Leeds in free fall??

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2003, 12:35 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Question

Leeds fans

This is not a snipe but just my observations and I wondered what the real supporters felt about the huge turn aroud in fortunes over the space of 6 months, is it all media BS??

Do they seem to be in freefall right now??

All the best players are gone or going or they are trying to sell them and they couldnt compete for Upson's signature due to financial restrictions, it seems to me they are trying to settle their debts very quickly by selling, obviously this makes financial sense but at what cost to the team ??, as the weeks have passed you just notice how all these quality players are leaving and the club seem happy to sort out their finances and if it means leaving a depleted team that can stay in the Prem but cant really challenge for top honours they would be happy.

Is it bad?? you just seem to get the impression they are really skint and are having to sell everybody to raise money and get the out goings down, even Terry looked bewildered by it all on Sky yesterday talking about.

Is there any blame or is it just the climate football is in right now, did Ridsdale and O'Leary just get carried away at the bank??

I cant believe the speculation about Woodgate, only 4 months ago Ridsdale was saying Ferdinand was always only ever a temporary solution for Woodgate whilst he was going through the court case, now he's potentially being sold!?!?

Your thoughts??

Dave
Old 25 January 2003, 04:21 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We're fooked.

DOL got carried away and paid way over the odds for players like Fowler(£11m), who's always injured, Seth Johnson(£7m) who's worth about 10p and Keane (£12m) who we should have kept but sold at a £5m loss!

We could have sold Bowyer for £12m last year but he went for £300k and we turned down an offer of £15m from Juventus for Dacourt who looks like he'll be joining Lazio for £3m!

I'm no business man but I can see a pattern forming there!

We've still got some very good players and our league position doesn't do justice to the team, but that's got to be down to TV.

We need to get rid of the lazy b@stard players that are on £40k+ per week.

This is a non-season as far as I'm concerned. I'm just pleased I live too far away to go to the home games any more as wasting £30-40 every other week to watch us turned over by far worse teams would be galling!
Old 26 January 2003, 08:09 PM
badgerbell
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

looking forward to the week ahead........NOT

how many to go in the last week of the Transfer window

And will it include the manager

Old 27 January 2003, 12:37 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

Woodgate should slap a transfer request in. Word's out he wants to leave and would rather play Champions League football with NUFC next Season, than travel to the likes of Rotherham and Millwall in the Nationwide.

Leeds need to get a grip, or that's where they'll end up. How the not so mightly have fallen...