Notices
Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

NITO, RussP, PI Media.....Any details of the Canterbury Meet?

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2001, 01:22 PM
SeanG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hi Guys,

Did you sort any details for the East Kent meet when you met up on Sunday?

Nito, my missus (Karen) waved at you on Sunday morning as she was running through Ramsgate (She is training for the London marathon), did you see an out-of-breath woman waving at your car?

Cheers

Sean
Old 10 April 2001, 04:20 PM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi Sean,

I'm afraid I didn't...probably too busy looking to pass the 15mph sunday driver in front of me all the way out of Ramsgate!!

We did discuss some ideas and I think we'll each try out some different pubs to come up with a suitable venue. I've seen one that looks good just off the thanet way...can't rememeber the name now but Keely (Russells g/f) knows which one!

In the meantime if you've got any ideas for a suitable pub which is relatively easy to find then let us know. I'll be away for the next couple of weeks until the 25th which may be a bit short notice for the details so if you guys want to go ahead and arrange something go for it! -Sunday 29th seems a good date though, so it's just a venue and a time that need sorting out.

We thought about the Captain Digby (picturesque with big car park) or the Fareness but they're all pretty busy on a Sunday, although I could have a word with the manager of the Digby to see what we could arrange. It could be difficult to find but we could meet up elsewhere first like with the surrey meet (perhaps the car park at St.Nicholas roundabout near hedge end where the ambulance sits!) and then convoy there through Margate- would be pretty cool, very easy to find (at the end of the A299) and from memory it's a large and secluded car park!

Nito

Would it be worth gauging an idea of numbers!

Russell P
Sean G
Me
Greg M
Clive S
Tony M
Andy O
Richard S
+ 3 others

have already said they're up for it, plus hopefully a load of the Surrey/Essex/Maidstone lads?..!!
Old 10 April 2001, 04:45 PM
p1 media
Scooby Regular

Nito/Sean

If you want I'll handle the organising, if anyone wants to send me details of a suitable venue then i'll get cracking on it, Canterbury was the first suggestion, so anyone no of a easy to find pub in or just outside of Canterbury mail or ring.

April 29th Sunday, was the day we are all taking about holding this event on.

Old 10 April 2001, 05:31 PM
R1NTR
Scooby Newbie

Cool

Hey Hey Nito....

Whatever/Whenever Pasta, I'm good to go. If anyone needs a hand in any way, count me in.

Will try ringing you before you venture forth on your travels into the carbon fibre horizon, if not give 'us a call.

If still nothing, then good journey.
Be cool,
Hayden.
Old 12 April 2001, 10:19 PM
RussP
Scooby Regular

Hi Y'all

I'll get Keels on to it! How about the Roman Galley? Used to be a s**t hole - believe its been done up but no idea what its like now. Anyone knwo anything? It's got a decent car park and you can just squeeze 160mph on the straight down towards Birchington!

Someone mentioned a boozer out towards Chilham on Sunday btu i'll be bu99ered if i can remember what its called (Doh!)

Nito, met a young lady from Cliftonville today with a McRae Limited Edition (hubby has a Cossie too - cool family!) so we'll invite her along too.

Finding the things everywhere all of a sudden!

Russ

Old 12 April 2001, 10:38 PM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi Russ,

Roman Galley still looks like a **** hole, I checked it out the other day. But that share and coultre or whatever it's called that keely knows looks like it may be worth a visit.

Greg/Hayden/Russ/Sean
If you guys could organise this in my abscence it would be great. You've all got eachothers e-mail addreses. I'll be back on the 25th and I may or may not be able to check mail over the next 12 days or so.

The Punch in Canterbury would be happy to take us and has a decent enough car park + easy access, so it could always be used to fall back on in the event we can't find something a little less run of the mill and a little more homely.

I'll leave it to you guys! I've got my mobile in case you guys want to give me a ring, you should all have my number!

Regards
Nito
Old 19 April 2001, 12:43 AM
p1 media
Scooby Regular

Hi Sean

My suggestion is thus:

We all meet up at the Little Chefette on the A2 heading towards Canterbury/Dover, that way people can get a drink, use the toilet etc, there is a petrol station for refuelling and for those that didnt bother to wash their car on the saturday, there is also a car wash

Then we blast it down the A2 in mass convoy to say the Brewers fayre on top of Jubilee way, BIG car park and if you wanna bring the kids a place to chuck them

Alternatively, I can ask the local pub in the village ( Lydden and some great windy roads on an alternative route other than the A2) if they could do us all a sunday roast at say 3pmish, but would need to know numbers of those turning up !

So?? what do you think ?

Or we convoy it to Canterbury and find somewhere there, ie, park in Barretts show room car park and walk 200 yds to the JD Weatherspoon down the road ??

Greg

call me if anyone wants to discuss 01304 824674
Old 19 April 2001, 09:57 AM
SeanG
Scooby Regular

Question

Guys,

I've been thinking about venues and have come up with a few more suggestions.

1. The Brewer's Fayre pub at the top of Jubilee Way (Dover) on the big roundabout next to the Duke of York School - I think the pub is also called the Duke of York.

2. The Long Reach, which is another Brewer's Fayre on the old Thanet Way by the Blean/Whitstable roundabout.

3. The Frog and Orange at Shatterling, between Sandwich and Wingham.

4. Either of the Little Chefs on the A299 at Yorkletts or the A2 at Harbledown.

Comments?

Sean

Old 19 April 2001, 02:13 PM
SeanG
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Greg,

I think the A2 Little Chef/blast to Jubilee Way is a good plan. Easy to find meeting place with big car parks. Also allows the Thanet boys a good blast up the Thanet Way to Faversham to get to the Little Death.

Sean
Old 19 April 2001, 04:45 PM
p1 media
Scooby Regular

Sean

lets spread the word then ! got to have as many people turning up to make this a regular monthly thang!

Greg