I'll say no more, but 0,2

I wish I was there!

Thanks

Sonu
Old 06 February 2003, 08:35 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And Heskey showed why he should never be picked for england again - Even Andy Cole would have scored from that position (or at least passed to Owen to miss it )

Liverpool look to be back to being thorns in the sides of the top 6 sides (as in having the ability to beat anyone if they can be arsed and also get beat by anyone if they cant )

Time for a change of manager I'm afraid !!!!
Old 06 February 2003, 08:59 AM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

top job, well done palace
Old 06 February 2003, 10:23 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Thumbs up

I was there

Didn't get back till 2.45 but it was worth it

How the first half was 0-0 I'll never know, they should have wrapped the game up well before the Heskey miss...

Justin
Old 06 February 2003, 10:25 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Ooops - got into <everything in Sports should be related to Liverpool or Man Utd mode>

Well done Palace - bit lucky with the second goal but the first was a cracker and the right team won
Old 06 February 2003, 10:48 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Well done to the lads. I was sitting in a bar with no TV in Paderborn, Germany and only found out the final score when a mate texted me.

EEEEEAAAAGGGGLLLLEEEESSSSS. Bring on Leeds !
Old 06 February 2003, 12:31 PM
will19702001
Scooby Regular

where have all the scouse fans gone? lol
Old 06 February 2003, 01:07 PM
seejay555
Scooby Regular

As a neutral () I'm delighted that Palace won!!!
The only thing that Liverpool's "strike force" seem to be able to hit at the moment is a barn door and that has to be pretty f***ing big.
A crowd of just over 35k, most of whom left before the final whistle.
Liverpool long ball tactics deployed to little effect after a first half in which they should have put the game beyond Palace.
Long may it continue.
Old 06 February 2003, 01:14 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Talking

Seejay, you sound like a neutral don't you.

Managers error last night cost us the game. Baros is the man, time and time again we've seen what this lad can do.

Good luck to the Eagles, you deserved the luck last night.

oh well, just have to win the Worthless cup instead.
Old 06 February 2003, 01:18 PM
seejay555
Scooby Regular

Damn, I thought I'd disguised it so well
Just waitin for Hool-a hoop to say he can now concentrate on fighting for a UEFA cup spot
Old 06 February 2003, 05:53 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Ash you've *****, hats off to ya

At least you came on here whilst all those other sorry Pool fans have run for the hills, its a lot quieter without em
Old 06 February 2003, 07:44 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

I am not a sorry Pool fan - just a fecking annoyed one. Reckon Houllier has taken The Reds as far as he can - time for a change methinks. Owen needs a good kick up the *** [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06 February 2003, 08:36 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Good to see u popping up Lynne

Listening to 5 live last night the majority of the Pool fans think the same, he has gone as far as he can, Houllier looks a haunted man these days and I do sympathise with him, believe it or not, there is a lot of expensive talent just not doing it for him.

Dave
Old 06 February 2003, 09:22 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure myself, ok we lost and on paper it looks bad, but Owen surely has lost form, one bad decision (Owen out for Baros) does not make everything wrong. He should be the one in the reserves regaining his confidence. Baros can be everything that Owen was and a lot more.

I guess the big problem now is that we end up "trimming" the squad when the real problem could be pure management motivation ? Tough one. The LFC board is not like others, they don't tend to sack managers (unlike other clubs). I think they will give him one more season and if GH cannot improve then he will feel the pressure to resign and will go. But we could be looking at season 2005 before we are true title challengers.
Old 06 February 2003, 10:14 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Question

Do you think it would be easier for them to let Houllier go because he wasnt one of the original boot room boys??
As an outsider looking in I feel Thommo may be the problem, he just comes across as a bit of a disruptive influence even more so since Houlliers heart problems (had a taste of the big job and wants it back) I just havent heard him backing Houllier and they look miles apart on the bench but as I say its just MHO and im probably right off the mark.
Old 06 February 2003, 11:27 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Its been kind of a weird season so far, painful for us to slide down the league, but when the result was unfolding last night I didn't seem to care that much. Almost like I have already written the season off and anything else that may come out of this season is to be seen as a positive. You could say my glass is half full.

As for GH/Thommo, no I think you are off the mark, nothing wrong to have contrasting styles and although Thommo did well last year, his lack of management experience and practice may also lead to poor team form.

All I can see wrong is this constant tinkering of the side, GH quite rightly replaced Dudek for Kirkland when Dudek had a patch, he should apply the same rules to players like Owen. Owen is a world class player - but not at the moment, and the more he suffers the more he will lose confidence in himself. GH should give that boy Baros the lead role up front, he was left out after one average game against the Geordies (Owen has had a bad 3 months in comparison).

Also GH knows certain players like Cheyrou need more time, but insists on playing them in the first team - don't know if thats the right approach when other teams are up for it.
Old 10 February 2003, 07:49 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

I enjoyed that nearly as much as the 4-3 all those years ago (we'll forget the 9-0 ahem... )

If the truth be said, Liverpool murdered us in the first half. Some of the best football I think Liverpool have played all season. We could have been 5-0 down if Liverpool had managed to hit the target. I guess sometimes, it ain't your day....

Chris (25 years a long suffering Palace fan)