Notices

Is there an alarm that will ring you if triggered?

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2001, 08:39 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had my rear window smashed and briefcase stolen. Did the alarm go off? No. And I was only 20 yards away in PC World. Ultrasonics useless (standard UK00 Sigma Thatcham One). So that's got to be fixed.

But is there an alarm that will call your mobile if it goes off?

And can you get one with different siren tones, so you know when it's yours?

And can you then press a button and send 50,000 volts through the steering wheel? Or maybe release an ejector seat? Okay, only joking on the last point, but any help greatly appreciated.

I can feel a trip to Max in Leeds coming on. Any ideas, Max?

Thanks in advance.

Richard.
Old 21 September 2001, 09:24 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

You can couple your alarm to a pager, which will beep so long as you are within a certain range of your car.

See
Old 21 September 2001, 10:51 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Hoppy

I know of a remotely programable tracking device that has additional sensor inputs & is about the size of a packet of ****.

Essentially it will call your mobile if things happen - geofencing, alarm going off, whatever you want. You can also got positional info from it as well - good if you were ever to let Junior out on his own or prehaps if he exceeded a certain speed (35mph )

Downsides are that it is relatively expensive - you have to provide the SIM/network charges - there is no bureau & you either recover the car yourself ( ) or liase with the plod.

Mail me if interested.
Old 22 September 2001, 09:58 AM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

I've been told that Clifford are working on an add on which will dial your mobile. Not available yet but my dealer told me soon.
Old 22 September 2001, 12:15 PM
kryten
Scooby Regular

Cliffords have selectable siren tones and microwave sensors. Also anti-hijack if you're getting paranoid. They used to do a pager but I think it was dropped (probably due to DTI regs).

They also have extra outputs, so if you wanted to trigger some sort of mega voltage, you could, though probably would end up doing time

Don't think I've seen a device that will call a mobile. In theory, it should be pretty simple to do (Hmmm, thinks, cheap pay as you go phone, rewired keyboard set on emergency dial, single input from alarm....)
Old 22 September 2001, 02:28 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
Wow! Thanks guys for the quick response. Loads of good info here and a great link. Looks like a pager, BlackJax and some form of tracker is the way to go.

What a sad reflection on the state of our society all this is.

Cheers again

Richard.
Old 26 September 2001, 05:02 PM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

Yes, getting a Clifford Concept 500/600 is definitley the way to go. There are a multitude of radio pagers available, some good, some not so good. It's pretty pointless having notification when you're more than a mile away though, but if you like, I've lashed a couple of old Nokia 5110's to Cliffords now so it will actually ring you. All you need to do is find an old 5110 handset (or similar Nokia handset that has a speed dial facility), get a pay as you go SIM for it, have someone like me interface it with the alarm, program it's number into your own mobile so that when your car rings you, you know your alarm is going off. Sounds pretty simple, and to be truthful, it's not that hard to do. I got the idea from a customer of mine asking whether it could be done or not. Asking me questions like that is like showing a red rag to a bull (-:
Old 26 September 2001, 05:57 PM
bob gray
Scooby Regular

Cool

my mate has made a add on to his alarm , which rings him.it cost him less than a tenner, uses a T10 mobile on pay as you go.
when the alarm goes off it rings his other mobile to let him know. his alarm is not a top one but he says it can be fitted to any with a 12 volt output.