Notices

Help Me sigma sam

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2006, 04:15 PM
Matyp
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me sigma sam

I have gone threw thew manual and it says that wire 3 can be used to get a - when holding down fob when disarming.

However it dont say how to turn this feture on. can you please advise
Old 25 May 2006, 10:03 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

I'll do my best, but it could be a little trickier than just programming. Can you give me a bit more info...

Just so I have an idea of what wires will be present in the loom, can you tell me if this a UK supplied car with the standard fit M30, and if so what model year?

Wire 3 is usually a constant negative output whilst the alarm is armed (to switch accessories that need to see when the alarm is armed), but can be programmed to give a negative output whilst the radio key button is kept pressed when disarming (to operate boot release etc)
If it's window closers you're wanting, then wire 4 would be required to operate these correctly.

If you can let me know what it is that you want the alarm to switch, then I can confirm the best wire to use, before advising the necessary programming sequence.

SS
Old 25 May 2006, 12:02 PM
Matyp
Scooby Newbie

Thanks sigma sam,

Its actualy a shop bought m30. i have found the wiers i need.

I wish to use wire 3 to make a - on holding down the fob after dissarm and rig my boot popper to it.
Old 25 May 2006, 12:19 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

OK, thats fine with regard the use of wire 3.
Just remember that the negative output is only low current (<300mA) so can't be used to power the solenoid directly.
If the boot opener you are intending to use has a live , an earth and a separate activation input (negative) then you should be ok, otherwise you will need to use a relay.

The bad news is that this output can only be activated on wire 3 using the CP3 programmer and not the keypad.
The reason for this is that the boot release feature was introduced to the M30 system after the programming function codes were assigned, so a keypad function code does not exist - it's the only item that cannot be adjusted with the keypad!

You will need to ask a Sigma dealer to activate this feature. The CP3 connects to the M30 via the LED so no trim need be removed and should only take 30 seconds, so should not be costly.

You can contact our sales desk on 0870 160 7795 who should be able to advise you of your nearest dealer - just make sure that it is a Sigma dealer and not a Toad dealer as only a Sigma dealer will have the necessary CP3 programmer.

SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 25 May 2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old 25 May 2006, 12:41 PM
Matyp
Scooby Newbie

will the CP1 do the job?
Old 25 May 2006, 03:18 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Yep - sorry CP3 is latest name for the new version with additional software for the S-Series.
The CP1 will do your M30 fine, aslong as it's not very old software in it - ie before the boot release function was introduced.

Arm then disarm the alarm system and connect the CP1 lead over the alarm's dashboard LED.
Type *17856*99# into the keypad within 30 seconds of disarming the system and then turn the CP1 on.
Go into "Display alter Options" and turn the "Boot Release" feature on. scroll through the other screens until "Store Settings and Turn Off" appears then press yes and wait for the "Finished" message to be displayed before disconnecting the CP1.
The "Boot Release" output should now be active on wire 3.

SS