Notices

Star this Sunday - Important Message!!

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2001, 09:48 AM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I've confirmed with Jim that all is still okay for this weekend. Usual deal as to turning up. Park yer cars on the road and they will be shouted in when required.

A burger van will also be there as usual.

I received a worrying e-mail from one off our Skyline friends....It looks like a host of Vauxhall drivers will be turning up. I personally did not put out an invite to them and seeing as I'm organising it, it would have been nice to have been contacted for availability of spaces. This event is open to the MLR, SIDC, Skyline Reg and any other that had the courtesy to ask. So guys if you are listening, you are welcome to attend, but don't expect to run before 3pm. Or until all the regulars have been on. I don't want to sound nasty but I don't want the day hi-jacked as I sounds it might be. Jim at Star will set up a day for any group wishing to run.

Anyway guys, see you there.

I'll be at the Mac'D on the south side of the Forth bridge just after 08:00, maybe getting on towards 08:30. All depends on how many points Scotland put past the All Blacks.

...John
Old 23 November 2001, 12:18 PM
8vastra
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

Hi, you sound a bit pissed there. I know the Vauxhall guys going, and come on, AFAIK its about 5 running!! If i am wrong then i do apologise, but there arent going to be loads and they are going because they know star and, having done a few mods recently, were told there was a RR day and they would like to test the power increases.
I am going, but am not running, hope this doesnt upset you too much.
Its only a bit of fun, lighten up and lets all have a laugh
Cheers,
Rob
Old 23 November 2001, 12:53 PM
John Stevenson
Scooby Regular

8v, I don't see why you think John is Pi**ed off, I think he is only concerned that the day might have been over run. Fact remains, John organised the day and your friends were not invited, nor had they the courtesy to ask/notify John of their intention to run.
It's only manners !!

---john---
Old 23 November 2001, 12:54 PM
0ddball
Scooby Newbie

isnt star a company open to anyone with money to spend ??
Old 23 November 2001, 01:01 PM
Sam Elassar
Scooby Regular

i don' think they are open on a sunday without prior arrangment, and that is what john is trying to say.
Old 23 November 2001, 01:04 PM
8vastra
Scooby Newbie

Cool

i understand the position your are in, noone was notified it was an organised day, so noone knew who to contact.
its an all day event (that bit's right yeah?) and we were told there'd be plenty of time to run.
the guys are getting there nice and early and were never expecting to get straight on, and its not an invasion!!
see you there,
Rob
Old 23 November 2001, 01:10 PM
LEE-69
Scooby Regular

reading between the lines there worried there scoobys are going to be shown up by a vauxhall.oh dear the thought of that hehehehe
Old 23 November 2001, 01:21 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Red face

Hey guys, lets not start a debate that is going to turn into a slagging match. Okay go on then.....

8v, I was informed from a couple of people that up to20 cars were expected, or anticipated coming along for a run on the rollers. The original posting earlier on this board shows myself as organising this event. Maybe I just assume too much as 'most' members of this board and the other groups that had the open invitation were contacted know the format. Maybe I should explain myself A LOT clearer in future......mmmm.....somehow I think this will be that last one that I will organise.

Oddball, yes you are correct that Star are open for paying customers, but, this Sunday is an organised event. Although I have made the statement that all are welcome.

I look forward to seeing you ALL on Sunday, as I think I'm just gonna drop out the scene after that.

Sam, are still on track to come over to the darkside next month m8? Any updates on delivery. I'll be wanting a chat about the EvoLink. That's if I don't stomp off to TVR country shortly.

...John
Neither Pi**ed aff nor bothered. Lifes too short for sh*t!!

Old 23 November 2001, 01:31 PM
8vastra
Scooby Newbie

dont be like that!!
i hope there arent 20 of us!! a post or 2 was put up on the other star thread here saying hello and what not.
thanks for the unofficial invite though!! lets leave it at that now eh or sunday will be crap for all of us.
Old 23 November 2001, 01:48 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Wink

do not think the problem is with those who replied on the other thread
Old 23 November 2001, 06:05 PM
cosmic
Scooby Regular

Smile

the vauxhalls would be better on a brake tester
Old 23 November 2001, 07:21 PM
Sam Elassar
Scooby Regular

john
i have even got the reg number now it should be ready for the first week in december. can't wait as me car is extremely slow and standard now. i can't believe i bought it !!!!!!!!

sam
Old 23 November 2001, 08:14 PM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Just my personal input, but I think that evojkp is trying to say that he and he alone has organised the day for users of this bbs and although there is no problem withpeople turning up there has to be some sort of priority for those who have originally put their name down via this thread.

Personally, I hope a load of people turn up and give it a go! There is absolutely no bitterness on the part of evojkp (AFAIK)he just does not want to be on the receiving end of any abuse (due to excess people turning up who did not say they were!) as he organised it in the first place.

Russell
Old 23 November 2001, 08:16 PM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Sorry, forgot to say to all concerned that I will be leaving Aberdeen at about 8.00am.

Big 10-4 Rubber Duck and all that!

Russell
Old 23 November 2001, 09:17 PM
Russs
Scooby Regular

Impressed with your tact John.

I'm not expecting to make it there until about 2pm anyway.

Please don't worry about big numbers of vauxhalls turning up. It ain't gonna happen. There will be a few spectators, but you may remember that I asked if 3 or 4 of my "non-scooby" friends could come along to go on the rollers - after you had mailed me personally inviting me to come along!
So, you were asked, and it isn't going to be many - present count is 5 wishing to run, and 2 spectators.

I don't think you'll be disappointed by the guys who DO want to run their cars. Some of them will close to the magic 300bhp mark.

My own car's spec is surely enough to make it "acceptable"!
4wd, Getrag 6 speed, 289bhp on last run at Star (had a dodgy actuator, should pass 300 this time if I run it, not sure though 'cos I just refitted the turbo today after it had some warranty work done).

Please don't get fed up with organising things - I think you're doing a grand job

Oh, and can I play my first "get out of jail free" card before we get there? I am running on a horrible, crap, boy racer set of wheels until my new ones arrive (long story - couriers managed to damage 2 full sets of wheels at £1K a time!!).
My own fault for a little spin I had last month though

Cheers
Russ
Old 24 November 2001, 08:22 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Anyone who knows me ,always say that I'm bitter, twisted and easily throw the Teddy overboard. I can only agree as I believe I am just mis-understood!!

Reading back over this thread thinking I was a bit cranky....probably hormonal. Mid-life crisis @ 26?? I don't firkin care'.....oops!

Looking forward to meeting all you lot tommorrow.....although I think Jim wants us to push doogsys' car in this time, rather than him driving it. ;-)

See some of you at the bridge in the morning sometime after 08:00.

...John
soon to start HRT treatment
Old 24 November 2001, 09:02 PM
Richie1
Scooby Regular

I am not sure why the person that wrote the email said there was going to be 20 Vauxhalls going because, as Russ has said, there is 5 tops and possibly 1 or 2 that are ust watching.

I was hoping to test out all my new toys together but the chip fitting fell thru at the last minute so I will have to just test it with my new custom intercooler instead

Rich

Old 24 November 2001, 09:15 PM
8vastra
Scooby Newbie

Cool

nice one. glad thats that sorted out!!
Old 24 November 2001, 10:51 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Red face

Rich/8v,

I hope you guys are not leading us into a false sense of security!! I'm thinking of masses of Vauxhalls waiting at Star in the morning Quadrophenia style Chanting ' Bring it on ya Japanese queeeeeeerrrrssss!!'

Later...John
usually not grumpy after a MacD's and a coffee.

[Edited by evojkp - 11/24/2001 10:52:35 PM]
Old 25 November 2001, 08:27 AM
Russs
Scooby Regular

Old 25 November 2001, 11:08 AM
Richie1
Scooby Regular

Na John.... 75% of them wont be there till about 1-2pm due to other stuff.

I still dont know whether to go or not. I have just fitted a custom intercooler but one of the pipes sometimes keeps blowing off until I can get it sorted with some welded ridges on the ends.

I dont fancy haveing a run at Star and it popping off again. Still it would be worth settling the old "Chargecooler V Intercooler" debate as I had a chargecooler on before and it raised my power from 204BHP/218lbft (standard car at time) to 220BHP/235lbft.

Be good to see if the front mounted intercooler makes more difference.....