Notices

urgent clifford alarm info please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 25 December 2004, 04:13 PM
Scoobnov2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default urgent clifford alarm info please!!!

changed the battery in the remote yesterday and was working fine. just tryed to disarm it a minute ago and does not disarm!! it 's a clifford concept 400, do i have to reprograme it or somthing??

urgent advice neede please as i'm stuck at home at mo!!!

cheers.
Old 25 December 2004, 04:37 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

try the Clifford USA website as they used to have manuals online - you might find something...

I know when you change the car battery you have to disarm it first so it powers back up disarmed - is it similar for the remote?
Old 25 December 2004, 04:53 PM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

Try to fiddle about with the battery I fitted a new one and had no problems. Or taken the circuit thing out of the plastic case and press the button from the circuit. You may not have relocated everything properly. It happened to a collegue at work with her Saab key fob. Hope that helps.
Old 25 December 2004, 08:15 PM
teknobod
Scooby Regular

A common fault on the remotes due to the type of battery fitted (large flat lithium CR2032 type) is the battery contact sometimes becomes dry jointed where it solders into the pcb. I've resoldered quite a few of these in the past.

Regards

Andy
Old 26 December 2004, 03:07 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will probaly have lost the "identity" of the fob, you will need to read the manual to see how to get it back in tune with the system, you may also need the main fob.

Tony
Old 26 December 2004, 04:15 PM
Carl2
Scooby Regular

http://www.clifford.com/guides/other.asp
Old 27 December 2004, 02:40 AM
Scoobnov2
Scooby Regular

Red face

Thanks for all who responded.

Latest update:

I have recently moved into a 3 bed semi which has a single garage at the rear and is accsessed via the shared service road. The garage has seen better day's and will be getting demolished next summer to make way for a nice new one...but until then I'm having to use it to store the scoob as front parking space is taken up with my van.

Started a few weeks ago when I put the wife's motor (328ci) in there overnight. went to start it up next morning and alarm fob (standard BMW item) would not disarm the alarm?? In the end i unlocked the door manually and moved the car outside to the front of the house and when i checked the alarm again ,,,it was respoding fine!!

Sold the BM recently and put the scoob in the garage the other night and had the same problem the next day which is when i posted this request for help (Yesterday afternoon). I the end, i left the car in the garage yesterday and the damn fob just would not disarm the alarm and we ended up getting a cab to a friends house for xmas dinner.

Tryed to disarm it this afternoon and same problem with the car not responding in any way, after many try's and much embarresment with the neigbours and my alarm blasting constantly, it finally disarmed after many presses of the fob. Started the car and drove out towards the front of the house and switched off ignition and tryed the arm/disarm againg and it worked fine!!???

Went out the evening and had no problems at all with the system responding perfectly to the remote all the time. Got home and parked out on the street and agin....no problems at all with the remote arming or disarming the system...even from a great distance!.

So what the hell is going on????

1. Is it something the do with the garage stopping the signal getting through from the remote or something?? i know this may sound crazy but the whole situation has baffled me.... I 've checked in the clifford manual, and there is no special procedure for changing the battery in the remote which i have done.

2. Is it and intermidiate fault of some sort on the system or the remote?

3. Is my garage haunted!!LOL

Also...the chirps have dissapearded when you arm/disarm the system, only the indicators flash.

All reply's much appriciated guy's...I knew new I could count on fellow scooby netters for a quick response!

cheers.
Old 27 December 2004, 05:23 AM
drjsd
Scooby Regular

I parked my WRX with the standard alarm outside a police station. Bloody thing wouldn't arm, so I left it all day thinking the battery was flat and there may be enough charge if left for a while.

End of the day and still wouldn't work and couldn't disarm the automatic immobiliser, so phoned up the Assistance people. First thing they said was "Do you have an antenna in front of you?". Looked up to find the mother and father of all antennas on top of the police station.

Eventually got carried 200yds down the road and it fired first time. Apparently very common for the antennas to do this to Subarus, although God only knows how the other thousand cars at the police station cope!

Don't know whether this helps, but either way, it's bloody stupid!
Old 27 December 2004, 08:57 AM
teknobod
Scooby Regular

It does sound as though it is interference from outside such as a nearby transmitter etc, but I can't figure out why it only stops working while it is in the garage.

When the problem does happen though you could always disarm the alarm with the valet switch.

Regards

Andy
Old 12 January 2005, 11:15 AM
Mark@Clifford/Directed
Scooby Newbie

Did you manage to ressolve this or do you still need help?