Notices

Toad 4 button fob covers

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2003, 04:52 PM
planky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

This guy sells 2 button ones,perhaps he can get the 4 buttons ones,thats if toad sells them?? give him a ring ask. http://www.autoelectronics.freeserve.co.uk/alarms.htm

[Edited by planky - 9/8/2003 4:53:41 PM]
Old 08 September 2003, 03:11 PM
newbie_scoobie
Scooby Regular

Question

hi,
Just had an aftermarket Toad installed, keyfob has 4 buttons, but I don't like the colour of the key fobs I got (green) and would like to buy replacements (2 off). Seems v.v. simple to change the covers, but I cannot find anywhere locally or on the net that supplies different colours (or any replacements at all for that matter).
Can anyone advise? looking for one as close to WR blue as poss, and a pinkish one for the missus.

Cheers,

Col
Old 09 September 2003, 02:21 PM
newbie_scoobie
Scooby Regular

Cheers,
I gave Toad a phone, and apparently they do not make them. No reason given, and no plans to produce them in the future (even although they admit there is a market for this type of thing as they produce 162 different designs for the two button remotes).

Best suggestion they could make would be to cut two of the buttons off and squeeze what's left into a two button cover....like I'm going to do that.....duh.

Just need to be stuck with some crappy green ones or might try to see now if someone can paint them...worth a try.

Col
Old 11 September 2003, 10:59 AM
newbie_scoobie
Scooby Regular

Chris,
You can use the 2 button fobs and 'train' them to your alarm, but why would you want to?
The point I was making above was that if you only have 2 button fobs, you are not able to use all of the features of the system.
If I only wanted an alarm with reduced features and 2 buttons, I could have saved myself some money and bought a cheaper alarm.

Col
Old 11 September 2003, 07:08 PM
AlarmsRus
Scooby Regular

Do you really need the bottom 2 buttons as all they are for is optional outputs and silent arm/disarm feature. If you aren`t using them then get a 2 button cover.
Old 12 September 2003, 02:57 PM
Chris J
Scooby Regular

I hardly ever use the two small buttons, in fact only if it's a night so as to stop it beeping, not having them wouldn't really cause me any inconvenience. Out of interest what features other can you activate with the small buttons?
Old 15 September 2003, 10:06 AM
newbie_scoobie
Scooby Regular

I use it loads to disable the ultrasonics but to lock the car and turn the immobiliser on (leaving the baby in the car for 2 mins while optimaxing without the thing going off etc...) I think you can also use them to decode and unlock the system (i.e. battery change sometimes needs a code to be put in to start the alarm system again...some combination of button presses acts as a combination).
I think I will need to stick with the ugly green 4 button fob in the short term.

Col
Old 09 October 2003, 08:49 PM
Chris J
Scooby Regular

can you use the two button FOBs in place of the four button ones, or are they incompatible?

[Edited by Chris J - 9/10/2003 8:50:35 PM]