Sport General sport discussion

the new toon manager

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2006, 11:08 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the new toon manager

well theres alot of names being thrown about but who is THE man for the job? and more to the point who wants it?!

mike
Old 06 February 2006, 07:03 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd Love it to be KK again, for entertainment on and off the pitch
Old 06 February 2006, 09:12 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Don't you mean you'd "love it, just love it" to be KK again?
Old 06 February 2006, 09:16 AM
richiewong
Twatful

Wink

I heard the Graeme Souness is available at the minute

Martin O'Neill.
Old 06 February 2006, 09:51 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

I think Big Sam has higher hope with England... so count him out.... Thats leaves Martin O'Neill and Guus Hiddink....
Old 06 February 2006, 09:52 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by messiah
Don't you mean you'd "love it, just love it" to be KK again?
And let me tell you this, points finger, if e's watching and I bet e is .........

Thats the one
Old 06 February 2006, 11:04 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

they had a load of emails on Sky Sports the other day from people (mostly Geordies I expect) suggesting a new manager.

One read "I think it should be Nigel Worthington" from Mrs D. Smith in Norwich.

well it made me laugh.
Old 06 February 2006, 11:10 AM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

Just in case he does get appointed, can I be the first to chant:

Allardyce Out!
Old 06 February 2006, 01:48 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll be the next manager, at least i could organize a pi$$ up in a brewery.
Old 06 February 2006, 02:21 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by Castrol
Just in case he does get appointed, can I be the first to chant:

Allardyce Out!
Too right!!!! Should not even be considered IMHO.
Old 06 February 2006, 06:43 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

martin o'neil would be my choise if his wife has recovered, if thats not the case, then Hiddink would be a good one seeing as he's been quite successful in germany
Old 06 February 2006, 06:45 PM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

O'Neil or Hitzfeld for me.
Old 07 February 2006, 08:23 AM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

Why's it everyone keeps harping on about Allardyce coming to NUFC? I have it on good authority (NUFC Marketing Director), that he was never offered the job before and won't be this time. FFS has much bigger fish to catch.

Cheers
Old 07 February 2006, 10:57 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by richiewong
Too right!!!! Should not even be considered IMHO.
Nor should he be considered for the England job

Hoof
Old 07 February 2006, 11:00 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

why do the toon fans think they will attract a big name manager? anybody with ambition would not go there. Non of the top players would ever choose to go to Newcastle unless they where from there.
Old 07 February 2006, 11:51 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

hopefully they can continue to under achive!
Old 07 February 2006, 11:52 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

Why's it everyone keeps harping on about Allardyce coming to NUFC? I have it on good authority (NUFC Marketing Director), that he was never offered the job before and won't be this time. FFS has much bigger fish to catch.

Cheers
He would do a very good job there. Rather him there then England boss though.
Old 07 February 2006, 03:16 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Don't be too keen on Martin O'Neill.
He'll give you 2 big guys at the back, 2 big guys at the front and spoilers in midfield. He won a good few trophies at Celtic but it was not good to watch.
Hiddink seems a good bet.
Old 08 February 2006, 02:40 AM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

He would do a very good job there.
You mean he'd do as good a job as he has at Bolton? Won nothing in 7 years and spent most of those in Div 1 and the lower reaches of the EPL. Just the kind of Manager we're looking for; one with an inferior record to both Souness and Robson.
Old 08 February 2006, 03:13 AM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

anybody with ambition would not go there
Course they wouldn't!

No one wants to manage or play for a team who get 52000 through the gate, week after week after week! Who in their right mind would want to be at a Club in the rare position of making a profit each year, have huge retail sales, 47000 Season Ticket holders (plus waiting list), and back their Managers to the tune of 10s of millions of Pounds in the Transfer Market? No one would want to have anything to do with a Club with the 2nd biggest ground in England and one of the best in the World - a ground used in Euro '96, for England WC qualifying matches and a major part of the London 2012 Olympic bid and future World Cup bids. Who wants to be at a Club with a proud history of 6 FA Cup wins, 4 League Championships and 1 Fairs Cup?

Only an idiot would wish to be in charge of a Football Club in Newcastle, a city voted the 10th best party city in the World, with the largest retail shopping complex in Europe on its doorstep, the home of the Tall Ships Race, the award winning Sage concert hall and Baltic Centre, and the finest Georgian architecture in Europe (Nikolaus Pevsner). Surrounded by beautiful scenery and countryside, with World Heritage sites all around, let's face it, Newcastle must be a real dump... Yep, no one would want the job; not a past, present or future England manager (or captain), not a dour Scot, nor dodgy Dutchman. We'd never get a manager like that.
Old 08 February 2006, 07:08 AM
vaughant
Scooby Newbie

Geting back to the football, Newcastle has been a bit of a poisoned chalice for the last few managers there, although i could never understand why they sacked Robson? He made that place an absolute fortress for visiting teams. Allardyce has to be one of the most boring managers ever, if they banned long ***** and goal kicks they`d be relegated asap!!!! Some people have mentioned Sven G E, he might be a good choice with Shearer as head coach to rally the troop`s? They could certainly attract some quality Englans team players as well.
Old 08 February 2006, 11:09 AM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

i could never understand why they sacked Robson
Where do we start???

He had a total lack of tactics, played men out of position on a regular basis, the Football produced was bland and boring, a number of players were openly laughing at him and he wasted a bank vault load of money on awful players.

Hugo Viana anyone? Or how about Carl Cort, Titus Bramble, Nicky Butt, Wayne Quinn, Cristian Bassedas, Diego Gavilan etc etc? £75,000,000 worth, few of which are still at the Club and few that were sold on for a profit or anywhere near what was paid for them.

Forget Souness's much publicised fall out with Bellamy; what about Robson falling out with him too, and Dyer, Robert, Solano, Shearer, Gavilan, Cordone, Bernard, Cort, LuaLua, Marcelino, Steve Caldwell, Hughes etc? The Media may (now) regard him as Uncle Bobby, but a lot of the players don't. Ask Kevin Keegan what he thinks of him!
Old 08 February 2006, 12:14 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Course they wouldn't!

No one wants to manage or play for a team who get 52000 through the gate, week after week after week! Who in their right mind would want to be at a Club in the rare position of making a profit each year, have huge retail sales, 47000 Season Ticket holders (plus waiting list), and back their Managers to the tune of 10s of millions of Pounds in the Transfer Market? No one would want to have anything to do with a Club with the 2nd biggest ground in England and one of the best in the World - a ground used in Euro '96, for England WC qualifying matches and a major part of the London 2012 Olympic bid and future World Cup bids. Who wants to be at a Club with a proud history of 6 FA Cup wins, 4 League Championships and 1 Fairs Cup?

Only an idiot would wish to be in charge of a Football Club in Newcastle, a city voted the 10th best party city in the World, with the largest retail shopping complex in Europe on its doorstep, the home of the Tall Ships Race, the award winning Sage concert hall and Baltic Centre, and the finest Georgian architecture in Europe (Nikolaus Pevsner). Surrounded by beautiful scenery and countryside, with World Heritage sites all around, let's face it, Newcastle must be a real dump... Yep, no one would want the job; not a past, present or future England manager (or captain), not a dour Scot, nor dodgy Dutchman. We'd never get a manager like that.
you only ever attract average player with the exception of shearer (local lad) and owen (nobody else wanted him). all the best players in this country go to London or the North West. Stop looking to get a top manager and find an average one to fit the standard of the club
Old 08 February 2006, 12:41 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
you only ever attract average player with the exception of shearer (local lad) and owen (nobody else wanted him). all the best players in this country go to London or the North West. Stop looking to get a top manager and find an average one to fit the standard of the club
I think you'll find the only reason Owen went to Newcastle was to offset the fact that Real Madrid hadn't paid for the Village Idiot

I reckon it'll be Gerard Houllier anyway, Fat Freddie has a liking for our old managers
Old 08 February 2006, 02:19 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Where do we start???

He had a total lack of tactics, played men out of position on a regular basis, the Football produced was bland and boring, a number of players were openly laughing at him and he wasted a bank vault load of money on awful players.

Hugo Viana anyone? Or how about Carl Cort, Titus Bramble, Nicky Butt, Wayne Quinn, Cristian Bassedas, Diego Gavilan etc etc? £75,000,000 worth, few of which are still at the Club and few that were sold on for a profit or anywhere near what was paid for them.

Forget Souness's much publicised fall out with Bellamy; what about Robson falling out with him too, and Dyer, Robert, Solano, Shearer, Gavilan, Cordone, Bernard, Cort, LuaLua, Marcelino, Steve Caldwell, Hughes etc? The Media may (now) regard him as Uncle Bobby, but a lot of the players don't. Ask Kevin Keegan what he thinks of him!
Toonman ?? is this the resurection??
Old 08 February 2006, 05:24 PM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

you only ever attract average player
Rather Pigeon English, but I understand what you're trying to say.

So, the following are average players??? Gosh, your team must have some real talent if you think this lot are average...

Beardsley, Waddle, Robert, Solano, Given, Woodgate, Gascoigne, Malcolm McDonald, Tony Green, Jimmy Smith, Moncur, Frank Clarke, Tudor, Les Ferdinand, Cole, Bellamy, Howey, Lee, McDermott, Kennedy, Parker, Emre, Gavin Peacock, Tomasson, Watson, Aprilla, Batty, Tommy Craig, Alan Gowling, Keith Gillespie, Ginola, Kevin Keegan, Kilcline, Stuart Pearce, Sheedy, Milburn, Stokoe, Stubbins, Hughie Gallagher, Harvey, Shackleton, White etc etc etc

On the other hand, maybe you're just stupid...
Old 08 February 2006, 05:33 PM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

a liking for our old managers
Now, you said that once before. Hmmm, 2 ex Liverpool Managers in 113 years. Wow! The Toon's almost been taken over by Reds... It's plain to see!
Old 08 February 2006, 05:59 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

pmsl @ castrol
Old 08 February 2006, 07:31 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Rather Pigeon English, but I understand what you're trying to say.

So, the following are average players??? Gosh, your team must have some real talent if you think this lot are average...

Beardsley, Waddle, Robert, Solano, Given, Woodgate, Gascoigne, Malcolm McDonald, Tony Green, Jimmy Smith, Moncur, Frank Clarke, Tudor, Les Ferdinand, Cole, Bellamy, Howey, Lee, McDermott, Kennedy, Parker, Emre, Gavin Peacock, Tomasson, Watson, Aprilla, Batty, Tommy Craig, Alan Gowling, Keith Gillespie, Ginola, Kevin Keegan, Kilcline, Stuart Pearce, Sheedy, Milburn, Stokoe, Stubbins, Hughie Gallagher, Harvey, Shackleton, White etc etc etc

On the other hand, maybe you're just stupid...
Tell me who in the past 10 years have you attracted that has been a player at the top of their game excluding the two I mentioned.
Old 08 February 2006, 08:44 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Sti wanna subaru... who do u support. Dont tell me manure

Quick Reply: the new toon manager