Notices

clifford concept 600 - no chirp

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2005, 11:52 PM
bashman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clifford concept 600 - no chirp

Had clifford concept 600 in my subaru for a while now, never had any problems until recently. It's decided to stop chirping when I arm or disarm. Everything else works fine, including the siren.
An audible chirp can be heard when in programming mode and i have tried turning it back on in user selected features still with no luck.

Anybody got and ideas what it could be?
Old 01 May 2005, 06:28 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

battery in the siren is dead. The alarm controls the other sounds, programming chirps, alarm trigger sound etc, but the arm/disarm beeps are done by the siren. Take it back to your dealer, should be warranty if you had it fitted.
Old 02 May 2005, 08:35 PM
bashman
Scooby Regular

alarm is about 3 years old so doubt if its under warranty anymore. Have managed to take the siren apart and remove the battery today so just got to search for the right replacement battery now. thanks
Old 02 May 2005, 09:45 PM
chrome
Scooby Regular

or you may (like me) have a siren that was obliterated by a stone...
my main siren works fine.. just the bit that chirps doesnt exist.
It's kind of stealthy
Old 03 May 2005, 01:23 PM
FirebirdUK
Scooby Regular

If it isn't your battery, this feature can be turned on/off via your remote also...

Depending on your remote type:

If you've got one of the newer ones with a "Clifford" button, press this twice followed by the * (Arm) key - the light should flash. This alternates turning the chips on and off.

If you've got the remote with a left shift button (the little button on the left of the remote) - press this button twice followed by the Arm/Disarm button. Should perform the same as above...

You might have pressed this sequence without knowing whilst the keys were in your pocket...
Old 03 May 2005, 02:29 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

For the longest time mine hasn't chirped either. I've been told its the battery too.

However, mine also refuses to chirp to say its in program mode. I think its going into program mode as some things will change but I've tried activating back jax (I assume its std on a 600?) without success. The only beeps I get is if the alarm has been set off (3 beeps)

Think RS do the right battery apparently. PLEASE PLEASE post how you get on. In the not too distant future I might be selling and an ill-functioning alarm may put people off.

Another issue is that auto-roll up on the windows is delayed on the drivers side by about 10 seconds and if all the way down always leave about 4 inches gap at the top.

Last edited by EddScott; 03 May 2005 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03 May 2005, 02:50 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bashman
alarm is about 3 years old so doubt if its under warranty anymore. Have managed to take the siren apart and remove the battery today so just got to search for the right replacement battery now. thanks
If you were the original purchaser the alarm has a life time warranty.
Old 04 May 2005, 08:35 PM
bashman
Scooby Regular

unfortunately i was not the original purchaser of the alarm so no warranty

ive taken the battery out and got the part number off it but im having trouble finding a suitable battery. just waiting for one more company to phone me back who think they can help. any body got any ideas who else to phone to get the battery?

i have pics and part numbers off the battery if anybody needs them.
Siren is very easy to get apart, which is quite worrying as i believe this is the battery back up for the alarm!
Old 05 May 2005, 07:15 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FirebirdUK
If it isn't your battery, this feature can be turned on/off via your remote also...

Depending on your remote type:

If you've got one of the newer ones with a "Clifford" button, press this twice followed by the * (Arm) key - the light should flash. This alternates turning the chips on and off.

If you've got the remote with a left shift button (the little button on the left of the remote) - press this button twice followed by the Arm/Disarm button. Should perform the same as above...

You might have pressed this sequence without knowing whilst the keys were in your pocket...
This does not disable the chirps, well it does but not really. All this does is put the alarm in valet mode. To use silent arm/disarm on the G5 remotes then its the ** button, on the older type it is button 3 or the padlock button and the * button together.
Old 05 May 2005, 07:17 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

Siren is very easy to get apart, which is quite worrying as i believe this is the battery back up for the alarm!
The alarm does not have any battery back up. The siren does which is done by the battery you are changing.
Old 12 May 2005, 11:52 AM
bashman
Scooby Regular

managed to find somewhere eventually that sells the batteries, http://www.creasefield.co.uk/ can supply them for £18 + vat
Old 13 May 2005, 11:03 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Thats great bashman. Wants the weather picks up, I'll be taking my alarm apart too.

let us know if it cures the problem.

Old 15 May 2005, 06:37 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

It's decided to stop chirping when I arm or disarm.
I know this thread has been active for a while but today I think I've stumbled across the root cause and fix, having experienced the same problem with my MR2 and it's Concept 300.

I think it may well be the siren's internal battery -- mine's been disconnected from a 12v supply for months and today (having been reconnected) it chirps again!

In June last year the car had some work done on it over in Essex and when I got it back it didn't want to chirp. Whether I played with the fob or connected to the brain using the Clifford software via my laptop, no chirps would sound, whether set to off/on again, loud or quiet. Everything else with the alarm seemed fine.

Going with the hypothesis that when the car's battery was re-connected a short circuit occurred, I even tried the battery off for 30 mins hoping the alarm would reset. No joy.

Since getting my Classic though the MR2 has been neglected and sat doing nothing for 4 months, with both the car and siren batteries going flat. Today I injected life back into the motor and to my delight the alarm now works fine.

I suspect a short circuit did initially occur (or some condition which just confused the alarm's brain) and for it to reset correctly the whole unit needed to be drained of all power.

Bashman, perhaps you just need to disconnect the siren battery, re-seat, and see what happens..?

Jonts.
Old 20 May 2005, 07:17 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the new battery work?
Old 21 May 2005, 11:51 AM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fizz
Did the new battery work?
Hopefully he didn't need it if he caught my post in time.

Jonts.
Old 04 June 2005, 02:45 PM
kully_turbo
Scooby Newbie

Talking

Originally Posted by Jonty
Hopefully he didn't need it if he caught my post in time.

Jonts.
Chaps i had the same problem with my clifford the way i resolved it was like this and this works so give it a try before u buy a new battery:

1. remove siren from holding.
2. slice black wire leading to siren, becareful not to cut any of the wires inside.
3. locate the RED wire.
4. cut the RED wire then strip the siren end and attach a long piece of wire from the siren (RED wire) to the car battery.
5. leave like this for 40 mins.
6. disconnect the wire from the battery, and solder the RED wire back together. Cover with black tape and replace siren to holding.
7. YOUR DONE TEST SIREN

NOTE:- PUT ALARM IN VALET MODE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope this helps you lot out, it worked for me and i didn`t have to buy a BATTERY

SEE YA
Old 07 June 2005, 11:54 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kully_turbo
Chaps i had the same problem with my clifford the way i resolved it was like this and this works so give it a try before u buy a new battery:

1. remove siren from holding.
2. slice black wire leading to siren, becareful not to cut any of the wires inside.
3. locate the RED wire.
4. cut the RED wire then strip the siren end and attach a long piece of wire from the siren (RED wire) to the car battery.
5. leave like this for 40 mins.
6. disconnect the wire from the battery, and solder the RED wire back together. Cover with black tape and replace siren to holding.
7. YOUR DONE TEST SIREN

NOTE:- PUT ALARM IN VALET MODE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope this helps you lot out, it worked for me and i didn`t have to buy a BATTERY

SEE YA

So what does this doe exactly... do you leave the black wire disconnected?? and the red wire goes to positive or negative on the car battery
Old 16 June 2005, 05:57 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

any progress??
Old 21 June 2005, 07:16 PM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

I thought that meant the battery in the remote is running low on juice?
Old 22 June 2005, 09:36 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Mine wouldn't even let me in two days ago. Stood next to it with the siren going outside Tesco for 20 mins.

Can't be bothered messing with it, its being ripped out for a toad 606. Might be cheap but had one in my GTIR for 3 years and it never gave a single issue.
Old 29 June 2005, 11:39 PM
bashman
Scooby Regular

ive tried all methods posted on here and tried fitting a new battery and still no chirps!
dealer thinks it may need a completely new siren so have ordered one off ebay, fingers crossed that will fix it
Old 30 June 2005, 09:53 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

ive tried all methods posted on here and tried fitting a new battery and still no chirps!
dealer thinks it may need a completely new siren so have ordered one off ebay, fingers crossed that will fix it

Thanks for the update. Please let us know how you get on. I suspect in my case the alarm needs replacing altogether. I had a look for the brain of the alarm and the wires are a right mess - its been installed by a colour blind monkey!!

Also cost the first owner £800 too.
Old 01 July 2005, 07:16 PM
bashman
Scooby Regular

new siren fitted and it still doesnt work
only think left to change is the main alarm brain box but for the price of that i can have new toad alarm fitted!