Notices
Sport General sport discussion

SCUBA

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2004, 01:28 AM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCUBA

Have just started BSAC Ocean Diver course, and will need either a wetsuit or a drysuit for open water dives soon, but I don't really know which is the best option...
I think that most dives I'm gonna do will be inland venues such as quarries (eg Capernwray) though there will be some off coastal areas in this country, and possibly abroad. Will I be best hiring one of each out to see which I prefer?
Old 16 March 2004, 08:05 AM
gavnnik
Scooby Regular

If your planning on diving in this country you will definately want a dry suit (or at least semi dry). It's a few years since I dived but I used a membrane dry suit and thermals.

Quarries tend to be very cold even in the summer as it's only the top layer of water than gets warmed by the sun and the sea never seems to warm up!

If you are in the NW (as you said you will be diving at Capernwray) then you might want to check put Dee Sports in Chester (01244-314204). They used to sell a lot of good quality, second hand stuff.

They are also a PADI dive school.
Old 16 March 2004, 10:01 AM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

If you are gonna dive in this country get a dry suit. Also, don't get a cheap membrane one. It will rip
Try a few on & see how comfortable you feel in them. I have a DUI which is the mutts nuts but they are pricey. O'three are really good as well.

Daz