Notices

What's the latest crack with the Global-i lot ??

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2002, 04:10 PM
Jerry*
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Sorry to bring this up again but does anyone know what is currently happening with Global-i, the people who took over the handling of Telematix e-Guard ?!

Have they gone belly up too ?

Whenever you try to ring them you get the "number unobtainable" message too..

Anyone any ideas on their current position and what Telematix owners can or need to do !?!!

Cheers,

John
Old 27 May 2002, 10:21 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

try phoning 0870 8731258 this is the number for auto q , who do all the monitoring (I think)
Old 28 May 2002, 11:23 AM
Fullonloon
Scooby Regular

They have gone in to liquidation too I believe, taking the £182.13 payment with them. Your system should still be monitored by Orange as you pay a monthly subscription to them. If the system is faulty then I don't believe there is anything you can do other than go with a reputable company.

I believe the story to be that they aquired telematix and over extended themselves in terms of fixing the faulty units etc and it wasn't a viable business so they shut up shop 6 months later.
Old 28 May 2002, 11:24 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

They have, indeed, gone bust. Luckily (for me, anyway) I didn't bother paying the extra money to move to their system - after Telematix went bust I considered doing so. However, when I was on the phone to Global-I, I asked what guarantees there were that the company wouldn't go the same way as Telematix - the guy said "To be honest, there isn't any guarantee". At which point the phrase 'cut your losses' sprang to mind and I walked away....

Bad luck if you did get caught though.
Old 03 June 2002, 12:01 AM
Mike Owen
Scooby Regular

Fair enough that the system is still functioning and Orange are still taking our money....but from what I can see, what's the use!!! No one is actually doing anything with the telemetry info that the unit transmits! or am I missing something here? I believe we are basically F*CKED.... Unless someone else picks up the monitoring etc.

That will teach me to be such a trusting sod when I spoke to them on the phone...
O'hum..

Car probably going at the end of the year, so I've pretty much given up giving a toss (if that's not one to many "given"'s)...