Subaru Service Departments !!

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2004, 08:10 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Subaru Service Departments !!

Wahey, once again !!

I phoned A F Nobles in penicuilk today to enquire about my 1k service, PPP, springs & mudflaps & also to ask a few warranty questions & to be honest i couldnt have recieved a better service.
So proceeded to phone "Drive" in falkirk & guess what ?????????
They werent getting any answer from there service department, but they would give the girl my phone number & get her to contact me !!!!
Did she ????????
Nope !!
That was Drives last chance after all the hassle i have had & to be honest that its, they wont be recieving any future business from me !!

PS 11 days & counting
Old 18 February 2004, 08:56 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

STI-04.

Pick up your car from Drive, tell them thanks for the car and any problems and you will be going to Nobles until they get their service department sorted out.

It has been a night and day experience and I relayed my reasons to Mr Noble himself (he was interested as to why I bought my car from Drive and then went to Nobles for all my work). I told him exactly why I was not using Drive - many of the reasons mentioned above. I told Mr Noble about them having 2 Subaru technicians and he read my mind when he said "And, of course, you have never seen them?!" - true and I said it would of course be just "unfortunate" if my car was serviced there and they were both off and, instead a Rover technician worked on my car to "save any inconvenience". If I pay for Subaru technicians and service that is what I want, not Nissan or whatever.

Drive won't be seeing my business for any service or warranty work unless I am desperate and, heaven forbid, Nobles lose the Subaru franchise.
Old 19 February 2004, 11:06 AM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Nobles get all my buisness,even though i only usually visit edinburgh at w/kends,really helpfull and cannot fault them,even though my car is a eu import.had a poor experience with S & S in Ayr,so no buisness for them ,IMHO of course.
Old 19 February 2004, 11:33 AM
kart_man
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up Nobles.

Got my 22.5 k service done at Nobles on Monday and Colin was chatty, pleasant and they even jet washed my car for me !
They were a bit off with me once when I took my EU import in there, but have been fine since. Maybe I just caught them on a bad day !
Old 19 February 2004, 11:35 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Hmmmmmm

No comment
Old 19 February 2004, 12:12 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thud !

[/get's up from the floor]

Colin; chatty & pleasant

I've always got on well with Derek, but some others have more mood swings than a woman

Stefan
Old 19 February 2004, 12:32 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Talking

PMSL @ Stefan

I am trying to be sooooo tactful here .... !

Especially as Robert and Colin (Hi to you both ) like a wee surf around scoobynet every now and again ...

Will never forget the day I walked into the service reception and instead of the usual good morning Mr Patterson I was greeted with Alright SiPie

Immediately tried to remember if I'd been overly abusive towards Nobles on Scoobynet during the previous week.

They'd caught wind of my blown engine (or something else that was knackered that week...could of been anything ) thread and had put 2 + 2 together from the thread/profile !!! Just as well it wasn't a warranty claim I was making as I could of easily shot myself right in the foot
Old 19 February 2004, 10:10 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

I'm sure they have a sense of humour if they do stumble across these posts

If not, I might get a frosty reception when my car's in for it's next server
Old 19 February 2004, 10:34 PM
Pongo(555)
Scooby Newbie

Hi i have been dealing with AF Nobles for past 18months i bought the car there and it came with a 2 year warranty which for a second hand car i thought was well good and i also get my car serviced there too never met any off them on a bad day yet anyway lol.

Car goes in for another service in 3 weeks so heres hoping i recieve the usual good service .

Pongo555

Last edited by Pongo(555); 19 February 2004 at 10:35 PM.
Old 19 February 2004, 10:56 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Wink

If Colin or Robert are reading this..."Make sure that courtesy car is ready for 07:30hrs tomorrow, as I will want to get home to Bed ASAP!!" I must be mad going thru' straight off the nightshift.

...John
Old 20 February 2004, 12:10 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

John, I'm far too lazy to be up at that time of the morning. I usually ask them to collect my car on the back of their lorry. 0

Think every Dealer should provide that sort of service

Stefan
Old 20 February 2004, 12:31 AM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Stefan, I'll be up all night anyway as I finish at 07:00 this morning. Yeah, I'll be going for the pick-up service in future.

...John
Old 20 February 2004, 01:18 AM
jaf01uk
Scooby Regular

Put mine into a local dealer (work it out from my location on profile?) for a 10000 srvice last month and I have just noticed the gearbox oil is just barely touching the bottom of the dipstick well below the minimum, still to confront them, they ticked the box on the sheet as checked/rectified
Gary
Ps. Was in Nobles a while ago having a look at the merchandise in the cabinet when I was at our college in Eddleston and was surprised when the sales guy (I think) came over and started chatting pleasantly (and didnt try to flog me anything,
Pps, one of our full time staff members sons works there but I'm not sure which dept,
Old 20 February 2004, 11:57 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I'm sure they have a sense of humour if they do stumble across these posts
Are we talking about Colin here

To be fair, on the whole I’ve found Nobles not too bad. I think I'm just lucky that Colin hasn't placed my face as 'Saxo Boy' They can very often be chatty and helpful and other times downright rude and unhelpful. When his chips are down on a day Colin will just blame whatever is wrong with the car on the mods you have no matter how safe and proven they are! He also denies that 'fuel surge' is possible on an Impreza So all the track goers are making it up then???

My fondest memory of Nobles is when I went in to get a turbo gasket and a turbo stud and the 'employee' (won't say who just in case) went on a rant about Colin, which I duly engaged in just for kicks. 10 rather funny minutes later and he ran every possible discount he could for the parts because I'd just bad mouthed his boss with him My not so found memory was the time I took a Trooper courtesy car and ran out of diesel on the bypass at rush hour Bet you can place the face now col!

I guess though Nobles is like any other garage - they have good days and bad days, happy customers and lawsuits, etc. Derek is very friendly as someone said. I’ll miss the feeling of driving a nicely service Scooby out of Nobles but I sure as hell won’t miss the bill that gets sent to you a week later!!!
Old 20 February 2004, 01:13 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Talking

lOL @ Kenny & the discounted bill

I've actually seen the person (i think I know the one you are talking about) being sent home as he was annoying Colin that much that he just told him to **** off him and to get out of his face if he was going to keep giving crap advice to customers ..

I was p1ssing myself laughing at the time..

Must add that Colin has almost always been very decent with me

The other funny bit is the way the girl Claire (who works in the service reception) gets treated .... she had been on a diet and the class comment to her face from a certain member of staff there was
well you are losing weight but it looks like your twin airbags are shrinking as a result
Classic entertainment if nothing else
Old 20 February 2004, 01:33 PM
kart_man
Scooby Regular

Congratulations on getting the discount ! It's taken me 3 services to finally get the SIDC discount ! I now mention it at the end of every sentance so they can't say "Oops sorry, the bills made up now and you're too late !!!".
Old 20 February 2004, 03:04 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

At least you get sent the bill. I'd hate to have to pay on the spot

I've never had any major grief with them, just feel sometimes that the automatically assume they know better than you. Took me 2 mths to convince them my O2 sensor was faulty

Stefan
Old 20 February 2004, 03:19 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Smile

just feel sometimes that the automatically assume they know better than you
Agree with you there Stefan...

... plus I'm sure you'd all be interested to hear just what they think of scoobynet and the people that use it
Old 05 March 2004, 10:50 AM
8seconds
Scooby Newbie

Default Nobles

Got to say AF Noble are very good and everyone is helpful and pleasant. Never found Robert or Colin to be anything other than helpful or friendly.

I had swapped to Goodyear F1's and started to get a lot of noise on smooth road surfaces which I thought might be the tyres or a wheel bearing. They took the time to test the car on another set of tyres to prove it was not a wheel bearing.

Until I bought a Subaru, I had never purchased cars from a franchised dealer.

Sales very pleasant as well. Servicing is reasonably priced, but then I used to have Lancia's and any bill less than £250 was a shock.

On my second Subaru now, 1 Green classic wagon and now in WR Blue WRX saloon, and in 65,000 miles between them in the last 2 1/2 years, the only faults I have had are 3 blown lightbulbs.

If you go, to the Internet or a supermarket, you will always better cheaper. But AF Noble are competitive and the whole ownership experience, sales and service, is good. As long as I have Subaru's, they will have first refusal on my business.
Old 05 March 2004, 01:36 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Got my scoob booked in for its 1000 mile service next saturday morning !!
they seemed helpful on the phone !!
as for cough drive we wont go there
Old 05 March 2004, 05:32 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Talking

I was there today (paying my bill) and also getting a rattle seen to.

Derek took the car out for a drive (for a while), came back telling me he knew the rattle I meant - I stunned - usually these guys in garages can't head the gearbox explode, nevermind a rattle.

10 minutes later it was fixed!

Good service as ever,

Oh yeah - get your SIDC discount if you are a member - even after three weeks they remembered that I had asked for it!

Brian.

Last edited by wrxmania; 05 March 2004 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05 March 2004, 06:14 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

I havent invested in SIDC the mr's says i can get that nxt month haha !
What was the rattle brian ?
just washed mines again but that was the first sponge wash it has had (autoglym shampoo) need to invest in a chamois tomorrow
Old 05 March 2004, 08:36 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Talking

It was the studs that hold on the door card - the card shakes a bit on rough ground but is otherwise solid.
Old 05 March 2004, 09:33 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxmania
usually these guys in garages can't hear the gearbox explode, nevermind a rattle
Mmm wanna be a bit more offensive towards techs ?
Spooks
Old 06 March 2004, 12:24 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Spooks
Mmm wanna be a bit more offensive towards techs ?
Spooks
Sorry Spooks - didn't mean to be offensive. I am sure, however, you know the scenario where a rattle or a fault is not found by the technician but annoys the hell out of the owner?

I am sure BMW drivers must be as fussy as hell and expect superhuman performance and build quality from their beemer sometime, in spite of it being a P reg 316 compact?

No offence meant

Brian.
Old 13 March 2004, 02:37 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

well just got my 1000 mile service done so its time for some fun

Nobles were great

sti-04!!
Old 13 March 2004, 03:43 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular