Notices

Track Yourself & Tell It What To Do...

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2001, 09:21 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Came across an interesting device yesterday - one which has a lot of potential...

Essentially a GSM/GPS tracking device, similar to Navtrak & Trackstar etc <B>BUT</B>...

It's about 1/3 the size (easier to hide & Ok bikes?) and is <I>user</I> programable

This device "phones" you when your car has been stolen. You obviously have to report it to the police (recommended) but through optional sensors, you can have it phone you when, say, your alarm goes off before it even moves! You can send it a text/SMS after you've parked up in dodgy area, to tell it to alert you if the car is "bumped". Likewise, send it to be serviced and "geo-fence" it to within 2 miles of the service centre or have it alert you if it does more than 50 mph. You are also able to walk into an Internet caff in Uzbekistan, type in the url/password and find out exactly where your car is and what its doing

This is cutting edge stuff, its not control centred so any offensive action after being alerted is entirely at your own risk (repeat) and it is at the top end of the price range (but sub £1K). Bottom line is that you can interface it with your alarm and have it undertake various actions/reactions on a given set of circumstances pre-programmed or programmed a few mins ago (via your mobile).

Email me if <I>seriously</I> interested.

No commercial affiliation currently

Old 22 August 2001, 11:29 PM
WiseGuy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puff

Is it thatcham approved ? and whats it called
Old 23 August 2001, 01:48 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

I would doubt that it is Thatcham approved as it is the actual thing that does the tracking and is not part of a complete package (like Navtrak/Trackstar/Tracker etc) that can be tested & judged as a whole product & given certification.