

I bet Arsenal fans were well chuffed when Cole said that his latest salary raise was taking the piss and he deserved more, just read his book to get an insight into the modern footballer.