Notices

Disgusted with Greersport

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2004, 12:07 PM
Judge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Disgusted with Greersport

After having bought a Hybrid Front Mount intercooler and looked at the instructions I decided that it was beyond my limited ability and set about looking for a garage that could do it for me. This search lead me to Greersport who I was told were capable of this job.

With this in mind I drove down to Beith with the Intercooler in order to show them what was required. I also informed them that I had booked in with Dastek in order to get my Unichip remapped to take into account the intercooler when fitted on the 7th of May.

I was told that this would be no problem and that it could be fitted in 4 hours and that the only day available to me,being Monday 3rd May,was also fine with them. (This conversation took place 10 days ago)

To make sure everything was OK I again phoned Greersport on Thursday of last week to finally confirm my booking,again I was told that everything was booked and to bring my car in first thing on Monday.

After having been held on at work until 4am on Monday morning I dragged myself out of bed at 8.30am and met up with my friend who had kindly agreed to bring me home while the car was being worked on.

On arrival at Greersport after a 20 mile drive I was greeted with closed premises and no one in the area! I then phoned another friend who had the mobile number of Bill Greer and told him what had happened.He then phoned Bill Greer and found out that he was in Newcastle and had completely forgot he had booked me in despite my phone call only days earlier!

I think this kind of [thing] is utterly deplorable and unnacceptable. I am very disheartened by this experience and think that commmunity members should bear this in mind when considering parting with hard earned cash and more importantly time on having modification done by this company.

I realise this post is extremely negative but it is entirely factual and intended for information only.

Last edited by ex-webby; 03 May 2004 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03 May 2004, 12:13 PM
Judge
Scooby Regular

Please see for sale forum re this FMIC
Old 03 May 2004, 12:23 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

edited to get rid of name and shame

Last edited by drb5; 03 May 2004 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03 May 2004, 12:39 PM
Judge
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate,this experience has caused me untold hassle with knock-on effects which go much further than today,extremely dissappointing
Old 03 May 2004, 12:47 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

can i ask, what other things have came about since this has happened? anything i can help with? i see your now sellin it, but why? just because bill ain't doin the job anymore?
Old 03 May 2004, 12:53 PM
Judge
Scooby Regular

Well the main thing is that Dastek have a 4 week waiting list for mapping and due to my work being virtually constant it is nearly impossible for me to coordinate things.It so happens that I could just manage it this week but that has obviously now gone for a Burton and as such so has my mapping session.I was supposed to be working today so I have lost public holiday rates and I now have a day wasted on my hands too. I am totally disheartened with trying to juggle things when halfwits will almost certainly let you down! Know what I mean?
Old 03 May 2004, 12:58 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

i know EXACTLY what you mean m8. all good things come to those who wait. it may again not be what you want to hear, but my suggestion for the next mod is the td05 m8. straight fit and only remap of chip to make it work bang on
Old 03 May 2004, 01:00 PM
Judge
Scooby Regular

Possibly mate..............................wont be going to friggin Greer's for it though!
Old 03 May 2004, 07:31 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

Okay, so you're cheesed off today by being let down by a company.
You also go on about how much it's cost you to take the day off etc.

Well... why would you now want to sell your FMIC which i assume you'll be selling it for less than you paid? You want to lose more money??

Take a chill pill. Have a bevvy. Leave the friggin motor as it is for a couple of weeks and then think about gettin' the intercooler put on the car.
Is no big deal about Dastek. So they have a four week lead time. Doesn't matter.

Organise gettin' the car done over a longer period without putting yourself under pressure to get someone to fit one day and map the very next.
Old 03 May 2004, 08:00 PM
Judge
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Alan,I appreciate what you are saying but I purposely left 4 days between fitting and mapping to allow for unforseen delays PITA though it would have been. I dont think I am expecting to much on this occassion although you have a good point.
Old 03 May 2004, 08:08 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

The problem Judge is that we are all human and make mistakes. Christ i know, i've made a few, in this scooby tuning lark in the past, but all i wanted to get across was don't make a rash decision you may come to regret later on.
Leave it for a while, ask questions on who can do what, when, and where for you and for how much, then take it from there.
As is said above, all good things come to those who wait.

If you don't mind me saying ( i don't know you), but on reading your post it sounds like work is putting you under pressure and you need a holiday!!

If i can advise in any way, feel free to ask. Others can vouch for my credibility
Old 03 May 2004, 08:11 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

Oh and btw, I don't know anything about Greersport and have never used them if anyone was wondering!
Old 03 May 2004, 08:12 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Not the first time a mishap or...."misunderstanding" with them. I had booked in to get a set of spring fitted to my old mota' No worries all would be fine. Got there and they had forgot about me. Bill jumps in my car and disappears only to return 10mins later stating that it was a "quick" car. The springs were fitted and all bolted back on, told it was ready, only to find the steering wheel was a quarter turn out and it handled like a pig!! A quick U turn back to Beith and the reply was "oh yeah, it'll need the geometery set-up, but we don't do that...you'll need to get it done elsewhere!" WTF. Needless to say my last trip to Beith!!

Again as in Judges post...factual and correct and for info only.

...John
Old 03 May 2004, 08:24 PM
Mark A
Scooby Regular

Judge

Do it yourself, I recon that it would take a weekend if you put your mind to it. Mines taken 3-4 hrs over the last 2/52 and I'm nearly finished. This has to be one of the most rewarding jobs I've done on my car. Just make sure you've got all the tools, jigsaw, sharp knife, long ruler, angle grinder, drill and sockets.
And as Alan says keep hold of the FMIC and relax, find another garage who understand customer care.

Mark A
Old 03 May 2004, 08:25 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys

Thank you to everyone for keeping this legal and factual without the emotions. Due to this, the thread is able to remain. There was one small edit that was necessary to Judge's first post, but the rest of it was fine.

Please PLEASE keep this in mind. If posts start popping up which could cause a problem, the thread will be deleted.

All the best

Simon
Old 03 May 2004, 10:26 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

As Mark says, it's not too much of a job to do yourself but i think in your case, it's the *thought* of all the work you're going to have to do yourself, fear of getting it wrong, not getting it back together etc etc.
Once you get started you'll find it's fairly straightforward, just takes a bit of time, but if you're under constraints of having to get it back on the road next day for work, i can see where the doubt comes in about doing something like this.
Old 03 May 2004, 11:56 PM
Mark A
Scooby Regular

If you do decide to do it yourself e-mail me and I'll tell what I did wrong so you don't make the same mistakes and hopefully speed up the process.

Mark A

Last edited by Mark A; 05 May 2004 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04 May 2004, 10:03 PM
Judge
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers Mark,I appreciate that
Old 05 May 2004, 08:15 PM
lortyboy
Scooby Newbie

Being a regular customer at greersport i disagree with your opinion of the company. Been taking my car there for the past two years and find that they are very helpful and good at there job. Unlike the last few places where ive had my pants taken down and severly rodgered but i will not name and shame cause thats not my game unlike yourself.

U have to understand this is a small company with only 3 employees. Im quite sure it was just a misunderstanding in the diary because unlike your big subaru garages they have a pen and paper called a diary not a computer if u know wot i mean.

Im really shocked and i hope the company do not lose buisness over this. My comments are fair if someone is allowed 2 put it down im surely allowed to appraise it.

Thanks Lorty
Old 05 May 2004, 09:14 PM
cosmic
Scooby Regular

maybe you work for greersport funny how your first post as a newbie starts here just a thought
Old 05 May 2004, 09:21 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

"maybe you work for greersport"

Cosmic, responses like that will get the whole thread deleted!!!
Old 05 May 2004, 09:31 PM
lortyboy
Scooby Newbie

Only came on 2nite cause my friend informed me that somethin about the company was on it so i thought i would scope it and let u know my views.
Old 05 May 2004, 09:35 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

lortyboy, thank you for the input.
Old 05 May 2004, 11:23 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

lortyboy, fair comment mate!! Greersport are no different from any other garage or performance centre. Every one of them pi$$ of customers at some point, and as always in life these are the points of view that are broadcast.

I don't think it will lose them business as they are bigger than on our wee corner of the net. Now, if they cheese of the ned brigade, that may be a whole new ball game

Balanced views is what this is all about. Falkland, AWD and Star have all had negative posts, but if you are happy, then stick with them. My experience, albeit a few years ago and the way I was spoken to caused me not to go back....that's my choice. I'm pretty sure if you were up for some serious big bucks mods to your car, peoples personal experiences with garages would be something you would look for, rather than blindly handing over yer wedge and hoping the end result is exactly what you wanted.

Each to there own....

...John