Notices
Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

------ Mini Hants (Portsmouth way?) Meet? (esp. Stoker!) ------

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2003, 05:28 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Know it's short notice, but seeing as the forecast for the weekend is luvvvverly, wondered if anyone fancied meeting up on Sunday for a drink and a chinwag? The added incentive would be getting a pic of all the newly - tinted cars together for a picture

Suggestions for time and place welcome...most of you lot are over Portsmouth way, so ideally a pub with a large car park over there, or Rach suggested meeting at Burger King, Hedge End and deciding where to go from there

...However, I know it's short notice, so I won't expect miracles I'll just stick this on the board and see what happens...if we get takers I'll see you there
Old 04 April 2003, 06:24 PM
beefola
Scooby Regular

sorry in Essex having Downpipe fitted today!(andy btw) sounds mental turbo whistles like crazy - had it done at hayward and scott full marks for service and cost rather pleased
Old 04 April 2003, 07:50 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Andy - exxxxxxxxxcellent Glad it's good, personally I think it's one of the best mods I've done ...that and the geometry and bumpsteer I got done today YAY!

...hopefully see you on the 14th then
Old 04 April 2003, 07:58 PM
STI SPUD
Scooby Regular

Smile

Jen,

Might be able to make sunday !!

Very many thanks for organising today - Mark was well impressed with the work I think the 7 looks really cool with shades on !! A photo of them all together would be excellent !!

Anyway, just spoken to Dad and.....on the Saturday night of the Mencap Classic for those of us staying over he's arranged for a dodgem track for us all to 'play' with. <visions of a subaru grand prix> Could be alot of fun.....can you be drunk in charge of a dodgem car????
Old 04 April 2003, 10:02 PM
Bad Bads
Scooby Regular

Wink

Is this a special meet for the "pimp tint" brigade or can anyone go
Old 05 April 2003, 10:34 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

@ Paul!

...for anyone who fancies a drink in a sunny pub garden this Sunday...(and admiring lovely tinted cars )not that weve decided on a time or place yet!
Old 05 April 2003, 08:02 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Ok, not a huge response (hardly suprising considering it was not really a great deal of notice, but then it was worth a try )

Idea number 2 is to have a chat with Paul at the next meet to see if we can organise some "hants meet on tour" things again this year as they were great last year! Maybe including some Sunday ones so we can do a bit of a run before hand? ...and getting some nice pics of the cars in the sun?

Old 05 April 2003, 08:05 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Oh - and don't forget MENCAP CLASSIC TOUR WEEKEND Already generating a good amount of interest, so get signed up quick

scoobynet link

hantsscoobies link
Old 08 April 2003, 02:21 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

I'll keep watching the thread

nkh & I will be on the mainland sometime during the weekend for a little holiday. If it's lunchtime/early afternoon then we should just about be able to force ourselves to attend

No pics of my car though until it has seen a body shop

(Saturday would probably be better for us, but we can't have everything...)
Old 08 April 2003, 06:23 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Hiya David,

Unfortuantly this was last weekend Maybe I should remember to put a date in these things! Sorry, my fault

Still, I hope you have a nice break We should see you at something soon hopefully - if not, I'm looking forward to a trip over the Solent to visit

Must have missed what happened to your scoob (unless you've been a bit careful about not posting it! ) ...hope it's not too bad and easily sorted

Jen
Old 08 April 2003, 08:04 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

I will make it to a meeting at some point...

The car's OK, just needs a new front lip, both bumpers and a door respraying. They've needed doing all winter and I've never got round to doing it... Supermarket carparks and kerbs...

Oh well, at least the ICE will be good after tonight!
Old 09 April 2003, 08:04 AM
TVR Gary
Scooby Regular

Hiya Jen,

Incase my e-mails dont get to ya I have just bought a new STI8. Waiting for it to arrive one day this week. I have already organised to have the windows tinted in Basingstoke and guess what I got a deal. My mate is having his Type R done at the same time and we are getting ourselves a £40 discount for the two. £205 for mine is damned good value i reckon.
Anyway I look forward to meeting you guys and gals soon.

Cya
Old 09 April 2003, 08:45 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Gary - wow, nice car

Sounds like a good deal to me, they're good guys up there Next meets on Monday (14th) 7.45/8ish until whenever

Havn't received any mail yet, but then I sent myself one this morning (from work to hantsscoobies) and that hasn't come through yet either, so maybe there's a problem with Plusnet...anyway, sure it'll get there eventually

Looking forward to meeting you soon!

Jen
Old 09 April 2003, 11:12 AM
TVR Gary
Scooby Regular

Jen,

This waiting for my car is doing my head in. Was hoping it was going to be today but it dont look like that is happening. Best try again tomorrow i suppose. She is sat at the dealers all lovely and ready. Just waiting on the DVLA to transfer me personnal plate over. Once that happens its jump in the car and go get it time.

She is blue and rather than go for the PPP package I've had a full trust exhaust and K&N induction kit dealer fitted. This should give around 300BHP without mucking the ECU about. Oh and I still get my three year warenttee as well. (Im told the trust system is good for power without giving too much noise, we shall see) The only other thing I have done is have a multi changer fitted and the window tinting is organised for a week Wednesday. Gonna go see them lunchtime to check which tint i want.

I cant stand it anymore DVLA HURRY UP !!!!

Will def be coming to meet you guys as soon as its here
Old 09 April 2003, 01:55 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a nightmare!

I know the feeling - we had 21 days or something to wait for ours (private sale - the old owner needed another car!) and I had a little count-down calendar at work, lol!

Exhaust sounds interesting, never heard of that one before, be interesting to hear it Now we just need another STi 8 (standard) to compare it to

Let us know when it arrives then! (well, if you can stop driving for long enough to get to a computer )

Jen
Old 09 April 2003, 04:06 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Yup - I think they are! Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon though

35% all 'round sounds good - that's what Rach had on her STi7, there's a pic here: http://www.hantsscoobies.plus.com/news.html if you're wondering what it looks like with blue It looked lovely

No STi8's at the Hant's Scoob meets yet, although there are quite a few guys coming for the first time this month and I think a couple of them had STi8's ...or one at least Quite a few interesting cars though, there's a stickered up P1 which is cool, Colin's Purple beast, a few classic STi's and STi 7's and a Type R (or RA? Can't remember off the top of my head! ) ...sometimes a Land Rover too! (as well as a Skoda 4X4 and Nigels Skyline which we've yet to see) ...so quite a mixture
Old 09 April 2003, 04:12 PM
TVR Gary
Scooby Regular

In which case as soon as i get the car I will be down to introduce meself.

I did look at Rachels STI7 and also in the members gallery there was an STI8 with and alongside it an STI8 without. That made me mind up for me.

cya soon

gary
Old 04 May 2003, 04:14 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I'll keep an eye on this thread and if you're over this way I'll join you...

Jamie

[Edited by JamieMacdonald - 4/5/2003 5:28:14 PM]
Old 04 September 2003, 03:05 PM
TVR Gary
Scooby Regular

Count down calendar would be a good idea if I knew when it was due but the DVLA are a law unto themselves i think.

Im hoping the exhaust will be good. The dealer sells it for aoround £700 so it certainly isnt cheap. Unfortunately they didnt have one there for me to listen to so I have no idea of the sound. I had to have one though coz the standard car sounded far too quiet for my liking.

Went to see the window tinting guys at lunchtime and she is now booked for 35% all round a week on Wednesday. Im leaving the car with them so god I hope they are trustworthy.

You will see it soon enough, have to get that first 1000 miles out of the way so she will be out and about everywhere. Do you have anymore STI8's which come to the Hants meets?

Gary

[Edited by TVR Gary - 4/9/2003 3:18:14 PM]