Notices

Can I Transfer a tracker Monitor???

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2003, 09:37 AM
smanning
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Anyone got any ideas with regarding cost of transferring to another car, or even if it can be done..????

please advise
Old 07 March 2003, 09:43 AM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Talking

No it cant
Old 07 March 2003, 10:35 AM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Angry

I tried this yesterday

The guy i had bought the car from had paid the subscription up to August this year. I phoned to ask them to trasfer the subscription over to my details only to get "you cant transfer subscriptions over, the cost is blah blah blah"

I personally think that sucks. Its paid, whats the problem with changing an address and phone number?

edited cos i cant spell

[Edited by CEL - 3/7/2003 11:02:49 AM]
Old 07 March 2003, 10:38 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

Just feel lucky you can just start a new subscription without having to install a new unit as well.

Old 07 March 2003, 10:40 AM
smanning
Scooby Regular

thats a load of bollocks. I had a siemens trackback on my last car, and they did it no problem.

I know this tracker thing is a conspiracy from the insurance companies. Every year they change their minds and every car I end up buying I have to put on a tracker to satisfy their requirements.. and why? because Im under 25. Well bollox, Im not spending another 400 quid on another tracker when i only installed another one 6 months ago and paid the subscription for a year.

Old 07 March 2003, 10:40 AM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

CEL...im having exactly the same prob witht he tracker on my m3....the guy paid a lifetime subscription for it, but I cant get it transfered over to me..Im kicking off withthem about tit but Im prob just wastin my time...bloody rip off
Old 07 March 2003, 11:56 AM
andycrowther
Scooby Regular

tracker can't be moved from the vehicle once fitted....trackstar can (that's why i bought one)...it's only fair that you have to pay even though somebody else paid lifetime subscription...the lifetime was for them and not anybody else...where would they get any money from ? it's only £100 per year , i hardly think that's too much...the same also applies to lifetime exhausts etc...are they all in a conspiracy then?

Trending Topics

Old 07 March 2003, 12:12 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

Its lifetime of car ownership. not vehicle lifetime, It sucks but it clearly states this in their terms and conditions, if you dont like it choose another service provider that lets you move your tracker from car to car, but be warned some of these make you pay another subscription charge after moving as it is always lifetime of ownership.

You could go with a self maintained one like carbug. but not to sure if the insurance companies recognise these yet. you pays youre money & makes youre choices.

Im going for a tracker monitor on my new car, plan to keep it for 5 years so will take out lifetime subscription, when I sell the car the new owner if they want to can take out another subsciption, and then on my new car i can look at what is available again. do you really want to keep a 5 year old security product anyway ???. it is a good way of keeping uptodate and protecting youre investment as best as possible.

just my 2p worth.
Old 07 March 2003, 12:17 PM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Andy,

We are talking about the subscription here (is there something i dont know about?) I dont want to remove the tracker unit, i want the details on the subscription amended. Thats it!.

Yes the guy i bought it from paid the subscription fee, but i paid him for the car with the tracker already fitted so why does it matter? :confused?

They will get their money from me next time the subscription is up for renewal. Why when its paid for up till august they cant change the details i dont know [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

£100 subscription fees for the year, someone changes thier car after 6 months, then another £100 from the next person and so on. Its a damn rip off
Old 07 March 2003, 12:21 PM
Baby Blue
Scooby Regular

I paid a lifetime subscription when I bought my car only one year ago - £299

Now thinking of changing the car so won't make that mistake again, one years subscription at a time

BB
Old 25 March 2003, 09:49 PM
Dicke C
Scooby Regular

Call Tracker and tell them you have moved, keep the old owners name. After a week call them again and tell them you have changed your name by deedpoll because the police have advised you too, because you are in the identity protection programme....

Old 26 March 2003, 07:56 AM
CEL
Scooby Regular

LOL

No doubt they will have something to say about that too

Old 26 March 2003, 10:38 AM
Dicke C
Scooby Regular

Its fool proof. If they phone the police to check, they will have to say they cannot give out that info of people under protection for obvious reasons...sorted