Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

Large Wiltshire Jap Meet

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2005, 08:06 AM
iS_nEaR
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Large Wiltshire Jap Meet

Hi all im a good friend of Drexel and Scooby Dazza and am involved in the jap car scene across several different forums etc including being the UJCC area rep for wiltshire. Wanted to make you guys aware that im trying to organise a regular Jap car event in the Wiltshire area seeming as we have great roads and nice scenery i fell its shame to let it go to waste!!! Have advertised this event across many owners clubs forums and waiting to see what interest it takes, here is the post that is every where else

Ok gonna try and get something started in the Wilts area as im now friendly with a large amount of high performance jap car owners within the area

The plan is for 31st July Sunday at 2pm Weather permitting:

The first meeting point will Curry's Car park in Trowbridge at 1.30 pm then on from there to Texaco Services in Warminster, will get exact road details later.

From this point it is my intention to go on a very long windy beautiful scenic route via Warminster ring roads across the Salisbury plains to Stonehenge for Photo shoot etc then on from there to Sheerwater Lake for another beautiful scenic photoshoot and possible BBQ should some want to bring the kit required etc or could all use the pub about 1 mile away that has large car park and good food and drink etc

Would really appreciate it if any of you guys from Swindon or Bristol area could make it as im sure you would love the roads as they are always clear and fun to drive on this neck of the woods

Southampton crew and surrounding region might be interested in coming also as im sure it would be a change of scenery and definately a nice drive up to here, may be a bit of a journey for you devon guys but the A303 would get you straight to where it will all be happening basically so leave it up to you guys. This post will be going on several other owners forums so expect all sorts of cars like Supras and Rex's and Honda's to attend. I can arange other meeting points and adjust final meeting point if enough interest is shown from various areas, would be good to get this something similar the Exeter, Reading and Pease Pottage meets
Hopefully again depending on interest may be able to get some mag coverage from Banzai or Jtuner
Meeting points may change due to amount of interest shown will keep you posted

so get your names down whos interested please

iS_nEaR : R33 Skyline

Last edited by iS_nEaR; 06 July 2005 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06 July 2005, 10:16 AM
rallyfan1977
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by iS_nEaR
Hi all im a good friend of Drexel and Scooby Dazza and am involved in the jap car scene across several different forums etc including being the UJCC area rep for wiltshire. Wanted to make you guys aware that im trying to organise a regular Jap car event in the Wiltshire area seeming as we have great roads and nice scenery i fell its shame to let it go to waste!!! Have advertised this event across many owners clubs forums and waiting to see what interest it takes, here is the post that is every where else

Ok gonna try and get something started in the Wilts area as im now friendly with a large amount of high performance jap car owners within the area

The plan is for 31st July Sunday at 2pm Weather permitting:

The first meeting point will Curry's Car park in Trowbridge at 1.30 pm then on from there to Texaco Services in Warminster, will get exact road details later.

From this point it is my intention to go on a very long windy beautiful scenic route via Warminster ring roads across the Salisbury plains to Stonehenge for Photo shoot etc then on from there to Sheerwater Lake for another beautiful scenic photoshoot and possible BBQ should some want to bring the kit required etc or could all use the pub about 1 mile away that has large car park and good food and drink etc

Would really appreciate it if any of you guys from Swindon or Bristol area could make it as im sure you would love the roads as they are always clear and fun to drive on this neck of the woods

Southampton crew and surrounding region might be interested in coming also as im sure it would be a change of scenery and definately a nice drive up to here, may be a bit of a journey for you devon guys but the A303 would get you straight to where it will all be happening basically so leave it up to you guys. This post will be going on several other owners forums so expect all sorts of cars like Supras and Rex's and Honda's to attend. I can arange other meeting points and adjust final meeting point if enough interest is shown from various areas, would be good to get this something similar the Exeter, Reading and Pease Pottage meets
Hopefully again depending on interest may be able to get some mag coverage from Banzai or Jtuner

so get your names down whos interested please

iS_nEaR : R33 Skyline
Would definately be up for doing this, unfortunately am rallying in Wales that day, so will have to catch you on the next one
Old 06 July 2005, 04:35 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

Sounds cool....But have organised a RR in Plymouth that day.
Old 06 July 2005, 06:42 PM
iS_nEaR
Scooby Newbie

no probs guys surely there must be more than 2 in the Wiltshire area in here?!!
Old 09 July 2005, 10:04 AM
Rae
Scooby Regular

post this on sidc ,i know ed and a few others are on a rolling road day ,but there are a few more around trowbridge ,chippenham areas , but prob dont come on here ,also have you tried the guys from sw-pc ,and scoobyzone
Old 09 July 2005, 10:12 AM
Scooby-Minx
Scooby Regular

We're from Swindon but we'll be in Bournemouth that day coming home so you never know we may put our names down. Cash flow to be sorted first!
Old 10 July 2005, 08:30 AM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

What time would the rendezvous be at Stonehenge?
Old 10 July 2005, 07:32 PM
iS_nEaR
Scooby Newbie

final times to be sorted still, but probably around 3pm time does anyone have the links to the other scooby sites mentioned in the thread, and thanks for the interest guys it seems to be so hard to get anyone interested in doing something thats local to them for once
Old 10 July 2005, 07:47 PM
stann01
Scooby Regular

I`LL BE UP FOR IT AS ITS ONLY DOWN THE ROAD FROM ME!!

STILL WILL WAIT TO SEE HOW LONG I LAST COZ ITS A WORK DAY MIGHT HAVE TO PEEL OFF SOONER THAN THE REST OF YA (COZ I WORK NIGHTS)
Old 10 July 2005, 08:41 PM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by iS_nEaR
final times to be sorted still, but probably around 3pm time does anyone have the links to the other scooby sites mentioned in the thread, and thanks for the interest guys it seems to be so hard to get anyone interested in doing something thats local to them for once
I guess we are all just getting over the SBO Keep plugging away, I'm sure more will show interest as time goes by
Old 11 July 2005, 12:25 PM
Rae
Scooby Regular

posted links to this thread on other sites
Old 11 July 2005, 04:07 PM
Scooby-dood
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Edmondo
Sounds cool....But have organised a RR in Plymouth that day.
Well have to pass on that too, as will be with ed in plymouth

(AKA SCOOBY2)
Old 19 July 2005, 11:05 PM
iS_nEaR
Scooby Newbie

CHANGE OF DATE MOTICE:
I have just been reminded by the Wife that our very first wedding anniversary is actually on this day lol, cant believe i even forgot my first anniversary PMSL, of corse im sure you can all understand that i would like to keep my private parts intact for a few more years at least so i will be changing the date to 14th August, Hopefully this will not affect any of your plans to much and that everyone who has posted wishing to come will be able to make this date and anyone not attending TOTB can now come as well, once again sorry for the inconvenience Simon
Old 28 July 2005, 03:55 PM
speedystuz
Scooby Newbie

defo m8
Old 28 July 2005, 06:30 PM
fatmanscooby
Scooby Regular

B******s my car will still be at Spec R was hoping to make this