Notices

Fiskens of Forfar?

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2004, 12:43 PM
Blairc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiskens of Forfar?

Thinking of getting my RB5 serviced there, has anybody used them before? Your thoughts on them would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Old 19 February 2004, 02:34 PM
Rob D
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Blairc, I've got nothing but praise for Fiskins I and many others I know have had good service from them. Fred the service manager is a top bloke.
They are half the price of my local Subaru dealer who charge nearly £68 per hour
Old 19 February 2004, 04:49 PM
Blairc
Scooby Regular

Rob D,

Thanks for the advice. They certinly work out cheaper than my "local" subaru garage as well.

I think it`ll be Fiskens who`ll be servicing my RB5 as I really want to keep the Subaru stamps in the Service History.

Cheers,

Chris.
Old 19 February 2004, 06:27 PM
Dark
Scooby Regular

Haven't Fiskens lost their franchise? Along with Melvilles nr Dundee & Kings in Aberfeldy?

Last edited by Dark; 19 February 2004 at 06:28 PM.
Old 19 February 2004, 09:25 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Talking

fiskens have not lost their franchise and are in factopening up where toyota used to be
you get a good cheap service and always good chat off fred especially if you ask for discount
martin
Old 20 February 2004, 01:18 AM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Another thumbs-up for Fiskins

Fred, Shona and the boys will take good care of your motor.

Remember and get your SIDC discount

I believe Fiskins were threatened with losing the franchise as Subaru wanted them to relocate to Dundee, which they were unprepared to do. Stood their ground and they're still there.
Melvilles is no great loss, useless IMO
Old 20 February 2004, 10:25 AM
Dark
Scooby Regular

Good news that Fiskins have survived, I'd always heard good reports.

I think there is a new dealer opening in Cupar, owned by the same guys who run Fife Mitsubishi.

Mark
Old 20 February 2004, 10:55 AM
Boyakasha
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

We bought 2 cars from T&C last year and I have decided that we will not be going back to them. Spoke to Fred from Fiskens, who could not have been a nicer guy, so a big thumbs up from me as well.

Marc
Old 20 February 2004, 03:52 PM
my94
Scooby Regular

Right accross the road from the current "EVO shop" in Cupar is the new site for the "Scooby shop".To be run by the same people.
The current place is a family dealership who,IMHO,will do us all proud.
My dad bought a car from there and they shine above any other car dealership I"ve been to.Great guys.
They also own part of the franchise for the classic car club and have a real passion for cars,so I think this is good news for anyone buying a new scooby in the future.
Watch this space:-)
Old 20 February 2004, 08:16 PM
scoobylav
Scooby Regular

another thumbs up for Fiskens, cars been there a couple of times and I have always been happy.
Old 21 February 2004, 01:34 AM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Boyakasha
We bought 2 cars from T&C last year and I have decided that we will not be going back to them.
Can't understand where you're coming from Mark. Gary and Russell are top blokes to deal with.

Have never had anything short of fantastic service from T&C. Saying that, their servicing is a bit pricey, that's why i turned to Fiskins.

Paul
Old 21 February 2004, 10:05 AM
Boyakasha
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi Paul, there is a bit of history. i.e picked up both cars (new) and the condition of one of the was a disgrace etc. Not even an appology from the salesman and it was almost like he couldn't be ar$ed. However I have alot of respect for Alan who resolved everything but this was not his job to do.

When I recently phoned to ask about a trade in on a WR1 I had to phone back over a week later as I had no phone call from Mr. Saleman (same guy who sold us our 2 cars) When asked if he had a trade in price he proceeded to make up some excuse about time frame. Again I told him I just wanted the current price so he picks a number off the top of his head and I had to laughed. This was the last straw. I don't expect to spend £50k every 2-3 years on new cars and get that sort of service.

I don't know the other two guys you have mentioned so cannot comment, but it seems that T&C need to pull their socks up as there are a lot more Subaru dealers around and they could find themselves heading the same way as Andersons went.

Maybe it is dealers in Aberdeen, you walk into a showroom and I get the feeling that we have to do all the work to buy a car, I mean ffs who is the customer here. It's about time the motor trade in Aberdeen got a wake up call, car supermarket etc?

Marc