Notices

No warning chirps Clifford 500 Help

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2003, 07:57 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

My glass sensor was faulty so it wasnt used, but thats not my main concern now. Ive just recently been having difficulty starting the car its pi..ing me off. I deactivate the alarm, put key in ignition turn it over & nothing, re-peated tries at turning the key & then its starts either by luck or something? I will be checking the starter motor just in case any lose wires but i doubt its that. This reminds me of when i had an immobilizer on my bmw which created similiar starting problems, one of the relay thingys would get stuck (two switch type things)not letting any current through. Dont no what could be causing this on my clifford. Mind you evertime ive disarm or de-immobilzed put the key in, the lights on my dash light up & one second after i hear a click sound. I also noticed that i would have to waited until ive heard this click or 1-2 seconds after the dash lights up then the car would start once the key was fully turned.

[Edited by ticky - 11/9/2003 8:18:28 PM]
Old 02 November 2003, 05:27 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Question

Ive tried adjusting the dual proximity sensor on my cliff 500 by using the master remote but it seems its already on maxium setting beeping twice from what i can remember from the instructions. The reason behind this is that theres no warning chirps if i stand close to the car even if I thump the window or even shake the car. Can this be due were it is installed/ positioned. Were should it actually be positioned. Ive found were the installer has placed it but im in doubt now that it should be there.
Old 03 November 2003, 07:16 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

The prox will not pick up movement of the car (you shaking it) or thumping the window, it need body mass moving. The sensor should be mounted ideally on metal in a reasonably central part of the car.
Old 03 November 2003, 08:03 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Are you saying that by walking pass the car very closely it should sense that & chirp or not. My dps is placed on body under central arm rest. Basically I want it to chirp if i tap the window or lighty tap the car so will i need another type of sensor & what can i do to make the one i got work better. Thanks Ticky
Old 03 November 2003, 09:29 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

Yes if you walk close to the car it should pick that up, sounds like it has been fitted ok though. What you want is a dual zone shock sensor, you would have to use one that is not remotely adjustable so the one from the C100 would do the job.
Old 09 November 2003, 12:27 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

I had a problem with my c500 and the unit was replaced as it was a month or two old, so they do go faulty.

One of the problems you can have is that the glass smash sensor microphone is set to sensitive, what happens is the outer zone chirps and the glass smash sensor hears it and it goes into full alarm mode.

Remedy turn down the glass smash sensitivity a little, I believe it is mounted on the side of the sensor itself.

Dual Proxies set off by body mass at the windows and inside, glass smash sound, hope this helps.