Notices

Tracker UK - Don't Bother

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2001, 09:42 PM
Madman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Ordered a Tracker two weeks ago when i got my WRX.

When the instalation confirmation arrived the reg and phone numbers for my car were wrong.

Then had the morning off today as I was told they would be here at 9am to instal it. Yeah right. Rang them at 11am to find out what was happening to be told

"your shown as having it installed this after noon".

"But I've got to go back to work I advise them."

"well it will have to be after Christmas now then sir"

After I politely informed the person on the other end of the phone that my confidence in their company was severly dented I cancelled the order, rang my local Navtrak installer who fitted the system this afternoon.

From what I have read on these pages and looking at their sight it might have been fate anyway - Navtrak looks a far better system.

But to think I could have had it installed two weeks ago rather than sleeping in the car a night.

Forget Tracker - get Navtrak.
Old 29 December 2001, 02:49 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Madman's obviously had a bad experience which can happen to anyone. However to keep things balanced, my car came with Tracker already fitted. I phoned up to transfer ownership - done without fuss in less than 10 mins for £30 (and £90 for the years subscription to the fully automatic Tracker system). They've managed to contact me despite living at three different addresses over the last few months and I've even had a letter from them advising that they would like to carry out a free expection to make sure that the installtion is OK - can't say fairer than that.

All the trackers use basically the same technology (I believe though that Tracker is the only one that can be traced by every policeforce (i.e. cars fitted with the necessary tracking equipment) in the UK (that may have changed, but it certainly used to be the case))

Madman's experience is pretty bad, but I would hope that it isn't a general thing.

Chris
Old 02 January 2002, 03:21 PM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

madman... navtrak aren't perfect either... had a friend who had the choice to make, was going to go for tracker horizon thing and then navtrak promised to install it earlier...

they did but it took three days to get it working and even then it didn't work properly... they all have 'off days' but whatever you do make sure you check it's working now and then (i.e. the active bit if thats the one you've got, thats the part that didn't work on my friends!)

M
Old 02 January 2002, 05:06 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Can I echo Chris L's point, some things work, some things dont... When products are produced in large numbers, the law of probability states chances are some will fail. Its the same with loadsa things...some peeps have back experiences, others are over-joyed with theirs.
Old 05 January 2002, 02:29 PM
Madman
Scooby Regular

OK, OK, I know what you're saying - but now they've taken the money from my credit card - after I cancelled the order.

mattski2 - thanks for the advice - I've checked and it's working fine