Notices
Sport General sport discussion

So fellow utd fans whats gonna happen?

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2004, 07:24 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So fellow utd fans whats gonna happen?

I would be glad with 1 pt outta this one but honestly I think were gonna lose 2/3-0

Si.
Old 22 October 2004, 08:33 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man Utd 2 v 3 Arsenal

Pete
Old 22 October 2004, 11:05 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Riot on the pitch again

But would really like to see Man Ure win this one
Old 23 October 2004, 12:40 AM
micared
Scooby Regular

As a Toon supporter, I'd rather see Man Ure get nowt from this...means we've got more chance of finishing above them!
Old 23 October 2004, 12:33 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

So fellow utd fans whats gonna happen?

Hopefully Arsenal will tonk yer
Old 23 October 2004, 07:23 PM
AsianGunner
Scooby Regular

even tho form says that we should smash utd all of that goes out the window in this match,

i think arsenal will win but it'll be tight like 2-1

the only wa i see us losing is if we try and play the game "too" perfectly, an utd nick a goal and hold on with pure grit and determination.

plus rooney always scores against us, keane is a big loss.

final word

come on u gunners!!!!!!
Old 24 October 2004, 06:19 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, Man U 2, Arsenal 0.

Good game though

Tony
Old 24 October 2004, 06:33 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Well I didnt expect that - should have learnt by now that form means nowt for this type of match.

Still not sure on the rooney penalty - campbell brought his foot back quickly but hard to tell whether he clipped him still. Ronaldo pen claim from Cole was blatant so evens it up a bit.

We got away with some dodgy tackles at that start and Rio a lucky lad.

Must say that yet again when it comes to an agressive match Henry is just not the same for Arsenal.

All credit to arsenal players for shaking hands etc at the end - could see they were gutted but still didnt let things get outta hand (I dont think we would have done that had the roles been reversed).

Nice to see their winning run come to an end and spices the season up now.

Simon.
Old 24 October 2004, 09:07 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Shows that they are not unbeatable

Tony
Old 24 October 2004, 10:12 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Well chuffed with the result, now we got to keep it going
Old 25 October 2004, 12:45 AM
Charlie WRXSTI
Scooby Regular

I was actually there today and was in the front of the Stretford End, Was a good game and from what I saw Rooney's penalty was a little touch and go but Ronaldo's one was a dead cert definite foul as it happened about exactly where I was standing near enough I probably had a better view than the ref. I am glad that Rooney scored at the end so we can't have all the whingeing Gooners saying that we won with a dodgy penalty.

TBH I think Man U did deserve the win and we were the better side on the day. Henry did not feature hardly at in the game and Reyes should have worn some studs in his boots to stop him falling over all the time.

Yes there was some good hard tackles made by both teams but nothing like we have seen in the past, was for the best part of the game a very clean one.

Really only have one thing to say to the Gooners............

" 50 games you're having a laugh, 50 games you're having a laugh.....
Old 25 October 2004, 01:12 AM
Kane
Scooby Regular

Default deserved

MAN U deserved to win today. They played better overall and arsenal did actually start to play when the penalty went in for once. Before i think they were passing and hoping. When they did play more up front they left gaps which resulted in the 2nd goal or was that a fluke also???

And before anyone wants to call me a bad loser, its nothing to do with that, its the fact we were so clearly cheated by a referee and an England international who is supposed to be Englands football future - if Rooney is the future of English football then I want nothing to do with it anymore!
If Rooney is the future - it will be a winning future...more UK talent needed not less??? Also it does sound like a supporter that hates to loose a winning streak??? It had to happen some time - in footbal you will eventually loose, and today was that day...thanks alan smith for being unselfish and showing great team spirit.
Old 25 October 2004, 08:18 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

What's all this crap from the biased Man U fans that they deserved to win? If deserving to win, through blatant dirty tactics/cheating and 12th man Mike Riley merits the description 'deserving' summat is wrong with English footie.
Old 25 October 2004, 08:59 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Ah diddums, a 'pool supporter annoyed we won - well I never.

So what exactly did arsenal do other than get hard done by on a couple of decisions?

Ive watched that Rooney pen claim several times now and I still cant tell how much contact was made so what chance does the ref have. Judging by the way Rooney fell it looks like Campbell did catch him.

Coles challenge was a definetely penalty so we missed out there. Yes Rio was lucky with that tackle but there arent many refs who send people off for that kinda challenge that early in such a big game.

And dont make out like only man utd played hard and dirty. The game has always been hard and it just accepted. It was very wet and there were lots of late tackles.

Simon.
Old 25 October 2004, 09:14 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Ah diddums, a 'pool supporter annoyed we won - well I never.

Simon.
Not at all, as IIRC Man U have only put in 2 half decent performances this season - against Lpool and Arsenal.... but I want to know WHY they 'deserved' to win? Anyone care to explain?

A team deserves to win, when they have played good football and merited the win IMO
Old 25 October 2004, 09:32 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

there arent many refs who send people off for that kinda challenge that early in such a big game.
I think you meant to say "there arent many refs who would send a Man Utd player off for that kinda challenge that early in such a big game at Old Trafford"

Should keep it interesting for the rest of the season now - Next couple of games should be interesting for Both Utd & Arsenal.

Clueless

Last edited by jasey; 25 October 2004 at 09:35 AM.
Old 25 October 2004, 09:44 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

**** all you Arsenal fans are so funny.

You sound like Citeh

So hard done to. Campbell left his leg out in the box, its a penalty. Ashley Cole brought Ronaldo down in the box, it was a penalty but not given. Stop whining, Pires goes down for less than a dodgy hooker so you have no right to try and take the moral high ground.

Arsenal had one, ONE shot on target the entire game, you didn't deserve to win. Face it.

You couldn't beat us last season, you get a shock when a team stands up against you instead of rolling over and wanking all over onree. Mark him and he disapears, where was he yesterday?

SORE

LOSERS.
Old 25 October 2004, 09:49 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Oh, and the remarks against Rooney and never supporting him again are a typical example of why so many United fans pay no attention to England and the small minded fans

AAAARGEEENTIIIINAAAA
Old 25 October 2004, 09:58 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Listening to the radio this morning about when Wenger had a dodgy penalty playing another team, his comments at the end of the game? "ah well this happens in football" no doubt when it is on the other foot and they loose the above doesnt count?
The score at the end of the day? Man U 2, Arsenal 0, not 1 - 0 but 2 - 0.
The best team won on the day

Tony
Old 25 October 2004, 10:00 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Lol - All the gooners I know were more upset with Campbell for leaving his leg out. In modern football any contact like that will end up with a penalty.

After Riley gave the first penalty, I think he bottled the second because of exactly the type of criticism he's getting. He couldn't be seen to give Utd two penalties at Old Trafford, cause he'd be slated by the southern bias press.

49 is a fantastic achievement, but you lost yesterday. The record books will show it in years to come, so get over it.
Old 25 October 2004, 10:05 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Angry

Coles challenge was a definetely penalty so we missed out there. Yes Rio was lucky with that tackle but there arent many refs who send people off for that kinda challenge that early in such a big game.
Funny, I seem to remember Sami Hyypia getting sent off a lot earlier, and for a lot less, once upon a time Same place, same 12th man

I knew Arsenal were going to lose as soon as I saw Riley's name come up But Fergie was right, Arsenal don't have the bottle for a hard combative type of game.
Old 25 October 2004, 10:11 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Arsenal are reportedly so annoyed with being 2nd best (again) they have decided to switch sports...

Link to full story
Old 25 October 2004, 10:13 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

What about the rumours of an arsenal player throwing soup over Fergie??

Tony
Old 25 October 2004, 10:34 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by angrynorth
Arsenal are reportedly so annoyed with being 2nd best (again) they have decided to switch sports...

Link to full story
2nd best are Chelsea at the moment - with your win yesterday you became 5th best after Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Bolton .

Oh - and should Liverpool win their game in hand you'd be 6th best - probably what you deserve after the way you've played so far this season .
Old 25 October 2004, 10:38 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
2nd best are Chelsea at the moment - with your win yesterday you became 5th best after Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Bolton .

Oh - and should Liverpool win their game in hand you'd be 6th best - probably what you deserve after the way you've played so far this season .
We beat you last season, we beat you this season
Old 25 October 2004, 10:52 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by angrynorth
We beat you last season, we beat you this season
Well done - I'm sure you were happy to finish the season so strongly last time and you seem to have started this one just as well .

Hope you can qualify for the uefa cup this year - would be a shame for you not to have European Football next year .
Old 25 October 2004, 11:04 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Have you ever won the treble have you fck

In fact have you ever managed to retain a championship? Oh yes, once in 1928.

Greatest team ever my ****.
Old 25 October 2004, 11:25 AM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

"What about the rumours of an arsenal player throwing soup over Fergie??"

Apparently water from Lehmann and tomato soup from AN other unidentified Arsenal player. Classy....

Fact is United were up for it, Arsenal went missing:

Arsenal - one shot on target versus five from Utd.
Arsenal 4 attempts versus 11 from Utd.

Arsenal are good at rolling over lesser teams - something United don't seem able to do anymore, but fire a lot of blanks against the better organised teams. Henry is a brilliant player in a dominant team, but does go missing when the game isn't going their way cf recent poor French games and CL games.

Ref was poor both ways, but especially over Rio, who i thought was a lucky boy, but these things do balance out over a season e.g. Pires's even more blatant dive at Pompey, "sharp elbows" Bergkamp, etc...

I was gratified, however, to see that Wenger's eyesight is getting better though - for the first time in history he was able to see the penalty incident " from where he was sitting..."

Still think that Arsenal will win the league, and that United's time has passed for now - it happens to all teams (see Liverpool), you just need to look at how rarely Giggs can supply the finished products these days for a symbol of their declining potency.

Typically sad liverpool fan reaction above BTW

Quick Reply: So fellow utd fans whats gonna happen?