Oh it's all gone quiet over there !
It's all gone quiet
It's all gone quiet
It's all gone quiet over there....

Old 14 March 2004, 06:39 PM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4-1 by city is an absolute disgrace, if I was a ticket holder I'd want my money back!

Old cirly lips is banned so can't play, dead money there. Few of the squad are getting on a bit now, giggs, scholes etc, all be it they can still play. Selling beckham ( )was the worst decission firgy did, and the nonsence over the shares cant of helped things..

SO were out of europe, we will get beat in the FA cup and theres not a chance of the premier now..

absolutely shocking....
Old 14 March 2004, 07:38 PM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)

I wouldn't say selling Becks was the worst descision of Fergies. the turning point of our season came when Rio got his ban, in all the games we have played since he began his suspension (11 or 12, can't quite remember) we have kept only 1 clean sheet, and that's not, IMHO, Howard's fault. We have also had bad luck with injuries too, tho that isn't really an excuse as we have a large enough squad. The players just need to realise that the season's not over yet, and they have to get their confidence back if we are to win the FA Cup, and go on an unbeaten run in the Prem to put pressure on the Ar$e in the hope that they slip up.
Old 14 March 2004, 08:04 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man Utd - the dying embers of a once mediocre club ..... we see from the ashes a pheonix risng in the form of Middlesbro FC!!

Don't you just wish you had the Carling Cup now?? Ha Ha Ha!! well, WE have it - a silver and shiny!!

Oh, bliss!! AND Newcastle got shafted too!! am I in heaven?? seems so!!

Pete
Old 14 March 2004, 09:44 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

To all CITEH fans, just remember we have beaten you twice this season.

But it was a Massive result for you eh? Like winning the league I bet.
Old 14 March 2004, 09:48 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Oh Chaos.

Selling Beckham was one of the bravest decisions SAF made this year. He got rid of a player who wanted out, managed to take full whack for him too instead of half his value at the end of the season.

Nobody was saying we missed the long haired ponce earlier this year when we were 4 points ahead, in our best start to a season ever.

His replacement Olé gets injured, we lose Rio and we go on a bad run of form.

If we missed anyone it was Olé and now Rio.
Old 14 March 2004, 10:34 PM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

When Beckham left, the life of the team was lost, you can see their is no hunger to win anymore and OK, granted, he wanted to go, but he was bullied by fergie!

In my oppinion, fergie should admit he lost to city ( ) and call it a day, he should have quit after the porto match, not crazy at all, hes too fkukin interested in his horses, 'rocking je "fuking" bralta', eh??! Thats where his preferences lie!

Solschar, butt, giggs and keane should go, chuck them out and rebuild the team with younger players, forlan should never have been bought he's done nothing! The older players just cant cut the mustard in the high part of the leagues anymore, you used to be able to see the hungar in giggs face, it's not any more ( ). Any player over 30 should get the chop, the younger guys should stay and we need to build the deffence up, it's p!ss poor!

United will win fvk all this season, period, changes need to take place for them to move on!!

Last edited by chaos.; 14 March 2004 at 10:43 PM.
Old 14 March 2004, 11:44 PM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)

I'm gonna have to disagre with some of your points chaos. Solskjaer should not be sold, it's just unlucky that he's been injured. He is capable of playing in a number of positions, in midfield and up front. As for Butt, I'm glad he didn't go during the transfer window. Keane is getting older, and possibly only has next season left at the top, and Butt will be the ideal replacement, with Fletcher too, once he gets more experience. There are players at United now who are there for the future (Bellion, Ronaldo, Fletch, Richardson et al.), but in order for them to get the experience they need at top level football, they need to be playing alongside the more experienced players such as Giggs, Keane, Scholes et al. Giggs still has time in him too. Ok we may not win anything this season, but the important thing is to build on this season's experiences and to come back a better and stronger team.
There are a number of things that have contributed to our form this season, but selling Becks isn't one of them.
Old 15 March 2004, 09:04 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Get some perspective. United have 4 more points than the same stage last year. It just so happens that Arsenal (all credit to them) have raised the bar this year.
Old 15 March 2004, 10:01 AM
Charlie WRXSTI
Scooby Regular

I have to agree with Chaos (through gritted teeth) about his views on Beckham, I don't necessarily believe he wanted to go mores the point SAF didn't want him there anymore.

The team have lost their passion and with it the Premiership, the FA Cup and the Champions League.

All that is left now is heads up and look to the forthcoming season, work hard and find your pride and passion.
Old 15 March 2004, 10:20 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You cant win everything all of the time can you so we are on a breather this season (but we still need to beat arsenal in the league and fa cup!)

Tony
Old 15 March 2004, 10:56 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Beckham was never the heart and soul of United. If you want to look for United passion, Roy Keane is your man. Then you have Scholes, again more heart than Beckham, Ronaldo is on his way to becoming a true red too.

The problem is not a lack of passion, its the confidence thats gone in the team. Like MattW says United are in a better position points wise this season than they were last season. The recent bad run of form was bound to come in the season, there is one in every season. This is affecting confidence, but it will pick up.

I think some "fans" need to put things into perspective, stop calling for heads and get behind the team.
Old 15 March 2004, 11:11 AM
Charlie WRXSTI
Scooby Regular

Not calling for heads and I am completely behind the team but when watching such appalling defending as I did yesterday its a little hard not to become disheartened, especially when you know how good we really are.

Scholes's goal was brilliant, but we miss Keane and his undying passion.

Ronaldo had an outstanding game and he is really looking a very promising player for next season.
Old 15 March 2004, 11:47 AM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

I don't think we are missing becks that much, OK there aren't the free kicks and crosses, but IMHO, some of our best performances last season came when BEcks wasn't playing...
Old 16 March 2004, 08:53 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

"but we still need to beat arsenal in the league and fa cup!"

Dream on The way your guys are getting behind the shirt just now you'd struggle to beat Spurs never mind Arsenal ! Still I expect Roy Keane will be back to kick the $hit out of the Arsenal team so you'll all have something to cheer about !

Don't get me wrong - I aint writing off Man Utd yet - but you lot seem to be - which is a bit sad really !
Old 16 March 2004, 01:17 PM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

It's not that we've had a cr@p season, tho some performances have been a bit iffy, it's because Arsenal have been having such a good one. They haven't slipped up yet, but the season isn't over yet...
Old 16 March 2004, 01:23 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

You're also behind Chelski - and they haven't had that great a season - You're losing too many games that you shouldn't - Ruud is you weak link and SAF knows it - He'll be sold next !
Old 16 March 2004, 02:17 PM
Charlie WRXSTI
Scooby Regular

Ruud is you weak link
Hardly a weak link when he has scored 104 goals from 138 appearences.

I believe our problems and defensive, judging by the absolute howler from Silvestre on Sunday. How can Tim Howard have any faith in the defence when they are playing like that.
Old 16 March 2004, 02:27 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Same as every other season IMO, couple of bad results and its the end of the world. The empire is crumbing and all that twoddle. All the papers get a little excited and people start judging the season before its over.

All we have to do now is wait for Arsenal to bottle it again
Old 16 March 2004, 03:15 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Can't see Arsenal bottling it again - but it certainly aint over yet.

The problem for Utd isn't the results - it's the performances !

I'm not doubting that Ruud is your current highest scoring player - but I suspect so was Andy Cole or Dwight Yorke at some point and they were and are complete $hite - Ruud misses too many easy chances - simple as that !

Utd have always relied on scoring more than they concede - and until recently they have been pretty good at doing that - but the supply from midfield has dried up and Ruud missing is becoming more of a problem !

Saha might make a difference :P

Remove Becks (and not replacing him) is the cause of your current problems !
Old 16 March 2004, 03:27 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

But its not. It has nothing to do with Beckham as I've said before half way through this season we were top of the league scoring plenty of goals with not a worry.

Then Rio gets suspended and we start leaking some goals. Olé gets injured and we stop supplying Ruud correctly. Djemba Djemba disappears off to African Nations and comes back injured, plays one game and then breaks his rib. We have had lots of injury problems this year that have added to the past performances.

If you look who's been in and out in the past couple of weeks then it tells the whole story.

Rio
G Neville
Saha
Olé
Fortune
Keane
Djemba Djemba
Brown was injured up until a couple of weeks ago
And the fact we have had no proper number 2 hasn't helped

Having these players missing has made the impact, not the dim one and his gawky bird.