Notices
Sport General sport discussion

I cant believe we have signed PUTNEY !

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2006, 11:42 PM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I cant believe we have signed PUTNEY !

Fulham have announced the capture of full back Wayne Bridge on loan from Chelsea for the remainder of the season.
The 25-year-old has struggled to displace Asier Del Horno and William Gallas at left back this term after battling back from serious injury.
The former Southampton defender, who cost The Blues £7 million in the summer of 2003, badly broke an ankle against Newcastle last February in a FA Cup clash.
Bridge is hoping a run in Fulham's first-team will strengthen his prospects of making Sven Goran Eriksson's World Cup squad.
The defender revealed a number of clubs were chasing his services, but snubbed the offers as he likes Chris Coleman's brand of football.
"I'm really happy to join Fulham for the remainder of the season," he told Fulham's official website.
"I think that the next few months is an incredibly important period for me to be playing regular football, as I would obviously love to be part of the manager's plans for the World Cup competition
"Fulham is a nice club with a great atmosphere, but most importantly they play good football under Chris Coleman.
"I did have other choices offered to me, but this seemed to be the best option for me at this time."
Coleman is delighted to have Bridge at his disposal and feels the player's decision to join the club speaks volumes for their growing stature.
"Wayne Bridge is a world class player and we are more than delighted to have him on board for the remainder of the season," Coleman stated. "Obviously with the World Cup around the corner Wayne is keen to play regular football and given that some big clubs were interested in signing him this window, we are delighted that he has chosen Fulham."

I am sure he wont join for good but at least thats another player we will have at the world cup
Old 20 January 2006, 12:10 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assume he will have a Relegation Clause???

Pete
Old 20 January 2006, 07:51 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Enjoy him while you can