Notices

How do you adjust internal sensor on Clifford Concept 500

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2001, 03:45 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I have a re-occuring false alarm which says it is caused by the digital tilt sensor (3 flashes), but this sensor isn't fitted to the concept 500 so I rang the installer of my system and he said that the system reports the internal cabin sensor as the inclinometer!!! He suggested turning down the internal sensor a bit and see how it goes. I would take it in but the dealer is many miles from where I live and it seems a waste of time/petrol to drive down just to get the sensor adjusted when I know it can be adjusted at home. He says the instructions are in the manual but I can't find them anywhere and the installers are off work today so I can't ask them.

Anyone know how to do it or has anyone else had a similar problem with this?

Charlie H
Old 03 August 2001, 04:25 PM
Chris.Palmer
Scooby Regular

If you think it is the proximity sensor why not simply test it.

For most Subaru installs the most sensitive area is the passenger window.

Arm the alarm with the passenger window open - approach car slowly outer zone should give warning chirp (usually at a distance within the mirrors up to the glass). Then lean into car to set off the inner zone and the alarm.

Disarm and see if you get error code three, I would be surprised if you do, you should get 1 flash - proximity sensor).

Altering the proximity sensor is supposed to be an installer only option (its not in the user manual). If you really do need to change it e-mail me offline & I'll send you some instructions.

Regards,

Chris
Old 03 August 2001, 05:32 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Cheers Chris, I thought it should be one flash and I'm having serious doubts about the installers as it's been back 5 times since last Sept for the bonnet switch looking at. In the end, Craig from the bbs got me a plastic bodied one and I've had no problem since. They are VSIB approved, which I checked before it was installed but are based in Wakefield, which is a fair old trek for me just to have it set up. I might try giving Max at Max impact in Leeds a ring as he is regarded ont this bbs as the king of scooby/clifford installs.

I'll set the alarm off this weekend and see what I get
Old 03 August 2001, 10:41 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
charlie,
go to
Old 04 August 2001, 10:57 AM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Cheers, I'll try it out if I ever stop being called out by work
Old 06 August 2001, 08:50 AM
Chris.Palmer
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by albob:
<B>charlie,
[snip]
i have adjusted mine but its a 300 and i suspect different to yours. it was situated under the cup holder thingy between the front seats. little black box with a white trimmer screw in the middle (potentiometer), just screw it out (turn left) a smidge
chrs alan[/quote]

The 500 (& 600) has the dual zone proximity sensor IV that is adjusted by the master remote control. No need to dismantle the car.

Old 22 August 2001, 09:49 PM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

You are getting probably the correct diagnostic of three led flashes to say it is the non-existant optional tilt sensor, but could it be you have had a glass tampering sensor fitted? If so, the only sensor input this is compatible with is the tilt sensor input. Hence, any triggers by the glass tampering sensor will show up as the optional tilt sensor in the C500 manual.
Old 24 August 2001, 08:31 AM
Chris.Palmer
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Max the Clifford dealer:
<B>
[Snip]
but could it be you have had a glass tampering sensor fitted[/quote]

I liked that sensor! standard on Concept 50s & 50Xs - I think its a shame they didn't carry it through as a standard component in the Concept 500.
Old 24 August 2001, 03:04 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

They did fit it to my C500 because like Max said, that's what had been going off. It has now been turned down and appears to be ok now