Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
are they thatch approved?

[Edited by ChristianR - 8/1/2002 12:09:50 PM]
Old 08 January 2002, 12:27 PM
MrScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are working on "Local Enrolment". this means you can add and delete "Prints" from the unit, securely.

[Edited by MrScooby - 8/1/2002 12:29:25 PM]
Old 08 January 2002, 03:48 PM
MrScooby
Scooby Regular

Mccltd, our company has not been formed yet, these are just our design ideas. We just want to see what people think.

[Edited by MrScooby - 8/1/2002 3:49:22 PM]
Old 01 August 2002, 10:11 AM
MrScooby
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Do you all love your motor enough to spend a few quid making sure it's well protected ?

Well our company is about to start production of a new immobiliser which utilizes "Finger Print Reconition Technology"

Basicaly, when you get into you car you have to place you finger or thumb on to the scanner and then once your "Print" has been authenticated you'll be allowed to start the engine.

It works exactly the same as a normal immobiliser but much more Hi-Tech and secure, because if you lose you keys with the keyfob then anyone who finds them can start your car.

Well not anymore.... only the "real" driver and other authorized people are allowed to.

Now as stated above we do not have any units available yet, so obviously no photos. These units will not be available to the public for quite some time yet. So before we go into "Mass" production, we will have a few fully working prototypes available for sale to the members of this board.

The prototypes should be ready within 3-4 months, but obviously demand is going to be high, so it's a first come first served.

Since these units aren't built yet any idea's which we can intergrate into the units would be appreciated.

We have not yet worked out a price for these, but they are expected to retail for the following (APPROX):

Standard - Single "Cut off point" (e.g Fuel) = £500
Deluxe - Double "Cut off points" (e.g Fuel, ignition) = £550
King - Triple "Cut off points" (e.g Fuel, ignition, Starter) = £575

If anyone is interested please let me know

Thanks.
Old 01 August 2002, 10:21 AM
Scooby Snacks
Scooby Regular

Very James Bond.
Excellent idea though and I would say the pricing would be quite reasonable also.
Old 01 August 2002, 10:21 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

Sounds an absolutely cracking idea - excellent for keeping the wife out of PTMW!

I would suggest a quiet word with the Webmaster regarding commercial advertising on this site though

Old 01 August 2002, 10:24 AM
carl
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

http://www.counterpane.com/crypto-gram-0205.html#5
Old 01 August 2002, 10:40 AM
MrScooby
Scooby Regular

Sorry lads, I'll have a chat with the webmaster, sorry
Old 01 August 2002, 11:13 AM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

what if you have a nasty accident with a frying pan and burn your fingers thus removing your prints for a short time..... or you have a cut finger... can the immobilizer be over ridden...

Dan...
Old 01 August 2002, 11:27 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Cool

Or you have an accident in the middle of nowhere, and both thumbs are severely cut on the fingerprint bit. The accident was enough to knock the keys out of the ignition so the engine needs starting again, and the nearest town is 30 miles away. Your mobile phone battery is dead and you have no charger.

One of your mates is with you as passenger, but he doesnt have a mobile (as he doesnt believe in them). However he is a crap driver, so you didnt bother to allow him access to the fingerprint security device.

What now?
Old 01 August 2002, 11:28 AM
MrScooby
Scooby Regular

It's best to register more than one finger from each hand, that way if one gets damaged, use another.

If the normal finger / thumb you use gets cut, the unit should still work unless it's a big gash.

We don't know if we're going to implement a small key pad, to overide the system, just in case both your hands are unavailable, but then again you wouldn't be able to drive if both you hands we badly burn't or cut.

Lee
Old 01 August 2002, 11:41 AM
MrScooby
Scooby Regular

Dream Weaver,

On the ABSOLUTE off chance that happens, then you would probably use the intergrated key pad.

Lee
Old 01 August 2002, 12:05 PM
adamm
Scooby Regular

As long as it still works after eating a KFC bucket - I'd be happy
Old 01 August 2002, 12:08 PM
MrScooby
Scooby Regular

LOL
Old 01 August 2002, 12:12 PM
RaZe-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

In that case you'd best make the keypab buttons big enough to press with your elbow in case some scoobynetter suggest "what if your hands are eaten by a crocodile at the safari park?" etc etc etc....

This will go on for ever :

What if some aliens land and I want to lend them my car? Will their pseudopodia be able to work the keypad? Will the sensor recognice tentacles? Can the keypad be operated by telekenesis?

What about my pet dog's tongue, could he set it off by accident if I smeared peanut butter on it and he licked it off?

If the Queen needed to go for a crap in a bucket on the drivers seat whilst driving my scoob and some spattered onto the detector would she still be able to start the engine afterwards?
Old 01 August 2002, 12:13 PM
MrScooby
Scooby Regular

Not yet, so they would have to be used along side your original alarm/immobiliser for the time being.
Old 01 August 2002, 12:23 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
bit expensive in my opinion... as if its an immobiliser, most people on here arent good enough to fit them... so your looking at 100 - 200 for fitting.... thats nearly a years car insurance... or some new wheels... fair enough if you dont have an immobiliser allready but nah... not for me.

David
Old 01 August 2002, 12:24 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
What about my pet dog's tongue, could he set it off by accident if I smeared peanut butter on it and he licked it off?
reminds me of roadtrip!

David
Old 01 August 2002, 12:25 PM
jamesjones
Scooby Regular

What happens when the car changes keeper? How easy is it to remove their fingerprints and put your own in. It would need to be done at the time of the sale and handing over of the keys. Will this need to be done on some other sophisticated machinery that you have to purchase or rent? Or will a third party handle all of it?

J
Old 01 August 2002, 12:37 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Cool

Will the sensor recognice tentacles
[sic]

Why would you use your crotch to de-activate the system?

DW
Old 01 August 2002, 12:42 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

Whats the point of the super fingerprint recognition system if you have a keypad as "backup"? Surely this makes it as vulnerable as the weakest link, the keycode, thus rendering this system an expensive gimick?

Just think, if they do become popular, car theives will start carrying pruning shears around as part of the standard kit, and the NHS will have to start billing us for Car Security Immobiliser related Amputation care.

Moray
bbs.22b.com
Old 01 August 2002, 12:45 PM
Doc
Scooby Regular

Cool

Will this not increase the number of car thefts where the owners finger has been cut off! at least its not a retina scanner (anyone seen minority report!)
Old 01 August 2002, 12:57 PM
MrScooby
Scooby Regular

Yeah I seen it, if you want we can do your system with a retina scanner
Old 01 August 2002, 01:25 PM
Makalu
Scooby Regular

What if...

One Sunday (Probably aftrenoon, around 2:30) your elderley grandmother writes you a letter inviting you over to mow her grass. She lives miles away in the middle of nowhere and does not have a phone (hence the letter..........Im not stupid!) and cannot drive as she is too old and knackered.

You shove the mower in the back of the Sport Wagon, jump in ... shove your thumb up a sensor somewhere and off you go to Grandma's.

Whilst mowing the lawn, you hear a crash of breaking glass and look down to see that you have mowed Grandmas RayBan sun glasses. Instinctively you reach down to remove them and the mower slices of both your thumbs...

How do you get to the hospital?

Fingerprint controlled entry - I think its a great idea!

Mak...

Old 01 August 2002, 01:31 PM
MrScooby
Scooby Regular

Get her to ring 999 on your mobile... but don't tell me, you don't have a mobile ?

Come on this would go on forever
Old 01 August 2002, 01:40 PM
MrScooby
Scooby Regular

Let's look at this another way...

What if your in the same circumstances but you have a standard alarm / immobiliser key fob, you went to disarm the alarm and.... nothing happens. What do you do ? You break the window to gain access to the car but you forget you still can't start the car because it's got a 3 point immobiliser on it. The only thing left to do is bridge all the broken circuits.

Every device has it's flaws when you look at all the extreme possibilities.
Old 01 August 2002, 01:56 PM
Makalu
Scooby Regular

It was a joke.

Its unlikely my grandma would ask me to mow her grass as she has been dead for three years!

Mak.
Old 01 August 2002, 02:02 PM
MrScooby
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I figured it was a joke, but just had to prove a point
Old 01 August 2002, 02:05 PM
Roger The Cat
Scooby Regular

OMG!!!

Theives will now be chopping off fingers rather than just demanding keys.......

Quick Reply: FINGERPRINT IMMOBILISERS