Tracker experience - first time buyer

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2010, 05:40 PM
dj_akademix
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracker experience - first time buyer

Hi,

After 5 years of training to get my job and 2 years saving to realise the dream, I'm finally going to have a GB270 parked on the drive by the end of the month - excited doesn't cover it !

With the impending arrival of something that my local scallywags would be keen to test pilot, I'm aware that I need to beef up security with a tracker.

Having read some posts, RAC trackstar is a popular choice. Does anyone know the pros/cons of that unit?

The other item I'm considering is the Tracker Horizon.

Thanks in advance for any advise. Does anyone have any other security tips for a first time scooby owner?
Old 23 September 2010, 05:53 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Got a tracker Horizon on mine and tbh its as if it wasn`t there. Only if I remove the battery for a few mins, or bump start the car with ignition off I get a phone call lol.

I got mine from here. Cheap.
http://www.chameleondirect.com/vehic...urity-tracking

And once you have a tracker if you sell and buy a new car, you get a new one for £80 direct from Tracker.
Old 23 September 2010, 05:57 PM
dantastic
Scooby Regular

Get a clifford alarm with blackjax fitted then even if they steal your keys and steal the car they will only get a few hundred yards before the blackjax kicks in and shuts the engine down, also a disc lock is a good visual deterrent, as for trackers the RAC Trackstar is the one most commonly used by Subaru uk.
Old 24 September 2010, 03:56 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You've got to ask yourself whether you want to stop your car being stolen in the first place or are happy picking up the pieces once it has been stolen-repairs to damage etc...
I've just sold my scoob which had a horizon with a lifetime warranty,mated to a clifford concept alarm with blackjax.
I honestly think that the Clifford wa the only bit of kit that I actually needed,as said by the last poster.
The Clifford will come with everything you need and has the benefit of blackjax which,even if you have your keys stolen,your car won't get further than the end of your road,before it's disabled-also of use as an anti carjack device.
It has a proximity sensor on it too,so you'll know if someones looking into your car and mine had a turbo timer integrated into the alarm too.
I was going to get a tracker fitted to my new car,but I want to stop the car being stolen in the first place-hence a Clifford instead!
You do need to beef up your security and to decide on a good installer before you get your car.
My Clifford took a complete day to install and I've had the same system taken out and put into 2 cars over a 10 year period.lifetime warranty,got it serviced once a year and never had any problems.
Trackers are good at what they do-very good,but I want a proactive system to stop it from going in the first place and with a few trick bits too.
Enjoy your car-GB270-nice(soft spot for the wagons though!).don't let some **** enjoy your pride and joy.
Oh and deffo get a diskloc

Last edited by billyray911; 24 September 2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 24 September 2010, 05:34 PM
dj_akademix
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the pointers - I'm keen to avoid the theft in advance so will be investing in a diskloc and have found a local shop who supply and fit cliffords. Will be chatting to them this week about what can be fitted.
Tracker can always be added in a couple of months...