Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah
Old 14 March 2008, 12:25 AM
newjapscoob
Scooby Regular

so whats the point on spending a load of coin on alarm and immobiliser
systems.

im confused........would they have to be expert thiefs or would it be quite easy.
Old 15 March 2008, 01:42 AM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

some systems have a higher specification and a wider range of sensors which can detect more things. The Toad Ai606 is at the lowest end of the Thatcham approved ranges as it comes with the bare minimum level of protection.

as for stealing the car...........if you have the stuff to do it... its pretty easy

Last edited by Jesus H; 15 March 2008 at 01:47 AM.
Old 25 March 2008, 11:08 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jesus H
some systems have a higher specification and a wider range of sensors which can detect more things. The Toad Ai606 is at the lowest end of the Thatcham approved ranges as it comes with the bare minimum level of protection.

as for stealing the car...........if you have the stuff to do it... its pretty easy
TOAD AI606 is a top alarm if fitted correct and is not the lowest end of alarm
The Clifford Hornet MAXX 1 cat one is the bottom end of market

Ian
Old 25 March 2008, 11:19 PM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
TOAD AI606 is a top alarm if fitted correct and is not the lowest end of alarm
The Clifford Hornet MAXX 1 cat one is the bottom end of market

Ian
Toad Ai606 comes with a single sensor package, this is the minimum level of security required to gain thatcham approval. Systems like the Clifford Avantguard 5.5 come with Interior microwave, Exterior microwave, Tilt, Motion and Glass tamper sensors. This is the highest level of security of any alarm approved by thatcham.

Could you tell us why the Hornet alarm is a lower specification than the Toad Ai606? I would say it is slightly higher specification.
Old 26 March 2008, 12:21 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Single sensor....forgot the door pins did you?

At least they don't go off should a bird inadvertanly fart within 200metres of it.
Old 26 March 2008, 08:41 PM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

door pins aren't classed as "sensors"... neither are boot pins or bonnet pins....
This is because they are a requirement and not an option...

a badly fitted toad can be as problematic as a badly fitted clifford.
Old 26 March 2008, 09:02 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Seems that there are not many well installed cliffords round my way then

I can hear one now: Wooo Wooo Wooo, Neee Naww Nee Naww, Whooop whooop, ERRR ERRR ERRR.

So many configurations, so many features, so many sensor, equating to so much to f**k up pre and post install (especially with a tired/substandard vehicle battery).

Simplicity has its merits, of course if one want microwaves, fogger units (my favorite), GSM dialers one can specify them as add ons. Which makes one think there maybe a good reason why very few other manufacturers offer such features as standard.
Old 27 March 2008, 12:52 AM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

Just because it has a six-tone doesnt automatically mean its a clifford. There are a number of manufacturers who use the same siren. Most of them are home fit systems that can be found on fleebay....

None of the Clifford cat 1's come with a six tone.... its against thatcham's approval specifications...
Old 27 March 2008, 03:11 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Toad Ai606 comes with a single sensor package, this is the minimum level of security required to gain thatcham approval. Systems like the Clifford Avantguard 5.5 come with Interior microwave, Exterior microwave, Tilt, Motion and Glass tamper sensors. This is the highest level of security of any alarm approved by thatcham.
I believe the sensors you mention there are all add ons for the Toad system. Clifford just put them on a pre-set package eg Clifford 500 etc rather than you adding each one individually like you can with the Toad.

Either way, sad fact is if someone who knows what they're doing comes to steal it, they are going to take it! These systems only stop the average twoc folk.

Personally, I like to install a device like in Robocop 2 that kills the intruder.
Old 27 March 2008, 08:57 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossi_p
I believe the sensors you mention there are all add ons for the Toad system. Clifford just put them on a pre-set package eg Clifford 500 etc rather than you adding each one individually like you can with the Toad.

Either way, sad fact is if someone who knows what they're doing comes to steal it, they are going to take it! These systems only stop the average twoc folk.

Personally, I like to install a device like in Robocop 2 that kills the intruder.

I fitted one of these once:

12V DC Car Security Smoke Screen

Quite effective, and highly amusing at the same time
Old 27 March 2008, 09:53 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shark Man
I fitted one of these once:

Quite effective, and highly amusing at the same time
Love it!

Check out StickDeath then click on shocked sh*t on the left before scrolling down to the anti-theft devices.... Somebody was obviously very bored but mildly amusing all the same.
Old 28 March 2008, 08:33 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Could you tell us why the Hornet alarm is a lower specification than the Toad Ai606? I would say it is slightly higher specification.
The Clifford Hornet Maxx1 was built in the same factory as the AI606 for some time but sold as a budget cat 1 and also has single sensor package what is good for you is good for Toad EH!
Toad can do all Clifford can but you can choose your sensors rather than be told THIS is what you get all Toads sensors have Thatcham approval as well

Have a word with God he may put you straight on selling your products on this forum

Ian
Old 29 March 2008, 11:13 PM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

According to thatcham.........

The toad Ai606 is only thatcham approved when fitted with the sensors that come supplied with the system. Any additional sensors added to the system automatically remove the thatcham approval of the alarm system. This is because thatcham have not tested the sensors with the Ai606 package...

http://www.thatcham.org/security/pdf...gerCarCAT1.pdf

The above document confirms that the only sensor that can be used with the ai606, and retain its approval, is ultrasonics..

If anyone needs confirmation on this then they should call thatcham directly on +44 (0)1635 868855

God has spoken

BTW.... The Hornet Maxx 1 has never been manfuctured in the same factory as the Ai606.... this is an urban myth used by unscrupulous dealers to help them sell products... They have always been made in different factories, by different companies and in different countries.... You can call directed uk if you need confirmation on this..
Old 03 April 2008, 10:17 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Interesting i was told they have all been through Thatcham
They do have a Microwave thatcham approoved so that throws your idea out !!!!
as that is not listed !!!
Oh and the unscupulous dealers was an Area Manager for Directed that i talked to at the last ICE show that did confirm it was made at the same factory but has now moved

Please dont tell me the Managers dont know where things were manufactured
or is it a component they sell and dont know anything about origin

I do believe God has left the building
Old 04 April 2008, 02:53 PM
Bodgit
Scooby Regular

FAQ from the smoke screen website.

Q: Can you supply aerosols that kill the thief by gassing them?

A: No. It would be unsafe for the fitter of the unit and would open up a whole range of legal issues. Our unit sets out to prevent theft.

A scooby owner perhaps...
Old 05 April 2008, 09:14 PM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Interesting i was told they have all been through Thatcham
They do have a Microwave thatcham approoved so that throws your idea out !!!!
as that is not listed !!!
Oh and the unscupulous dealers was an Area Manager for Directed that i talked to at the last ICE show that did confirm it was made at the same factory but has now moved

Please dont tell me the Managers dont know where things were manufactured
or is it a component they sell and dont know anything about origin

I do believe God has left the building
To approve a sensor the whole alarm system has to be re-approved by thatcham. They will not simply check a sensor. If the sensor isnt listed on the most recent approval list then I doubt very much that it ever will. A simple call to thatcham can confirm it one way or another..

If he said that then he obviously doesnt know much about the product he sells. Mind you.. a Toad rep once told me that the Ai606 was once made by Clifford.
They have never been made in the same factory... in fact they have never been made in the same country. You may be confusing the Avital range with the Hornet range of security systems. The boards are different, the components are different, the programming is different.. the only thing in common is the shape of the metal security box. The Hornet Maxx 1 is a new product that is designed and built by Directed, the Toad Ai606 is designed and built by Lite-on and sold in the uk by TOAD/Scorpion. In other country's it may be rebadged as something else.

VS - Vehicle Security Systems(P01) - Liteon Automotive Corporation