Notices

What type of alarm have i got ?

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2004, 05:49 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What type of alarm have i got ?

Hi, just been reading thru some of the discussion in this section and it suddenly dawned on me ....that i dont really know what type of security i have...

I bought the MY02 WRX about 3 months ago, it was sale from a car trader. He told me that the alarm had been upgraded to a Sigma alarm/immoboliser system, and to avoid confusion the battery had been removed from the ignition key, and i was to use this 'other' key fob device. I thought nothing more of it, as everything seemed, and still does work ok.

So my ignition key has no battery, so the button does nothing. THe other keyfob is about 3/4 the size of a lighter, it has the Subaru logo on it and one button, on the reverse there is code 'Type AC 38 Sigma'. Anyone know what this means, what type of alarm it is ?

There is also a small keypad to the left of the steering wheel, what do i do with this ?, i guess its related to the original alarm system ?...i dunno..infact thinking about it i dont even know that the 'code' is to use it ?...where can i get this information from...

so many questions.....

thanks for any help guys

m
Old 22 August 2004, 05:58 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by molko
Hi, just been reading thru some of the discussion in this section and it suddenly dawned on me ....that i dont really know what type of security i have...

I bought the MY02 WRX about 3 months ago, it was sale from a car trader. He told me that the alarm had been upgraded to a Sigma alarm/immoboliser system, and to avoid confusion the battery had been removed from the ignition key, and i was to use this 'other' key fob device. I thought nothing more of it, as everything seemed, and still does work ok.

So my ignition key has no battery, so the button does nothing. THe other keyfob is about 3/4 the size of a lighter, it has the Subaru logo on it and one button, on the reverse there is code 'Type AC 38 Sigma'. Anyone know what this means, what type of alarm it is ?

There is also a small keypad to the left of the steering wheel, what do i do with this ?, i guess its related to the original alarm system ?...i dunno..infact thinking about it i dont even know that the 'code' is to use it ?...where can i get this information from...

so many questions.....

thanks for any help guys

m
Ooops i meant to say the small keypad is to the right of the steering wheel....
Old 23 August 2004, 11:56 AM
OBH6UK
Scooby Regular

It's probably a Sigma M30:

http://www.sigmacaralarms.com/
Old 23 August 2004, 09:02 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

Yep, sounds like the Sigma M30 alarm as fitted standard on UK imprezas and retro-fitted with seperate key fob on EU imprezas brought to the UK. You will need the pin code to operate the key pad, Sigma (Toad) should be able to get this for you if you have the serial number, if you need a copy of the operating instructions for the MC30, drop me a PM and I will copy for you.
Old 24 August 2004, 07:07 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

thanks for the help guys, where do i locate the serial number for the alarm system ?....

Do we have a contact number for Sigma/Toad

thankss
Old 24 August 2004, 08:57 PM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

I have a Sigma M30 in MY99, and have been looking at the link above. It says you can have (Interior And/Or Exterior Lights Illumination On System Arm) but how do I get this to work on mine.
Old 24 August 2004, 09:17 PM
Greeny01
Scooby Regular

I'm so glad someone asked this question as I was wondering exactly the same thing! I just picked up my 02 wrx and the keyfob didn't have a battery in it either. To be honest I havent checked to see if the separate keyring with the single button opened the doors, I just bought a battery for the keyfob instead!

Iain
Old 09 September 2004, 07:11 AM
Keef69
Scooby Regular

Default Sigma codes

Sounds like some of you guys could do with the codes for your keypad. These show you how to programme the remotes, turn on/off the various features, as mentioned, including locking the doors automatically on start up etc. Mail me at bullkeith@aol.com and I'll send a copy in Word format.

Keith