Notices

Clifford Concept 500 - proximity adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2007, 11:03 AM
Dr.No
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clifford Concept 500 - proximity adjustment?

I've found this info somewhere before, but can't find it when I need it!!! The prox sensor on my car is going off every now and again, and I want to turn the sensitivity down a bit...

I know it's done using the master remote, but I can't find the instructions for exactly how to do it.

I've got the C600 instructions from clifford.com but that doesn't seem to work...

Anyone got the specific C500 instructions for remotely adjusting the sensitivity of the "Digital Dual Zone Proximity Sensor 4"

Thanks

DN
Old 19 June 2007, 12:26 PM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

Sensor Adjustment
Digital Dual-Zone Proximity Sensor 4
The Concept 600 is equipped with our unique Digital Dual-Zone Proximity Sensor that uses digital signal processing to detect movement inside the passenger compartment and very near the vehicle. If a thief were to break a window and either enter or lean into the passenger compartment, the primary zone of this sensor would trigger the full alarm. However, if a thief brought his hands and face to the window a warning tone would sound.
Be aware that the Proximity Sensor uses radar waves to detect movement. These waves pass through nonmetallic materials like plastic, carpet, glass and wood. However, metal and metallic-coloured paint, metallic-coloured plastic and even some metallic window tinting materials will interfere with or completely block the radar waves. As such, it is not unusual that the Proximity Sensor zones require some adjustment after installation. In some instances, you may need to try a different location for the sensor. Since any metal objects above or near the Proximity Sensor will have a significant impact on operation, warn your customer never to place coins, CDs, cassettes (due to the iron oxide tape) or other metallic objects above or near where the sensor is mounted.

1. Turn off any fluorescent lights that may interfere with the sensitivity testing of the Concept 600’s radar sensor.
2. Disarm the system with the remote control.
3. Transmit channel 16 on the master remote (LevelShift three times, then button 4). You will hear one chirp and the LED will turn on.
4. Test the Proximity Sensor’s primary zone by rapidly leaning through an open window into the passenger compartment. You will hear a siren chirp when the primary zone is triggered. This should not occur near the window, but instead when you would be in a position to touch the car stereo.
To change the sensitivity of the primary zone, press and release button 2 to increase sensitivity or button 4 to decrease sensitivity.
To rapidly increase or decrease several steps, press and hold the button. For each sensitivity increase, you will hear a higher and
higher pitched confirmation chirp. For each sensitivity decrease, you will hear a lower and lower pitched confirmation chirp. Two
LoudChirps indicate minimum and maximum settings of the 32-step range of settings. You may now press button 3 to adjust the
warning zone, or press button 1 to fully exit the Proximity Sensor adjustment mode (you will hear 3 chirps).
To change the sensitivity of the warning zone, press button 3 (you’ll hear 1 chirp). Then use the same procedure as above, but this
time, rapidly bring your hands and face to the window as a thief would to see what’s inside. The sensitivity of the warning zone
should be set so that it is triggered when your face and hands are within a few inches of the window, no further. When done, press
button 1 to reselect the primary zone (you will hear 2 chirps), then button 1 again to fully exit Proximity Sensor adjustment mode
(you will hear 3 chirps).
5. Repeat the preceding steps as required. An improperly adjusted sensor will cause the Concept 600 to false alarm or not respond
properly to a genuine threat. Keep in mind that you may need to reposition the sensor, possibly after the customer has had the
system for several days.

Last edited by Jesus H; 19 June 2007 at 01:56 PM. Reason: cleanup
Old 19 June 2007, 12:42 PM
MrShades
Scooby Regular

It's in the Concept 600 (or might be 400) manual on the clifford.com site - anyway, have a look through em all and you'll find one that pretty much says the above...
Old 19 June 2007, 06:44 PM
Dr.No
Scooby Regular

Thanks chaps - adjusted it now and it seems pretty quiet again.

Cool

DN