Notices

Covert Installations and LaserLine alarms

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2002, 10:55 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi
I am taking delivery of an RX7 in february, and have been trying to get an idea of who to use to fit the necessary cat1 alarm/immob, and also research which are good units.
I contacted Covert Installations, who do mobile fitting across the SE (www.covert-installations.co.uk), and wanted to check if anyone had any experience of the company, or of the alarm system they have recommended, the LaserLine 996 v3.

Anything up to £600 will do me fine (a little more if it would make a big difference), the main emphasis being it has features like ani tilt and anything else that helps keep the car on my driveway, the alloys on the car, and is reliable.

Cheers
Graham
Old 30 December 2002, 11:14 PM
dave cos4x4
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,i was going for a 996 and was getting it fitted for just £240,i also seen them in Halfords for £399 fitted.
After a good think and talking to Doctor Clifford,i have now booked my cossie in for a clifford 300 with proximity sensor for just £330,in my opinion very good buy.
If you want to spend more than you can have a clifford 600 with so many things it can do and you can add to it aswell!
Have a look on www.clifford.co.uk and just have a look.

Thanks Dave.
Old 31 December 2002, 12:17 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Cheers Dave, so dr clifford recons a clifford is a better buy?
I dont mind spending a bit on security, as I really want this car, and dont want some pile of dung driving away in it!!

Covert can fit a clifford or toad system too, so may look at the different features, but its difficult to know which one is best.

Dr clifford is a bit of a way for me, as he's in brum I think, so really want someone south east based, or even Newera, who are importing it for me, can fit it, so I may just try and find out the best possible alarm system for the money, and let them do it.
Old 31 December 2002, 03:18 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Motormall, who are prep'ing the vehical after it arrives, can fit a Scorpion "12-18 T2" Cat 1 Alarm/Immobiliser, not sure where that ranks in the world of alarms?
Old 02 January 2003, 10:05 PM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't bother letting your importer arrange to have any security installed, they'll simply be getting the cheapest job done they can get. Take delivery with no security, and take the car yourself to a VSIB accredited installer, preferably one who comes recommended, who will not only take care of their work but also be there for the after-sales service, annual inspections, etc. As our parents always used to say: 'You get what you pay for', but make sure your installer is going to provide all these things that you're paying them for. Make sure you also get all the necessary certification from the installer. If your insurer doesn't need to see this straight away, then in the event you need to make a claim they'll certainly need to see it then! Just saying you had a Cat.1 fitted won't be good enough, obviously.

By the way, as many people will suggest in here, the Clifford Concept 600 should do everything you'd ever need of a system, including the ability to prevent theft even when the keys have been stolen which these days is the way to nick any car.