Notices

Clifford 500 Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2003, 06:55 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have Subaru Impreza WRX with a Clifford 500 Alarm with Blackjax enabled

Went to come home tonight and the Blackjax came on because I was unable to key the code, It opened with the key fob, I got in drove to the gate and key coded the Blackjax and it would not except the code.

It went in to Blackjax alarm, I tried disconnecting the battery, taking out fuses to stop the flashing rear lights.

Ended up removing the bulbs and disconnecting the spoiler high level light so that I could leave it and preserve my battery condition

Nothing I do will get it out of blackjax not even valet mode keying, it just seem the fobs are doing nothing and also the same can be said of the plain view switch.

Looks like I have got to get it towed to a authorised dealer at my expense and get it looked at, its only 4months old fitted new on the car.

The car is near a mast and rail line but it never has caused a problem till now, I also noticed other very distant alarms going off, is it an atmospherics thing?

Any advise would be most helpful, please what should I do now

Use the e-mail if you cant help over the open forum

e.mail: phl@ntlworld.com
Old 12 December 2003, 07:28 PM
Maximum_Impact
Scooby Newbie

sounds like the valet switch is faulty.
If your local dealer can let you take one away it is simple to swap over.
When the system goes into blackjax mode the only way of turning it off is to input the code.

Hope this helps

Martin
Old 12 December 2003, 07:45 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Maximum_Impact:

Martin, thanks for that, sounds like a good idea.

It’s the best yet, would have thought I could reset the system some other way.
Old 12 December 2003, 09:00 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Thanks lads
It is the plain view switch that is causing all the trouble, I fecked about keying the plain view switch pressing it very hard and wobbling it about.

Managed to get it out of blackjax at last must of pissed of all the neighbours and used the valet mode to drive it, trouble is it switches back onto Blackjax when you get out of the door.

As long as I think what I am doing I should be able to get it to the Clifford dealer to sort the plain view switch.

Without the switch working, you can’t disable Blackjax.

Security a road to far me thinks, if you don’t know what I have been rabbiting on about don’t worry, just don’t buy Blackjax and live a happy life
Old 12 December 2003, 09:59 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

What’s the situation with Clifford, if I have it fixed by another Clifford authorised dealer as the original fitter was Ram of Wakefield (miles away) by the way its 8 months old.

Do I have to hand over money for the warrantee repair?

Any idea what the procedure is?
Old 12 December 2003, 10:14 PM
Maximum_Impact
Scooby Newbie

why not give your local guy a call, i'm sure that they would swap the switch over for you. It's not exactly a difficult thing to do and they should have no problem getting it replaced by clifford.
BTW how did you manage to have RAM fit the system if you are in Oxford

Martin
Old 12 December 2003, 10:26 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Maximum_Impact: I bought my car in Batley West Yorkshire at Well Lane Turbo Centre and they used RAM in Wakefield to fit the alarm of my choice

I am very pleased with the service at both the above places, I firmly believe it is a Clifford problem, not overjoyed with the product.

Confusing in operation with all the button pressing, also it has a stupid manual.

[Edited by Ajax - 12/12/2003 10:27:40 PM]
Old 13 December 2003, 02:07 AM
Maximum_Impact
Scooby Newbie

Wink

ok fair comment, unless you have specifically asked for the product to be fitted then it is always going to be an uphill battle to make you like the system.
Blackjax can be switched off if you would prefer so (although i would not reccomend it)it sounds like and some of the features/functions could be better explained to you which in turn could maybe bring you round to appreciating the system more for its capability.
A faulty plain-view switch is in real terms the same as a thief not knowing the blackjax code, look at the job you have had getting your car running, i would say its effective security
in action.
If you have problems getting a replacement switch then give us a shout, we will send one to you just to show goodwill on behalf of the clifford dealers out there

Martin
Old 13 December 2003, 07:18 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Maximum_Impact:

Thanks for the offer, I will see what Clifford say in reply to my e-mail

You Northern lads sure give some good service!
Old 13 December 2003, 07:51 PM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

You do have the ignition set to on as your punching in your code, right?
Caught me out in the past
Ben
Old 13 December 2003, 11:39 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Smile

Ajax,

See, you get sorted by the Northern experts

Martin,

Can you give me an idea of price for a plainview switch and is it just a case of getting it out of the centre console and swapping terminals / a connector or is it a soldering job?

I'm trying to think ahead and maybe carry a spare with me just in case as mine can take a couple of attempts sometimes...

Thanks,

Apple

PS I'm the guy with the wrx to which you fitted the boot release just after you'd taken over from Max - the day the two shifty blokes turned up from British Gas...

PPS is the power for the boot solenoid taken from the clifford unit or tapped into somewhere else as I seem to have lost my boot light nd it's not the bulb that's gone...

[Edited by Apple - 12/13/2003 11:43:24 PM]
Old 14 December 2003, 12:12 AM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Apple:
Sounds like a good idea carrying a spare, without that switch you are up **** creek big time.

It sounds like a weak spot in the system, could be a mare if you are away from home without your paddle.

Once again thanks for your feedback M8

Old 14 December 2003, 12:13 AM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

scoobyster:
yes it is a system fault, thanks for your reply M8
Old 14 December 2003, 10:17 PM
luddite dave
Scooby Regular

Hiya Apple luddite dave here who fitted your boot release,max had already run the feeds up to the boot ready for the solenoid to be installed but knowing max it will taken from a source up front and fused accordingley.Please feel free to drop by and i'll check the boot switch out and light for you F.O.C.
Old 14 December 2003, 10:27 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Dave,

Thanks for the offer - I'll try to drop in this coming week as I've now finished for Christmas

Apple
Old 19 December 2003, 11:58 AM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

I went to Interpart 74 Broadway, Didcot Oxon. Tel: 1235510513 and saw Andrew, he did a reciprocal deal through R.A.M. in Wakefield to sort out my Clifford C500 alarm install.

Andrew put in a new box that had been modified by Clifford and this was written on the box, he also put in a new plain view switch, it was set up to my requirements with the features I wanted enabled, and the proxies were set up properly.

Andrew told me he had been involved with Clifford for ten years and the product was sound, I found Clifford customer service spot on and would like to than Natalie the customer service advisor for spotting the problem immediately and also R.A.M. for getting things sorted out, obviously the problem was down to a training issue of one of their staff at RAM in Wakefield

So all in all Clifford did well and RAM did their best under the circumstances.

I can recommend Interpart and especially Andrews services as he seems a top bloke for sorting things out.

I see no reason that it should fail again, if it does I will let you all Know, thanks for all your support on Scoobynet through the replies received.

REMEMBER SUBARU WRX’S NEED MODIFIED CLIFFORD C500 BLACKJAX ALARMS!