Notices

Blackjax

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2007, 01:46 PM
davcom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackjax

Had Blackjax 5 system installed on my car yesterday. All very well and good and works nicely (just hope it is never used for real!).

Only problem being the kit comes with a siren. The installer never put the siren in, and simply connected it to the horn. The logic behind this was that the thief can simply snip the siren wires?
Initially I thought this was fine, but:
1) I thought the siren had a built in battery back up for suc instances?
2) If i forget to input the code, the car beeps 5 times. People automatically assume that I am beeping at them? This could trigger a road rage attack!
3) Horn could also be disconnected easily if need be?

What are your thoughts on this one? Should I get the siren put on? I was under the impression that its all included in the price.

No problems with installers though as they are first class and I would highky recommend them.
Old 19 July 2007, 09:49 PM
howellsy42
Scooby Regular

the siren does have a battery back up on it id rather have a siren than the horn tbh just so people dont think im beeping at them !!
Old 20 July 2007, 07:47 AM
davcom
Scooby Regular

Thought so. Think I'll drop it back in and get them to put it on. Only fair as I never saw a reduction in price for not having the siren.
Old 20 July 2007, 08:31 AM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

Blackjax DOES NOT have a battery backup siren. It uses the 514C high output siren. Fitment of this is optional as a lot of people prefer to have it hooked up to the car horn.
Old 20 July 2007, 12:52 PM
MotorG Raf
Scooby Regular

blackjax is wired to the horn because the siren is not battery backup and if cut the siren will go dead. If you want it to the siren then thats no problem. PM us and we can sort it out
Old 20 July 2007, 01:07 PM
davcom
Scooby Regular

Would I be correct in thinking that this is Rafiq from Motor Guard?
Good job I said you are a good installer and would recommend you!

I'll pm you now...
Old 20 July 2007, 01:51 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

Got blackjax on mine and had a play with it the other day in an old Industrial Est. I just wanted to see how it worked as obviously don't want to see it in action for real.

Well ..... I drove off with out entering pin and everything was fine for around 10 sec's, Then my hazard lights started flashing for around 5 sec's. After that the alarm started blazing and the Imm cut in stalling the engine. At this point the car was tottaly disabled with the alarm blazing and the hazards flashing.
Old 20 July 2007, 07:12 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

had one fitted to my ctr the stupid thing now decides to cut the ignition when ever it feels like it, even when driving, apparently they should of cut the plug out as they have a habit of doing this
Old 12 November 2007, 04:45 PM
scoobydavid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davcom
Had Blackjax 5 system installed on my car yesterday. All very well and good and works nicely (just hope it is never used for real!).

Only problem being the kit comes with a siren. The installer never put the siren in, and simply connected it to the horn. The logic behind this was that the thief can simply snip the siren wires?
Initially I thought this was fine, but:
1) I thought the siren had a built in battery back up for suc instances?
2) If i forget to input the code, the car beeps 5 times. People automatically assume that I am beeping at them? This could trigger a road rage attack!
3) Horn could also be disconnected easily if need be?

What are your thoughts on this one? Should I get the siren put on? I was under the impression that its all included in the price.

No problems with installers though as they are first class and I would highky recommend them.
which company installeed this as im interest in getting a blackjax
Old 15 November 2007, 12:31 AM
badcompany
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutz
Got blackjax on mine and had a play with it the other day in an old Industrial Est. I just wanted to see how it worked as obviously don't want to see it in action for real.

Well ..... I drove off with out entering pin and everything was fine for around 10 sec's, Then my hazard lights started flashing for around 5 sec's. After that the alarm started blazing and the Imm cut in stalling the engine. At this point the car was tottaly disabled with the alarm blazing and the hazards flashing.
normally the alarm countdown starts when the car hits 2000 revs..then the brake lights start flashing. and then the hazard lights.and then the engine cuts out FLAWLESS add on for the clifford alarm

ive got one on my cosworth ..

The Black Jax 5 system is Cliffords state of the art Carjacking response and vehicle recovery system. It will function with or without any alarm system to provide you top of the line security and protection of your car. It allows the carjacker to drive a short distance then it shuts the engine down automatically when it is safe, allowing a gradual slowing sequence. BlackJax is Clifford’s unique anti-carjacking response system that puts personal safety first while using innovative advancements to ensure that users can recover the vehicle themselves. If an armed car thief approaches – immediately turn over the keys and remote and let Clifford technology take over. BlackJax is fully automatic: no buttons or transmitters to push when a gun is involved. Just get away from the vehicle. BlackJax allows the criminal to drive away a safe distance. Then, a few seconds later, BlackJax blares the siren and flashes the lights to alert other drivers and witnesses. It then pulses down the ignition system to safely force the vehicle to slow to a complete stop. Siren blaring and lights flashing, unable to restart the engine, the carjacker has no choice but to abandon the vehicle. BlackJax offers immediate vehicle self-recovery. With the vehicle immobilized a short distance away, the owner can recover it. No special tracking units, monthly fees or per-use charges. Just follow the sound of the BlackJax siren, then enter the PIN code. That’s it – it’s sabotage-proof. The only way to turn off BlackJax is with a secret user-selectable PIN code. If the carjacker tries guessing codes at random, BlackJax actively ignores his code entries for the next few minutes. Even if he were to find and remove the BlackJax control unit, he would still be unable to restart the engine. That’s Clifford technology you can count on. This is made by DIRECTED ELECTRONICS, INC. DEI (the makers of Viper, Python, Clifford and more).

http://www.usfreeads.com/catalogs/14...tem453672.html

Last edited by badcompany; 15 November 2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 15 November 2007, 03:35 PM
si_b1979
Scooby Newbie

Am I right in saying that the Blackjax 5 is only available as an add on to other Clifford alarms?

If so, which alarm system do people recommend and approx how much does it cost to have fitted?

I also read on a previous post about a SPAL anti-highjack system. Does anyone have experience of these?
Old 15 November 2007, 05:18 PM
Martin-STI
Scooby Regular

BlackJak for me every time.

Had house broke in whilst at work, took STI on the key but only got about 500m away before car immoberlised fully.

I would not have car now some 3 months later if I had not had this fitted.

No damage to car and keys found down road.
Old 15 November 2007, 09:25 PM
stressymare
Scooby Regular

i got Black Jax too

carnt fault it tbh

mine is to a siren ov several alarms that are louder in the car lol

tbh i dont think it makes much difference whether siren or horn as the engine will fail with either

Old 16 November 2007, 05:43 PM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by si_b1979
Am I right in saying that the Blackjax 5 is only available as an add on to other Clifford alarms?

If so, which alarm system do people recommend and approx how much does it cost to have fitted?

I also read on a previous post about a SPAL anti-highjack system. Does anyone have experience of these?

It can either be purchased as a stand alone unit which works in conjunction with the factory system or purchased as part of a new alarm system. The concept 650, intelliguard 950 and avantguard 5.5 all have it built in as standard.
Old 09 October 2010, 03:27 PM
Impress her
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by davcom
Would I be correct in thinking that this is Rafiq from Motor Guard?
Good job I said you are a good installer and would recommend you!

I'll pm you now...

Raf may be a good installer but his attitude sucks
Hate to call him for any after sales problem.