Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sven is off at last

doh!!!!
Old 23 January 2006, 11:23 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

About time, what a muppet. It says they have worked out a settlement package, I don't see why they can't sack him for all the things he has done to tarnish the reputation of the FA.
Old 24 January 2006, 05:53 AM
letdown
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by Richard_P
About time, what a muppet. It says they have worked out a settlement package, I don't see why they can't sack him for all the things he has done to tarnish the reputation of the FA.
I dont give two hoots what he does to the reputation of the FA ?? His record as England manager is as far as I know second to none. Results on the pitch mate.......we dont really need this in the run up to the World Cup. So come on who would be better?? His record speaks for itself.
Old 24 January 2006, 07:18 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not for or against Sven, and irrespective of what he said, I say let him do his job. Lets face it there have been many people and journalists that never wanted him in the job and have spent the last 5-6 years trying to get at him, through his ******** etc, this whole NOTW thing was borne from that, these people will be chuffed this morning, especially the guy I work with who stopped following England because they employed a Swede, retard.

Only in the UK !!, 5 months before a World Cup Finals, where we have an outside chance of winning with our best squad for 16 years so the media go looking for the kill, what were the NOTW trying to achieve?? get him the sack here an now, thus destroying our medium to good chances of winning the thing, and who would they bring in at short notice and more importantly who in their right mind would take a sip of the poison chalice at such short notice? McClown ?? god help us, good coach, **** manager. Admitedly there would be someone but it would totally f*ck up 5 years of building.

I couldnt give a toss if he was 3's up pissed out of his box with Oaten and Kennedy whilst using Pete Burns as his monkey boy love toy, as long as we made a right go of it in Germany, I pity the next England manager because it will be more of the same, the same papers trying to dig up the same bull****, maybe the England manager should be protected from the press as the Royals are just so he can get on with the job.
Old 24 January 2006, 09:17 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Get rid now. I don't get you guys who say we have a great chance with Sven in charge. His performance at both big tournaments have been terrible. England should always qualify for these events it's what the manager does when he gets there that matters. he's a failure on that count!

How many times as well does he have to prove the only loyalty he has is to the £ and himself.
Old 24 January 2006, 10:10 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

It's too late to change to a new manager now - its only 5 months away and I'm sure any new manager would like to make his own additions / omissions to the squad.

I like Ericsson but didn't agree with his habit of changing half the squad at half time, it just made it dull to watch, and I stopped watching friendlies.

As for his successor, Allardyce seems to be favourite but I get the impression he'd rather stay in club football - not too sure about him either to be honest, I'm not one of those "He's got to be English" thinking types as I think the best man for the job would be Mourinho.

Ericsson to Newcastle in the summer?
Old 24 January 2006, 11:13 AM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

His record isn't actually that good, it's simply what you would expect from a manager with the kind of talent he has available.

This article from the times expains it better than I ever could.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...811579,00.html
Old 24 January 2006, 01:47 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Allerdyce as boss, Pearce as assistant!!!

Imagine playing a crap first half then having to face them at half time!!!
Old 24 January 2006, 09:03 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Allerdyce as boss, Pearce as assistant!!!

Imagine playing a crap first half then having to face them at half time!!!
No please not fat Sam, no long *****, we'd be going backwards, that said I really cant think of anyone, what about the choosen one, he said he'd do it once, surely he'll be bored of Red roms cash soon
Old 24 January 2006, 10:45 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
No please not fat Sam, no long *****, we'd be going backwards, that said I really cant think of anyone, what about the choosen one, he said he'd do it once, surely he'll be bored of Red roms cash soon
said all along old Jose would do it just for the WC. his ego would love the chance to be a national hero and he would be in a no lose situation. Win the Prem and maybe the CL + WC in the same year... he couldn't turn it down!
Old 27 January 2006, 09:01 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

Will everyone want him out still if he bring's home the world cup?!?

ummm
Old 27 January 2006, 09:43 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GrahamG
Will everyone want him out still if he bring's home the world cup?!?

ummm
yes because it wont be because of him. We wont win it anyway. Out in the Q/F. The team is not technically good enough.
Old 27 January 2006, 10:22 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
yes because it wont be because of him. We wont win it anyway. Out in the Q/F. The team is not technically good enough.
i think they are technically good enough... jsut a case of playing as a team...
Old 27 January 2006, 10:56 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GrahamG
i think they are technically good enough... jsut a case of playing as a team...
Technically I think we are behind the Dutch, Italians, Spanish, Argies, Brazil. One thing that always happens against the top teams is that we always have less possession due to this. In Prem games etc you can get away with it because the ball comes back to you a lot quicker but at this level you have to keep and use the ball otherwise you end up chasing the game.

I agree about the team bit. We need to get that going. Shame we don't have the manager to do it.
Old 27 January 2006, 11:17 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Englands footballing ability with Sven at the helm is poor. results this results that, have you seen who he has had to compete against.. Look at our qualifying group. we only just wont he blady group and it shouldnt have been like that, our style of football is too negative, he thinks we're a bunch of Italian defenders who can sit back on a 1 nil lead. When England play to score we do score. 3 goals against the argies proved that, we can score against the best of the best if we try instead of trying to knock it around.

Sven out now as far as Im concerned, He should have gone after the Northern Ireland game, showed his tactics up for what the guy is capable of doing to us.... World Cup. Trinidad and Tobago will probably dick us.