Notices

Toad alarm on a hatch STi help...

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2010, 11:24 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Toad alarm on a hatch STi help...

Got a Toad alarm on my car and its acting a little strange. When i get out of the car and shut the door the LED inside flashes quickly between green and red while the interior light is on, once the light goes out the LED stays green. So if i try to arm the alarm straight after getting out i have a 50% chance of pressing the button when the light is green, which flashes the indicators once and stays silent. However if i try to arm while it is red the indicators flash but the siren beeps.... i presume so because it thinks a door is open as the interior light is still on.

So the questions is should the LED be flashing while the interior light is on, and how can i arm it without this warning beep.

Cheers,

Tony.
Old 07 September 2010, 09:11 AM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When it is red how many beeps on the siren ?

Ian
Old 09 September 2010, 04:20 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Hi,

The alarms beeps 3 times. The LED is flashing red/green when i get out of the car, then goes solid green after the interior light delay has gone off. Just tried turning the interior light off completely but the LED still flashes when i first get out... then goes solid.
Old 10 September 2010, 09:01 AM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

I take it you have interior light delay
this should have been turned of when it was fitted
it is open door warning as it thinks it is open
the flashing is ok

Ian
Old 10 September 2010, 09:25 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Cheers Ian, that makes perfect sense. Is this something i can turn off or do i have see see a Toad Installer?

Tony.
Old 10 September 2010, 01:19 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Found some install instructions... going to try to get into programming mode and change software switch 2-6 (may also turn the chirp on for arming while i'm at it)
Old 10 September 2010, 05:07 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Hmmm... i can get into the programming mode and i thought i have changed the setting but it still does it. Then tried to change the chirp on arm to on and thought i'd done that but that didn't change either. Bugger

Try again later.
Old 11 September 2010, 09:57 AM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tone Loc
Hmmm... i can get into the programming mode and i thought i have changed the setting but it still does it. Then tried to change the chirp on arm to on and thought i'd done that but that didn't change either. Bugger

Try again later.
If you have a problem ring me on 07774446402
Ian
Old 11 September 2010, 10:37 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Cheers Ian, i *think* i've sorted it. I've definitely turned the beep on for arming/disarming and it seemed to arm fine without the 3 warning beeps now with the interior light on. I did a bit of searching and when in programming mode found some poeple saying they had peculiar beeping from the alarm. It seems that you try to enter say 2-6 after entering the 2 you then press button 1 6 times but i was listening to the beeps which are 1 behind... so press 1, no beep, press 1 again then it beeps once, press 1 again and it beeps twice. So always one beep behind. So i was actually in 2-7 when i thought it was 2-6. I ignored the beeps and just went off pressing button 1 and it seems ok now.

I'll try it again later (and check what the setting are in all the other options as i may have been changing 2-7 and 1-6 by accident). Thanks for your help Ian. Much appreciated
Old 12 September 2010, 12:20 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Cheers Ian, i *think* i've sorted it. I've definitely turned the beep on for arming/disarming and it seemed to arm fine without the 3 warning beeps now with the interior light on. I did a bit of searching and when in programming mode found some poeple saying they had peculiar beeping from the alarm. It seems that you try to enter say 2-6 after entering the 2 you then press button 1 6 times but i was listening to the beeps which are 1 behind... so press 1, no beep, press 1 again then it beeps once, press 1 again and it beeps twice. So always one beep behind. So i was actually in 2-7 when i thought it was 2-6. I ignored the beeps and just went off pressing button 1 and it seems ok now.

I'll try it again later (and check what the setting are in all the other options as i may have been changing 2-7 and 1-6 by accident). Thanks for your help Ian. Much appreciated
Yes i would have gone through that with you as i have had a batch that is one beep behind
you press no beep but it is still counted
so one beep is 2 and so on confusing but you get the hang of it

Ian
Old 12 September 2010, 08:52 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Brilliant, that confirms what i had read. Thanks again for all your help Ian, you seem to know these things inside and out. A true star
Old 13 September 2010, 06:47 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Brilliant, that confirms what i had read. Thanks again for all your help Ian, you seem to know these things inside and out. A true star
Dont call me MR_TOAD_INSTALLER for nothing mate

Glad i could help

Ian