Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep same tank,

http://myepack.co.uk/uwell-crown-coil-heads.html
Old 03 May 2016, 09:06 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jack, i've had a few more charges with the Samsung batteries and i'm getting approx just over a day out of one, approx 27 hours which i'm more than happy with.

The new drip tip is much better, doesn't heat up and burn your lips like the one that came with it, this is the one i went for which is slightly longer which i really prefer over the short stubby one that comes with it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Drip-Tip-El...s=510+drip+tip

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 03 May 2016 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03 May 2016, 09:43 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Nice one. I won't go back to a metal tip, it was never too hot for me, but they get too cold too.
Old 04 May 2016, 12:30 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

My replacement turned up the other day, this one seems to be far better, the tank sits a lot straighter on the mod compared to the other one where the tank was leaning to one side.

One minor thing with the Topbox mini platinum version, with it being all metal it's quite slippery in your hand as the surfaces are very smooth, also the edges are quite sharp and not rounded off. I thought i'd try one of the cheap skins that are around, they are only £3. It's so much better, all the cutouts line up perfectly and it's so grippy in your hand, it feels similar to when you buy a mobile phone especially the glass backed versions, most are slippy in your hand until you put a rubber/gel type case on them then they feel nice and grippy in your hand.

Name:  e-cig2.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  444.0 KB
Old 06 May 2016, 12:15 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

With being new to these sub ohm setups i've got a question mainly about Kanger coils.

I'm using the SSOCC 0.5 ohm in my Kanger TopBox mini, the fluid i'm using is a brand called Pulp which is 70vg/30pg. For the first few days the flavour was great, after about 3 days it tasted a bit weaker with a hint of a burning taste.

I'm sure a primed the coil correctly at the start, i gently put some drops on the inner walls of the coil whilst rotating the coil, then i put some drops on the outer holes and repeated that a few times so it soaked in. I got that from a youtube video on how to prime kanger coils. I filled the tank with the air holes closed, after 15 mins i took a few gentle drags without firing the button. I then started vaping as normal, as i say it was great for about 3 days then it got a lot weaker with a hint of burning taste.

The other slight thing which isn't a big one as such, when i watched the youtube reviews of the Kanger TopBox mini they produced a lot of smoke, mine doesn't produce a lot, nowhere near the amount on the video reviews what i watched. I use one air hole on my tank.

Any ideas especially if i'm doing anything wrong ?
Old 06 May 2016, 01:54 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Did you wash out the tank from new? Sometimes you get residues left over from the manufacturing.

Try taking those drags without firing, immediately, take about 5 hard drags. Then wait a couple of minutes before vaping and lower your watts to begin with to bed the cotton in, then ramp it up to your usual wattage, that's what i do. The flavour will diminish over time either way. But you shouldn't get any burnt taste.

You will know if the cotton is wicking properly as you should get bubbles in the tank after a vape.

If that doesn't help then it'll be the type of juice you are using gunking up the cotton. So try another flavour/brand. Clear juices will make the cotton last longer.

Why are you worried about how much vapour is produced? Those utube vids are usually of "cloud chasers" who have made their own coil builds to get as much as vapour as possible out of their coils.

Last edited by bioforger; 06 May 2016 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06 May 2016, 02:00 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I can choke on a 3 or 4 second hit on a week old 0.5 OCC coil at 25 watts. You probably need to go a fair bit higher than that with the SSOCC as they need a bit of oomph to get going. Burn can occur from too many watts, too long of a hit, running empty and a build up of gunk. I run empty occasionally, you definitely know, washing under the hot tap works well, ignoring it for a while although not nice works otherwise replace.
Old 06 May 2016, 02:08 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

I vape at 42-44W with my uwell crown tank and a 0.25ohm uwell coil. Never had a burnt taste.
Old 06 May 2016, 04:20 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

88w on a 0.3ohm using the RBA crown tank,,great tank,only complaint I have is you can't really fit a dual coil build in there. Might be able to do a vertical dual? Will have a play and see.
Never had a burnt wick tho and coils last ages
Old 06 May 2016, 05:40 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bioforger
Why are you worried about how much vapour is produced? Those utube vids are usually of "cloud chasers" who have made their own coil builds to get as much as vapour as possible out of their coils.
I'm not, i'm just comparing how much vapour is being produced by the one i have compared to the ones i've seen in the video reviews which seem to be using the stock coils. As long as i get a good hit i'm not bothered about looking like a walking steam engine.

It may well be the e-juice that i'm using, that wouldn't explain one of the coils going off in around 3 days though as it's a very light coloured fluid i'm using, the flavour was great for the first 3 or so days then it dropped off with a slight burn taste. I've always stuck with the light coloured fluid as i know the darker ones can clog up your atomizers and coils.

I'll just have to see how things go and try a few different options.
Old 06 May 2016, 08:38 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Kanger coils can be off, might just be bad luck. I'm sticking with the square .5's as long as I can.
Old 07 May 2016, 09:13 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
Kanger coils can be off, might just be bad luck. I'm sticking with the square .5's as long as I can.
I have a feeling that this maybe the problem, the kanger coils being hit and miss.

As an example, the first one i put in from new which was a SS 0.5 was primed correctly and filled correctly. It performed fine for around 3 days but after 3 days it seemed to lose flavour and i had a slight burning taste, also it had flooded a couple of times.

The second one i tried, again a SS 0.5. This one flooded a lot, i had a closer look at the coils and their was part of the wire seated under the rubber seal at the bottom which meant it wasn't going to compress and seal correctly with a big piece of wire underneath it. Their is a video about this where a youtube user is saying it's lazy workmanship from kanger.

I tried a clapton coil yesterday that came with the kit, this one gurgled and flooded pretty badly on me while i was out yesterday. When i got home i checked that coil and again the wire was sitting just underneath the edge of the seal which would mean the seal wouldn't seal correctly.

I did a bit of DIY on one of the SS coils, i took the end contact off along with the rubber seal, i trimmed the excess wire that was sitting under the edge of the rubber seal so that it would now sit inside the neck of the seal instead of hanging over the edge and underneath the seal.

Touch wood that the one did a DIY repair on seems to have been working fine today, it doesn't give me a lot of faith though in buying future Kanger coils if they are going to be so hit and miss, even this one i've done a repair on may only last 3 days as well before i lose flavour and get a burning taste like the first one did. They should be problem free out of the pack, you need reliability with coils.

I'm probably going to order a Uwell Crown tank on monday and see how i get on with that one.

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 07 May 2016 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07 May 2016, 11:11 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Yea thats a good point i missed, when i use to use the kanger subox my 0.5ohm coil packs were indeed hit or miss, as you say some lasted a few days and others in the same pack lasted weeks. I have questioned Kanger's quality control before with their coils. I haven't had this happen with the Uwell coils yet and i'm on my 3rd pack.
Old 07 May 2016, 11:19 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

My current coil has been in over a week and still good, I've used some for over a month, maybe two. These have all been square, but I think they're phasing them out and hoping the round ones get better.
Old 08 May 2016, 10:45 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Bio, in the Uwell coils what would you go for, would 0.5 ohm be ok or should i go for a different one ?
Old 08 May 2016, 11:51 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Yep not much difference between the 0.50 and the 0.25, the 0.25 gives a slightly smoother vape. I always get the 0.25s.
Old 09 May 2016, 03:46 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Right, after experiencing more flooding with the Kanger TopTank mini today i've decided that i'm not going to buy anymore Kanger products. I did some research online and a lot of people are experiencing the same thing regardless of doing everything in the correct way like priming the coils correctly, filling the tank correctly with the air holes closed etc. It seems as though Kanger's quality control is totally hit or miss, you'll either get a perfect one that runs great for a fair while until you come across a bad batch of coils or a bad apple straight out of the box.

What i need now from the exeprienced users on here are some recommendations for a good Mod box to go with the Uwell Crown Tank that i've just ordered.

Ash at MyEpack was great, he understood the issues, i explained to him that this is nothing to with him or MyEpack, it's a kanger quality quality control issue.

While i was on the phone to him he recommended 2 mod boxes, the first one is a Cool fire tc100 and the other one he recommended was a Sigelei 213.

I'm totally open to suggestions for a mod box.
Old 09 May 2016, 04:50 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Your existing modbox will work fine with the Uwell tank, why not stick with that? If you're not going to push the watts above 75, then there isn't much point anyway.

Surprised he mentioned the coolfire one, i've tried that before, it's quality is not as good as the Kanger ones, rattly buttons, bad fitment etc.

The Sigelei one is nice, but it needs dual 18650's as its a 200W device, i think it might be overkill for what you need.

Last edited by bioforger; 09 May 2016 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09 May 2016, 05:28 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bioforger
Your existing modbox will work fine with the Uwell tank, why not stick with that?
I can't just return the tank without returning the mod as it come as a kit, also on the mod their is a fault, your supposed to charge the mod with the mod switched off, on this one even if the battery is empty it's showing that the battery has 3 full bars when it starts charging.

I've had enough of kanger now, their coils and atomizers have always been hit and miss anyway and now this.
Old 09 May 2016, 06:02 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Ah ok fair enough. Have a look in this thread at the Smok mods as well then.
Old 09 May 2016, 06:22 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

This is the main reason it's going back, i walked to the shop earlier to get a couple of bits, i thought i'd take my e-cig with me. This is what i was greeted with when i arrived home

Name:  e-cig-leak.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  499.8 KB
Old 09 May 2016, 06:49 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

mmm yep that's fubar.
Old 09 May 2016, 07:24 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

I like the look of this, it's about to be released in the next couple of weeks in the USA

http://www.wismec.com/product/reuleaux-rx200s/

Is anyone familiar with the brand and do they have a good reputation ?
Old 09 May 2016, 07:37 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Yep they are popular at the moment, know nothing about them, except a lot of people use them. Specs look decent, but again it's a bit of a beast
Old 09 May 2016, 08:04 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Triple 18650's must be like holding a brick in your hand, on the plus side the batt life will last ages, 9000mahs
Old 09 May 2016, 11:02 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Very heavy.

Kanger may have cooked the goose, I'm stocking up on square coils.
Old 10 May 2016, 04:16 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Thought I would treat myself as it's been ages since I had any vapemail

Very impressed with the Uwell crown tank,I thought I would give their new tank a go,the Rafale.
Must say first off,the best packaging I've seen for a tank,comes in a mad padded sleeping bag and rolled into a nice tin.
Also I wanted to carry on building my own coils so got the VerticalRBA as well,had to shop around but got both for under £34 (£19.99+3.95 delivery for the tank& £9.99 free delivery for the VRBA)
First impressions,great quality tank(as with the crown)
Extra 1ml which will come in handy,has a patented anti spit back chimney,even more airy than the crown which I love,new top fill design and overall a great looking tank.

I did read/watch a few reviews and there were some negatives...
The drip tip is not interchangeable(I never changed any of mine before so no bother)
The top fill is hard/messy to fill with dripper bottles(I don't use em as I make my own juice)
The tip gets hot(not tried the tank yet but it comes with a small rubber condom to keep the heat down)
Anyway looking forward to trying it out

Last edited by ossett2k2; 10 May 2016 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10 May 2016, 04:31 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

ossett, that looks very impressive.

I had the Uwell Crown tank arrive today, the engineering is incredible really compared to the Kanger TopTank. I really like how the air adjuster collar clicks into position and it's movement is second to none compared to the tanks i've experienced so far. I've only had it for a few hours so can't comment on it too much on it as yet but the vape so far is superb and touch wood no leaks while using it so far.
Old 10 May 2016, 04:33 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Sweet What's the long piece of metal in the vrba box?
Old 10 May 2016, 04:44 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Nice one Rob,the crown is excellent and my favourite tank so far.
As you say,build quality is great.
Nothing worse than a leaking tank,my OBS v3 has started leaking a little after about 6 months usage and the build quality not great.
I will still use the crown but the RBA isn't fantastic and I like to build,the Rafale's RBA looks interesting.
Always like to have a couple of tanks on the go plus my dripper as I like to change flavours.

Quick Reply: Vaping - Electronic Cigarettes