Accident

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2006, 01:20 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accident

Hi folks,

My car was recently hit very hard by a passing vehicle. It was hit hit directly into the front drivers side wheel. The car is still in the process of being repaired, 6 weeks later, a company called 'helphire' not very helpful if you ask me, are dealing with it, anyway that's a different story i may give you another day.

After the accident the alarm and turbo timer started playing up. The symptons are; when the the alarm is disarmed and the door opened it starts bleeping - when it is then re-activated it continues to bleep for a bit then goes off. The turbo timer is also not functioning properly.

The independant vehicle assessers, who are acting for Helphire, say that It is not a result of the accident...which I know it is.

Anyway, my point is, is there any wiring near the drivers side wheel and suspension area and also near the front area of the wing that may have been damaged/shortaged, as this is the area that was damaged?

I would apprciate any info.

Regards

James
Old 23 August 2006, 06:45 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

What model and year is the car and do you know what alarm system is fitted?

SS
Old 23 August 2006, 10:36 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

oopps!

Forgot to post vehicle details.

MY99 UK Turbo with sigma alarm, the standard fit one.

Thanks for that SS.

James
Old 24 August 2006, 12:37 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Mmm.
Well the bonnet switch and siren are both mounted to a bracket on the OSF inner wing on the 99MY.
Its possible that the bonnet switch is damaged or out of adjustment now with the bonnet no-longer pushing the switch to an "open circuit" position with the bonnet closed.
The only thing here, is that this would make no difference to the operation of the alarm system until armed - then, as you describe, even with all the doors etc closed the alarm would bleep repeatedly for 30 secs before triggering.
The only time the siren would bleep (twice only) when a door is opened is if the Auto Arm feature has been turned on.

Firstly check that the bleeps you are hearing when opening a door aern't the 2-bleeps usually heard to warn that the Auto arm feature is turned on.
Secondly check the bonnet switch operation - arm the system with the bonnet open and all other doors shut. The siren should bleep repeatedly. Depress the bonnet switch located on the bracket at the OSF inner wing and the bleping should stop. This confirms that the switch itself is working.
Repeat the above, but this time shut the bonnet during the continued bleeping. The bleeping should stop when the bonnet is fully shut - if not then the switch /bracket is out of adjustment.

cant really speak for the Turbo Timer, but if it monitors door/ boot /bonnet inputs then this may also effect it's operation.

SS
Old 24 August 2006, 07:20 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that SS. Sounds like the engineers are right jobsworth's if they refuse to authorise the repair of my alarm, especially as the impact was on that side!

******g insurance.

Thanks again

James