Arrow roy keane signs for celtic

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...&TEAMHD=soccer

what a surprise
Old 15 December 2005, 07:21 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

knew he would it's an easy life innit,
only 4 real games a season playin against 2nd division players for the rest of it the "occaisional" game in europe
hardly gonna tax him is it.
best player in scotland for years was larsson he scored nearly every time he played but put him in the premiership or serie a or la liga and you'd be lucky to get 15-20
chris sutton and fat boy hartson even look good up there both couldn't cut it down here.
the place is full of 2nd rate "names"
don't think keane is gonna be just a name just yet he's still good enough to be 1 of the best players up there
Old 15 December 2005, 09:13 PM
sti-spec-a
Scooby Regular

Any time Celtic go down to England they mostly beat whatever opposition that is put before them

Roy Keane supported Celtic as a boy, the same as 99% of the Cork populus

60000 turn up every fortnight to watch a bunch of second division players

We humped Liverpool and Blackburn on the way to the UEFA cup final

Larsson now plays in La Liga and his scoring record at International level is up there with the best

The English Premiership are scared of admitting the Old Firm as the would get a god damn fright. Let us and give us a slice of the money pie and we will show the English a thing or two

First BRITISH team to lift the European Cup with 10 of the first 11 born within 10 miles of Parkhead

Any more bull**** statements you feel to share with us

Tiocfaidich ar la
Old 15 December 2005, 09:21 PM
sti-spec-a
Scooby Regular

Just to add when Larrson was at Celtic he turned down Man Utd to stay at Celtic.

The Fat Boy seems to be scoring quite a few for a Fat Boy

I am sure Petrov and Nakamura would be pleased with the tag of being a "Second rate name"

Keane rejected offers from Bolton, Everton and reputedly Real Madrid to fulfill his ambition to play for the Hoops.
Old 15 December 2005, 11:05 PM
chunky_lad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauly
knew he would it's an easy life innit,
only 4 real games a season playin against 2nd division players for the rest of it the "occaisional" game in europe
hardly gonna tax him is it.
best player in scotland for years was larsson he scored nearly every time he played but put him in the premiership or serie a or la liga and you'd be lucky to get 15-20
chris sutton and fat boy hartson even look good up there both couldn't cut it down here.
the place is full of 2nd rate "names"
don't think keane is gonna be just a name just yet he's still good enough to be 1 of the best players up there
How often do you get along to a scottish premier league game then oh great orb of wisdom...?
Old 16 December 2005, 07:13 AM
sti-spec-a
Scooby Regular

If he ever came up to Parkhead and broadcast they kind of statements then he would be hanging from the Jock Stein end of the stadium

Grant
Old 16 December 2005, 07:44 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-spec-a
Any time Celtic go down to England they mostly beat whatever opposition that is put before them

Roy Keane supported Celtic as a boy, the same as 99% of the Cork populus

60000 turn up every fortnight to watch a bunch of second division players

We humped Liverpool and Blackburn on the way to the UEFA cup final

Larsson now plays in La Liga and his scoring record at International level is up there with the best

The English Premiership are scared of admitting the Old Firm as the would get a god damn fright. Let us and give us a slice of the money pie and we will show the English a thing or two

First BRITISH team to lift the European Cup with 10 of the first 11 born within 10 miles of Parkhead

Any more bull**** statements you feel to share with us

Tiocfaidich ar la
On towards a final you lost against Porto. Lets face it blackburn were 1 hit wonders and liverpool were not exactly cream of the crop.

You neglect to add the fact that Rangers are the first scottish team to ever qualify for the final stage of the champions league (yes the proper european cup not the lightweight version).

Larsson is an exception and one of (if not the) best player to grace your leage.

I wish the charity shield was prem champs against scottish champs. That would be a good game every year and provide some decent stats.

Simon.
Old 16 December 2005, 06:41 PM
sti-spec-a
Scooby Regular

Yes we did lose in the final to Porto after Extra Time. Mourihno's tactics of diving about all over the place were spot on and got the job done. Martin O'Neil was perfectly entitled to snub his handshake after the game.

The way the English media portrayed the Blackburn and Liverpool game was that Celtic need not bother turn up for the game. Good thing we did turn up because it silenced the English Media and gave Scottish Football some credibilty

I will agree with the Charty Shield idea as that would be awesome and in the interest of fairness, well done to Rangers for getting through a hard group

Would Englands World Cup victory in 1966 be belittled in the same fashion as you are suggesting with the earlier version of the European Cup, at the time it was the CHAMPIONS that entered. Puskas, De Stefano, Best, Etc were all prevailant in this era and to suggest this era of football was lightweight is nonsense. Still got the tape of Jim Baxter playing keepie uppie against England in 1967

Personnaly i think the greatest player to grace the Scottish League was Brian Laudrup, a Rangers player, followed closely by Larsson then Jimmy Johnstone

Grant
Old 16 December 2005, 07:45 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

i stand by my statement every word of it
what have scottish teams done in the champions league?
apart from a good ish season for blackburn and a decent 1 for norwich sutton did nothing down here if he's so $hit hot why aint he playin for England?
hartson.. just exactly what did the fat boy do down here? and his international record hardly sets the world alight.and as you say he's scoring loads so proves my point.
i already said larrson was the best player to play up there for years and probably the way it is going be the best player for the next few aswell.as you say he is now OCCAISIONALLY playing in la liga scoring many goals is he?? again proving my point. granted his international record is very good. keane: fair do's he's playin for the team he supported as a boy but why leave it so late??? did he perhaps want to win major trophies whilst in his prime? and now he's past his best play for the team he supported?
i'm not belittling their past achievments but jeeeeez that was a long time ago 1 european final in all that time and not even the major 1 is hardly world beating stuff, or is it?
as p1 said blackburn were 1 season wonders and liverpool were hardly the team of the 80's were they.
60000 people turn up to watch them because as i said before THE REST OF THE LEAGUE IS CRAP!!!! also its probably the same as man utd they are seen as a glamorous club so the get people from all over supporting them. you can't tell me they'r all local. (and i'm not critisising that)
the call it the English premiership because it is open to English teams not the british premiership and if your so keen to join why are your mug f.a not joining to make a british team for the olympics. if you were that worried you'd have joined the league set up when teams like cardiff and wrexham etc did.as for scared haha the crack must be cheap up there fella. youd finish top 6 maybe about a boro or a newcastle, rangers would struggle big time and be at about an aston villa or birmingham.hearts probably a portsmouth at best.
i don't go to see premiership football i watch at a championship level and am therefor qualified to give an honest opinion that all bar celtic and rangers (and for the start of the season so far hearts) are no better than and in most cases worse than teams at this level.
as for the pearl of wisdom from chunky.. why the **** would i travel up from london to watch 2nd rate football when i got loads around here? i see enough on the telly as the pub i go to has setanta so i do see a fair bit when i can be arsed to watch it. or are games different when your in the stadium??
i obviously hit a nerve but can you honestly with a straight face say the scottih league is a good and competitive league.... honestly?? the truth often stings chap you can try and hide from it but it will catch you up eventually
and as for hangin from the jock stien end... stop it... i got more stories than i'd ever have time or the inclination to share with your good self as i'm not a keyboard warrior.
and just to finish for now, i've still got the video of gazza muggin off hendry and scoring a belter dentists chair anyone??? think it comes oooh about 30 seconds afer mccallister misses a penalty.

edit: good suggestion about the charity shield by the way would certainly make it more interestin than it often is now

Last edited by pauly; 16 December 2005 at 07:48 PM.
Old 16 December 2005, 10:28 PM
sti-spec-a
Scooby Regular

Aye the competition up here is between Rangers and Celtic, we hate them and they hate us. Been like that for 300 years and i dont see an amicable end in sight

Celtic is financed by 50000 season ticket holders every year and does not get a 8m - 12m share of the TV pie handed to them on a plate every year. Berwick Rangers are an English team plating in the Scottish League and Monaco play in the French League so why not let us get a share of the pie

Why does Sutton not play for England?.....need to ask Sven that one as i regard Sutton as a very versatile player. Forward, Defender, Defensive Midfielder and i think we have even played him at right back. You would rather have Peter Crouch than Chris Sutton, HHHMMMMM Ok

Dalgliesh nutmegged Clemence at Wembley in 1979, Gazza was about 20 years too late

Celtic Park in full voice is an experience that even a £120000 pub telly would never recreate thats the difference that watching it on telly would never recreate. Plus watching it on pub telly never gives the full picture IMHO

Keane left it so late as he was getting paid £90000 a week to play for his second favourite team and was very successfull with Man Utd. I believe that Celtic will get the best out of Keane because he genuinley will be playing for the jersey and not the wage packet as he could have picked up a better pay deal elsewhere

Larsson suffered a leg break and Rijkaard had enough faith in him to offer him another contract at Barca even though it was unknown if he would ever play again. From what i can find, Larsson record at Barca is a goal every 1.68 games, not bad when you are behind Ronaldihno in the pecking order

Grant
Old 16 December 2005, 10:50 PM
sti-spec-a
Scooby Regular

I would be happy with top six finish and after a couple of seasons with a higher pay structure attracting better quality players then top six would be the beginning of a very happy competition

I do think you are a bit of a keyboard warrior because if you had your opening statement on a placard outside Parkhead. I think you would be hanging from the Jock Stein end very sharpishly or going for a long walk of a very short pier. Hell i will even pay for the Easy Jet flight and make up the placard for you to display with pride, it would have to be Easy Jet being a tight fisted Scot

Sorry the crack is dearer up here due to you guys charging us too much

Grant
ps break up your reply as it makes your reply very hard to read and it makes me have to stop and take a breath and wonder if the state paid for your education or wether the state stopped your grammer and punctuation lessons at a very young age cause you refused to use the full stop button or create a new paragraph and the teachers eyes were watering and the complained to the education dept that you were a rebel and u would not break up you written work into some sort of legible statement that could be read by other species of pond life that might take a passing interest in what you have to say on such important matters as chewing the end of pencils and saving the canadian beaver as it is gonna be chopping down epping forest with a big bull dozer
Old 18 December 2005, 04:15 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

sorry about my long winded reply but i just couldn't be ar$ed to break it up
i know it went on for ages
the fact you now changed track from football into takin the pi$$ about my education is clearly an admission that you know i'm right as for pond life takin a passing interest can i come to your pond old boy as you seem to have read every single word.
at the easyjet gag
as for having crouch instead of sutton i'd rather have mr magoo than crouch (provided we found an English grandmother) you obviously not seen me slating him on here he is kak. we have 3 if not 4 of the best centre backs in the world at the moment one of the best midfields in the world at the moment rooney and owen. up front and in goal are the only positions we don't have bloody good cover in so sutton would struggle to get a look in as a utility player he'd have to be in as a striker and in my opinion he aint good enough. neither is crouch why the swede picks him i'll never understand

i wasn't saying anything about atmosphere at games i was saying being in the stadium doesn't make the football any better than it is watching on tv nothing about atmosphere at all obvoiusly tv can't recreate atmosphere. watchin the team i do it will be a VERY VERY long time before i get to watch in a crowd of 50 or 60 thousand 50 or 60 is nearer the mark at the moment. although i have been in crowds of 40 and 50 thousand when we travelled away to man u newcastle sunderland (yes sunderland) etc but that was a long time ago

you seem to be mis-interprating my words about larsson i've not slated him, as far as i'm concerned he's a bloody good player

most of the scotsmen i've met hate England but you want to play in our league mmm can't quite get that t.v money obviously. selling out for a pound note thats not very scottish is it.
sadly i agree with statement about no amicable end in sight, religions wont change it will still be the same in another 300years.

my opening statement was my opinion and again i stand by it. he was always going to sign for celtic why ar$e about so much?